Strictly Come Dancing 2012 Thread 4. Sparkly and shiny and MAHR-VO-LOUS!

(998 Posts)
AndiMac Sun 18-Nov-12 13:01:44

Just starting a new thread before tonight's elimination, as I'm sure we'll all have something to say about that.

Minimammoth Sun 25-Nov-12 06:33:28

Pleeease can we get someone to sort Brucie. he has to GO. Can't he 'Want to spend time with his family' or be kidnapped or something.

Oodthunkit Sun 25-Nov-12 08:49:02

mini are you proposing a MN mission? Am not a lot of use physically but have a wheelchair Bruce could be kidnapped in.

Dh wants to know when they dance 2dances?

suburbandream Sun 25-Nov-12 09:02:34

Dani is my new favourite - I so want Louis to pull something extra out of the bag, he dances beautifully but he has the same blank expression every week.
Poor DVO, that fall in training looked nasty!
I watched Victoria and Brendan from behind a cushion, she just looks so uncomfortable doing latin.
Nicky was great but hugely overmarked IMO

ppeatfruit Sun 25-Nov-12 09:16:59

Well another over view here-

I agree with all the critics of effing B.F. HOW DO WE GET RID OF HIM.??? angry sad

smallclanger LOL about natalie being dragged around 'like a wheelie bin'!!!!grin yes I thought so too grin

Agree about DVO's dance not being American smooth enough and why were the audience applauding them ALL the time? Pretty but they were doing too many twirls IMO and were over marked.

Still Danni to win grin

Shame about Louis I like the 'charmless child' description !!! I reckon he can SORT OF DANCE but needs a good kick up the backside to emote yes redzombie poor Flavia she won't win with him and she is SUBLIME!!

The music is finally technically better but WHY DO THEY CHOOSE SUCH CRAP?? What's wrong with the traditional dance music ??? I know someone else upthread said it but it needs repeating!!!

I agree about the music choices, they have been a real let down this series. I want it to make me want to get up and twirl round the room.

<ducks> - I don't mind Bruce, he just doesn't bother me most of the time, but think someone else could give it a much needed new lease of life.

Sparklingbrook Sun 25-Nov-12 09:23:35

So far we need to-

Get rid of Bruce. No disrespect but it's time, and it shows. This does not reduce any of his popularity at all. He was a hoot on the Generation Game in the 70s, and I am sure he is an all round good bloke.

Sort the music out. A live Orchestra just playing would be lovely.

Not sure about Tess. She is just mega annoying...

ppeatfruit Sun 25-Nov-12 09:46:38

Thinking about B.F. Yes sparkling he was funnier when he could remember his lines (or read the autocue grin) in the 70s but there's something almost horrible about him now;he tells jokes against himself and hates those who laugh at them in an odd way; also what was the comment about the way he deals with hecklers about? Agree with the op who said they wouldn't be employing an 84yr old woman to present SCD.

Tess is alright but better with Claudia IMO.

Oodthunkit Sun 25-Nov-12 09:57:47

I did get the impression last night he didn't get what he was reading /'the jokes' , they are read not quite right.

Just caught up on iplayer,
I really liked Lisa's rumba, thought there was quite a bit of emotion in it.
Also really love Natalie, and think Michael has improved so much.
Interesting that Karen so good at the Charleston, I know she's a pro-dancer, but it seems so different from the other Latin stuff.
Disliked Kimberley's tango. Also, wasn't her dress going to be white originally?
Agree it's VP's time to go.

EdgarAllanPond Sun 25-Nov-12 11:58:31

Tess seemed much more relaxed without Brucie around.

Oodthunkit Sun 25-Nov-12 12:15:33

Is charleston choreographed by someone else?

Anyone else get the impression Bruce was told off for singing Happy Birthday?

LadyClariceCannockMonty Sun 25-Nov-12 12:18:59

Marking place.

Liked Kimberley; the song, the frock, her performance.

Disappointed in Lisa but I guess it just wasn't her dance.

Michael was poor.

Dani was overmarked. Didn't feel much like a samba to me and I don't feel anything watching her dance.

Denise's routine not showbizzy enough.

Louis could be spectacular but needs to learn to let himself go.

Victoria needs to go home. Both she and Brendan look as though they've had enough.

Nicky was good (Karen was FANTASTIC) but he is so self-obsessed. Never heard one single word of acknowledgment/thanks from him for all her hard work.

I have spoiler if any one wants a pm

Sparklingbrook Sun 25-Nov-12 13:06:15

Ooh yes please hob. I can't find one.

RedZombie Sun 25-Nov-12 13:37:50

I'm so tempted to go to DS to read the spoiler and I'm never normally bothered.

No hints either, or I'll have to go over.

LadyClariceCannockMonty Sun 25-Nov-12 13:42:09

No!

[horrified]

but tempted

ppeatfruit Sun 25-Nov-12 13:48:54

Anyone follow SCD or a celeb. who's on it on twitter? I was wondering if there's criticism against B.F. on there?

Mrsjay Sun 25-Nov-12 14:04:53

well I loved nicky westlifes charleston last night and i hate him he even seemed connected to Karen I think he got a fright last week he pulled his socks up and got on with it, bet he thought Oh im nicky westlife I wont be bottom 2 ,

Danni was fantastic I loved her Beyonce and Vincent has the most amazing bottom blush

Victoria needs to go now I think Brendan is fed up now

chipstick10 Sun 25-Nov-12 14:36:12

Nicky is so full of himself and I will never take to Dvo no matter how hard she tries the down to earth = v annoying Essex girl act. She gets on my last nerve and makes it raw.
Love dani and Vincent and want them to win.

digerd Sun 25-Nov-12 14:46:29

I feel sorry for Victoria as Brendon's facial expressions are so derogatory - quite nasty I think. Perhaps her lack of ability reflects on him, in his mind? She impressed me with one of her ballroom dances in that beautiful dress.

Mrsjay Sun 25-Nov-12 14:48:40

Nicky is full of himself i usually don't like him at all but i loved it last night and he did seem to connect to Karen a bit better than before, Yes Danni and vincent to win, I know DVO is great but I think you need to like the couples to support them ,

digerd Sun 25-Nov-12 14:53:26

Ladyclarice
Agree with everything you said including Dani's samba

ppeatfruit Sun 25-Nov-12 15:40:41

Agree about Brendan and Vic, surely it's him who should be trying his best to help her (I reckon that, like Louis ,Vic is too sporty to be a dancer, it must be hard to be one thing and be expected to be something else so different), At least Louis is lucky with Flavia.

Vic. always does better when she's being pushed around led by Br.

WrathdePan Sun 25-Nov-12 16:11:47

I think Brendan's mind is also on his and wife's new arrival due imminently, and he knows no-one can make a SCD winner out of Vicky. Was it Bruno who said she looks gorgeous standing still? Which she does, but waaay too self-conscious to do the latin.

ppeatfruit Sun 25-Nov-12 16:17:44

Yes it's interesting how both Vic and Louis are sooo self conscious. Aaah I feel sorry for them grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now