MN Vogue Vol 6

(1000 Posts)
noviceoftheday Tue 05-Mar-13 11:21:06

All are welcome to chat style and beauty on this thread!

foxysocks Wed 20-Mar-13 10:49:12

I am def in London 25-30th Aug for yoga.

can someone link the outnet peacoat? I missed it and want to see!

winefairy Wed 20-Mar-13 10:52:44
foxysocks Wed 20-Mar-13 10:53:57

that is gorgeous. did you send it back wine? what happened? (sorry must have missed some of the thread)

MarshaBrady Wed 20-Mar-13 11:01:48

Ah Wine we'll have to time share it what size are you.

winefairy Wed 20-Mar-13 11:03:22

I dithered. It had been in stock all day and the minute I left to pop across the road for the school run it sold out completely! I was gone for around two minutes.

I had outfits planned around it and everything!

<wails>

shopafrolic Wed 20-Mar-13 11:06:28

Great answers wine and wow to the SJP locket!
I have dry cleaned the MNV sweater as I'm too scared to hand wash. He removed the bobbles for me! I thought those electric ones were too fierce for cashmere but if not then that's good news. Marsha when you say roll in a towel is that rather than hanging? I am a complete novice as this is only one of three cashmere items I own.
I am a little improved on the style stakes today wearing my 7FAM fake boyfriends, tan Hudsons, and A&W grey sweatshirt but still can't be bothered with make up so am smothering face in moisturiser in the hope that once this bug has disappeared I'll have the skin of a twenty year old!

shopafrolic Wed 20-Mar-13 11:07:18

Oh and YY to an end of August meet too (assuming we all like each other when we meet in May!) grin

winefairy Wed 20-Mar-13 11:07:49

I'm hoping if I bang on about it enough someone will relent and give me theirs grin

Either a 10 or a 12, Marsha. A busty 10 with wide shoulders.

Maybe it will be one of those happy threads when Gryphon come on and offer me a free peacoat. And we all make 'Classics' delusional

foxysocks Wed 20-Mar-13 11:10:25

noooo the french sole leopard print shoes have arrived and are horrific, NOT in excellent condition at all and clearly worn more than once as stated. have requested a full refund, hope they comply. gutted.

I've got that pineapple scarf MrsR, DH got if for me last Valentine's.

I need to insure my wardrobe. It would be £££££ to replace. I also need to insure my engagement ring and my iPhone (not good at insurance).

Hmmm, regrets. I don't really have any. If I dithered, I didn't like it enough anyway. Plenty of regrets over things I have bought, natch.

MarshaBrady Wed 20-Mar-13 11:14:21

Lol Wine. I'm still waiting for someone to offer clothes for all the links. I see Wendy got a free Burberry trench from my-wardrobe the other day.

I had to get an xs, as the only one there, I'm not too fussed about lifting my arms.

shopafrolic Wed 20-Mar-13 11:15:44

Oh what a shame foxy
Amber it's a two minute call to your insurance company. PLEASE do it. Having lost everything in that house fire, and then a significant amount of possessions in a burglary I can't stress the importance. Sorry to bang on but please please please do.
And can everyone check their smoke detectors too?
Thanks - ends lecture.

MarshaBrady Wed 20-Mar-13 11:17:00

Shop so get rid of most of water then roll in towel and leave for a minute. Then dry flat on a new towel. We used to go mad for it at boarding school. Tis a bit of a pita but only for the jumpers I love the most.

Oh no Foxy sad. Grr for you!

winefairy Wed 20-Mar-13 11:17:05

While I'm here, fans of skinny jeans.....TK Maxx have these for £39.99 online here. I ordered and love them but I'm slightly struggling to get them on which I'm guessing isn't a good sign! grin

I ordered my usual 28 and I think they run TTS(ish) but are too skinny a fit for my legs. An 'it's not them, it's me' kinda thing! Gorgeous though. Better than the photos.

I'm tempted to keep them. That's not really wise, is it?!

MarshaBrady Wed 20-Mar-13 11:18:17

Oh no Shop you poor thing, sorry you had a house fire and lost everything. I think all my stuff is insured under house and contents.

MarshaBrady Wed 20-Mar-13 11:19:15

They are lovely Wine.

winefairy Wed 20-Mar-13 11:19:45

sad foxy

shopafrolic Wed 20-Mar-13 11:21:28

Oh no worries now Marsha it was years ago so I didn't have too much to lose. Nowadays it would be a different story! Thanks for the washing / drying tip. Will do that next time as I can't afford to dry clean it every time and I think the colour has slightly faded......

shopafrolic Wed 20-Mar-13 11:22:42

Atterley Road mid season sale has started.......

MarshaBrady Wed 20-Mar-13 11:36:43

Thanks Shop! Just ordered these ballet flats to tide me over til I can get the other ones.

For £25 and free delivery worth a try!

shopafrolic Wed 20-Mar-13 11:37:28
MarshaBrady Wed 20-Mar-13 11:38:45

Oh that's nice.

carrie74 Wed 20-Mar-13 11:44:43

Ooh, Charli jacket reduced...http://www.atterleyroad.com/cara-boucle-knit-biker-jacket-3.html

I shall stick with my Next biker. [sob]

winefairy Wed 20-Mar-13 12:04:18

Thanks shop

I ordered two of the batwing style version of my new silk front Jigsaw top.

Yes, two of the same thing which is something I sometimes do if I love an item. Plus realised I had never actually registered with Atterley Rd (always checked out as guest) so used my £20 off voucher. If it's not honoured I will be keeping only one of the tops.

winefairy Wed 20-Mar-13 12:05:06

Marsha Love the ballet flats and a great price!

This thread is not accepting new messages.