Producs that arw cheap as chips but beauty gold?

(81 Posts)
Allthingspretty Sat 03-Aug-13 10:36:32

I am seriiously impreased with;
Boots Botanics moisturiser SPf 15 sinks in lovely and doesnt leave my skin greasy

George at Asda gel nail polish -no chipping so far after three days

ChocsAwayInMyGob Sat 03-Aug-13 10:55:20

Superdrug hand cream is great and cheap too! There are some excellent perfumes around for under a tenner too.

Angels on Bare Skin exfoliating cleanser from Lush. Hero product. Maybe not cheap as chips (unless they are expensive gourmet chips grin ) but I'd happily pay double the price as it is so good and lasts ages.

Shea butter. A few quid for a big pot and it's gorgeous, especially slathered all over winter skin after a bath.

Dr Bronner's liquid soap. Again, not dirt-cheap, but certainly not expensive. Brilliant stuff. I use it in the shower, in the kids' bath, for hand-washing and sometimes for cleaning.

ZolaBuddleia Sat 03-Aug-13 11:11:23

Garnier BB cream. Much much better than the Clinque CC one or the LRP BB.

ENormaSnob Sat 03-Aug-13 11:21:01

Garnier gradual tan. Better than st tropez imo.

Olay spf 15 daily moisturiser. About a fiver for 100mls and i love it.

Asda spray suncream.

MadBusLady Sat 03-Aug-13 11:46:45

Collection Gel nail varnish from Superdrug. I think it's about £3 which seems to count as cheap as chips for nail varnish these days confused Idiot-proof brush.

Flexitol, especially the foot and leg moisturiser

Aveeno body lotion

Superdrug Vitamin E face oil

Radox

Tiny tube of Aveda Hand Relief - it's not cheap (about £6.50 for a tiny tube) but it is so lovely to use that it is worth it

Deep Heat

Max Factor cream blusher - the one that is bright, bright pink in the pot

Revlon nail varnish

MadBusLady Sat 03-Aug-13 11:49:56

I second Garnier BB cream as well.

And how could I forget my Boujois Healthy Mix foundation? About a tenner and it is going to be the first foundation I ever buy twice - and have tried lots of high end ones over the years including Bare Minerals and Bobbi Brown which are supposed to be the best. They isn't smile

StupidFlanders Sat 03-Aug-13 11:54:15

False eyelashes.

Sudocrem

Allthingspretty Sat 03-Aug-13 12:15:10

Corn silk powder
Boots face wipes (The cucumber /other variety)

ChocsAwayInMyGob Sat 03-Aug-13 12:26:32

Avon Skin So Soft Original spray oil not only moisturises but also repels mozzies. It's around 3.50 a bottle. My mum swears by it.

jamster66 Sat 03-Aug-13 12:29:15

Sudocrem - clears spots better than any prescription stuff I've had (and I've had them all)

Bicarbonate of soda - spoonful mixed with any shampoo gets all the build up out of my hair better than clarifying shampoos

Rimmel concealer

Cheap conditioner - any kind for shaving my legs

Mach 3 razors - not particularly cheap but best razor I've used and blades seem to last ages. Much better than razors marketed for women

Roshbegosh Sat 03-Aug-13 12:34:24

jamster you shave your legs with conditioner?

Missbopeep Sat 03-Aug-13 12:46:15

Neutrogena body lotion- often on offer @ £4.99 for 400 mls.

newestbridearound Sat 03-Aug-13 12:58:00

Collection (previously collection 2000) concealer

MUA and Sleek palettes- both really good pigmentation and quality for such cheap items

Carmex lipbalm

Barry M nail polish

Vaseline

jamster66 Sat 03-Aug-13 13:34:57

Yup. Try it - it's loads better than shaving foam etc. Leaves your legs lovely and softsmile

jamster66 Sat 03-Aug-13 13:39:14

Oh and it's hair conditioner not fabric conditioner!! Even I'm not that peculiar....

Roshbegosh Sat 03-Aug-13 13:47:57

Thanks for the tip. Will definitely try it now x

ArtexMonkey Sat 03-Aug-13 13:52:31

'Hand relief' hur hur hur grin

My best red lippy is a collection 2000 one called queen of hearts, perfect shade and does not budge.

Coconut oil on hair and body.

Oil cleansing method.

Microfibre dusters used to exfoliate.

Bicarbonate of soda/apple cider vinegar on hair

Yy to dr bronner and his liquid soap, even though the religious ramblings on the bottle are a bit like something a serial killer might scrawl on his cell wall. I mix dr bronners with coconut milk, it makes a nice low poo shampoo.

I make deodorant out of coconut oil, arrowroot powder, bicarb and tea tree oil, it's great, been using it since April and I don't smell.

squoosh Sat 03-Aug-13 14:50:29

I always use hair conditioner to shave my legs too, gives a lovely close shave.

TallulahBetty Sat 03-Aug-13 16:39:05

Anything by MUA at Superdrug. Especially their eyeshadow pallettes and lipsticks (just £4 and £1 respectively).

littlemisswise Sat 03-Aug-13 16:42:44

I like the Bodyshop BB cream. It's listed at £12.00 but there's always a code lurking about, so the most I've paid is £6 with free delivery. It's fab.

Gliss products for hair are fantastic and so cheap, nothing more than £2.99.

The leave in spray conditioner is fabulous, better than any £10+ product I've ever used.

GetStuffezd Sat 03-Aug-13 16:49:35

I second Angels on Bare Skin from Lush. I think a pot was £7 or so but it lasted me over a year and was brilliant for my skin.

Also, there's some facial wipes you can get from Savers in a blue and white packet, less than a quid I think, but they smell like Calvin Klein and are really refreshing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now