MN VOGUE VOL 62

(1000 Posts)
Drywhiteplease Sun 16-Aug-15 12:25:19

We are clinging on to our denim shorts for as long as we can but the words "jumpers" and ""boots" have already been uttered shock. Come and join us in our epic pursuit of fabulous fashion. We love a chat, a newbie! links and a wine....

Drywhiteplease Sun 16-Aug-15 12:29:30

Continuing from here

libertychick Sun 16-Aug-15 12:29:37

Raises a wine to dry...

Drywhiteplease Sun 16-Aug-15 12:43:19

Cheers my dear grin

OneLittleLady Sun 16-Aug-15 12:48:01

thanks for the new thread dry wine wine

Karbea Sun 16-Aug-15 12:49:18

Checking in.

LinusDKD Sun 16-Aug-15 12:54:26

Thanks dry!

novice I have no clue when it comes to stocks and shares but DH does and I can imagine him trying to get the DC interested when they are older.

Instead of a bank account he has actually set up a kind of investment portfolio for each child in which he has been putting in a certain amount each month since they were born. I think DS now has more money than I do. blush

QueenCardigan Sun 16-Aug-15 14:07:26

Cheers wine

I relented today and went into cropped jeans but I'd love to still be in shorts but it feels chilly today. Kind of looking forward to a/w clothing as starting to feel a bit scruffy in summer stuff.

shopafrolic Sun 16-Aug-15 14:16:11

Marks place for later - thanks Dry

Drywhiteplease Sun 16-Aug-15 14:55:43

I've been browsing....lots of rusts,Browns,mustards 70s around, great for autumns.

Stokey Sun 16-Aug-15 16:03:24

Love the shiny new thread Dry and your reasons to look forward to autumn.

I have been braving denim shorts (with charcoal hoodie) for most of the day but it's been more hopeful than anything.

Anyone seen any coat trends yet? I haven't bought a proper winter one since AW 2011 so am long overdue.

BlairWaldorfLovesShopping Sun 16-Aug-15 17:12:05

Vol 62, wow, thanks Dry!

We were up early today to go to a BMW show thing near Warwick. Had a lovely morning, then stopped off at a local pub on the way back to have a late lunch. I wore some espadrille wedges and kept falling over sad luckily I brought another pair of shoes...

stokey the only coat trend I've seen so far is capes/ponchos, which I think you'd look really good in! But probably not the most practical.

Drywhiteplease Sun 16-Aug-15 18:24:50

So, according too ST Style Mag, if we own a Breton top we are now K MiddleTon sloanes hmm..... Darn, should have kept my pink Aga!

Stokey volume seems still in coat wise, cocoon etc. can't bet a classic double breasted wool/cashmere like my camel Massimo Dutti from last A/W, I wear it loads. Looks great smart of casual with jeans and Stan Smiths. Would love the same in charcoal.

lobsterandprawns Sun 16-Aug-15 18:31:20

Hello all. Space for a new person? I really need to sort out my weekend/casual wear and came across this thread whilst browsing for help! Work wear is not a problem at all but weekend clothes are a different matter. I'm just bored of wearing jeans and bland tops but don't really know where to start. Anyone else struggle with casual wear?

Drywhiteplease Sun 16-Aug-15 18:51:33

Errrrm, think a lot of us do lobster, like you I seem to live in jeans on weekends. Stick around, you'll get loads of links. Are you on Pinterest? i pin loads of looks I like to inspire me.

lobsterandprawns Sun 16-Aug-15 19:20:18

well I look on pinterest Dry the looks I'm drawn to and like are just not practical for me. I always like the skinny jeans, skyscraper heels, big bag with hair all beachy and wavy which is not practical when running around with kids (and having the flattest hair in the world!). It's like my brain thinks it's a 25 year supermodel rather than a 38 year pear shaped mum of two!

LinusDKD Sun 16-Aug-15 19:52:31

Welcome lobster! I am a SAHM so live in jeans all week. wink

dry can a foreigner be a Sloane? I guess not, but I can't count the breton tops and dresses in my wardrobe. grin

I have no idea what the new coat shape is this season but as a short pear I stick to what suits me. Nipped in at the waist and not too long.

lib did you get your cape in the end? I really loved the shape and the fact it came in a shorter size.

Fedupnagging Sun 16-Aug-15 20:05:03

Thanks for new thread Dry

Have had a catch up on all the links I missed - I absolutely LOVE the Kali silk dress you linked Queen - perfect colour for us winters and great style for me hides tummy!

Also loved your pop necklace Karbea and those oos stans Linus linked.

Hi Lobster - there will be loads of inspiration on here as we're all trying to do casualwithout the jeans at some point. Don't tell Santa but I like the boden crops at the moment!

Anyway, I have an early birthday present and it came in this bag:

OneLittleLady Sun 16-Aug-15 20:08:46

argh, this seasons colours are just no good for me. i look positively green and zombified in browns, rusts, khakis and mustards. s/s was no good for me either with all the coral. looks like my shopping is going to be very limited in terms of what colours i can get. i'm not loving these capes and ponchos either, impossible to carry a rucksack and/or larger cross body bag with them like i need to. hopefully my wool Hobbs coat will still fit this year.

reenrollment info has arrived my dsis says (i got her to open the letter for me and ell me what it was) so hopefully ill now be more clued up about whats happening and when.

does anyone else feel grimey after being in central london or is it just me not being used to it?!

Fedupnagging Sun 16-Aug-15 20:19:22

I decided against this bag in the end and wanted

this style in tan

so, dh got me a mulberry somerset in tan - I am beyond pleased!

Fedupnagging Sun 16-Aug-15 20:20:48

Oops, forgot to post the picture

shopafrolic Sun 16-Aug-15 20:21:31

Welcome lobster beach wavy hair is possible for me since I found the Kerastase beach spray. Wash hair. Spray in and rough dry. Go downstairs for breakfast and keep scrunching hair with hands intermittently while feeding DS and myself. Hair almost dry having cleared plates, if not quick blast with hairdryer and I'm good to go.
I live in skinnies and used to live my heels. Now I wear trainers, pointed flats or a mid heeled boot. Big bag is a given for me to cart all the crap around in!
What's in the bag Fedup?

libertychick Sun 16-Aug-15 20:28:26

Oh lovely fedup. Gorgeous classic bag!

Welcome lobster! I have the opposite problem ATM. Plenty of casual clothes and not enough work options. I wear chinos quite a lot instead of jeans and I'm on the look out for midi length straight jersey skirts to wear with sweaters for an alternative weekend look.

dry one of my top wants this AW is a coat like your Massimo Dutti one.

Linus I did order the cape. Will report when it arrives smile

Fedupnagging Sun 16-Aug-15 20:31:35

So now I'm searching for cobalt dresses in my price range and that would suit me:

This is neither but is stunning

Love this Coast dress

gorgeous - Marsha would suit this one.

Nice

MarshaBrady Sun 16-Aug-15 20:55:42

Hola!

We're back from holidays, was lovely as it always is. Already planning next one to look forward to!

So nice to have a nice new thread on return, Dry thanks

Stokey could really see you in a cape / poncho.

welcome Lobster smile

Linus sure thing wink, we were all mini aus Sloanes in our teen years, well we tried. Pearls, scarves, blazers, velvet head bands, pie crust collars, collars turned up. hoho

Wow Fedup exciting! Lovely bag. And adore that dress.

One defo stick to the brights, they suit you.

Lib you'd really suit that look.

Shop went past your neck of the woods when I returned today, waved out the train window. although we stuffed up and should have just got a car like we do on the way to the airport, much easier, and cheaper

I love this colour Jil Sander but not cheap.

This thread is not accepting new messages.