Time for a new bra thread

(1000 Posts)
SorrelForbes Thu 21-Feb-13 14:36:31

I am officially a mad bra lady. I staged an intervention today in M&S in an attempt to stop a young lady buying a 36B. She was with her mum who told me her daughter was a size 12 and that's why they'd picked up a 36. I advised her to try a 30! I am now feeling a mixture of shame and pride.

They were like this shock confused

Moulded are great under tight tops etc, where you want the bra to be as subtle as possible. No seams, no visible nips etc. Padded still block nips, and do make you look bigger, but are softer than moulded and contour a bit better.

How about:
wonderbra moulded t shirt bra
freya padded
Freya Deco Honey, there are lots of versions of this. It's big in cup so maybe size down one
Bravissimo Satine
Curvy Kate. This is the same shape as their tease me. Size up in cup

ComeAlongPond Thu 21-Feb-13 20:02:55

Joining this thread as the other one is full shock

Thank you for the explanation of wide/close set boobs on the old thread thanks I put a couple of bras on hold in Debenhams today after I spent so long searching for my size that I didn't have time to try them on, then I was so upset after a disastrous hairdressing appointment that I couldn't face bra disappointment too so just went home - will have another go at the weekend!

ClairesTravellingCircus Thu 21-Feb-13 20:04:52

Aaah I was wondering if you'd started a new thread! gringrin
Got delivery of my new bras today, I have questions for the experts, but I'm making dinner now... I will be back!

AnyFucker Thu 21-Feb-13 20:12:49

I don't do moulded bras

the "moulds" are never remotely anything like the shape of my actual boobs so they look terrible

I need padding, and uplifting, and scaffolding

moulding ain't for me

AnyFucker Thu 21-Feb-13 20:14:00

Do you know what ?

MNHQ are missing a trick to not have targeted bra advertising on this thread smile

AgathaF Thu 21-Feb-13 20:27:26

AF - if you like uplift etc, this is fabulous here. It is small in the cups though, so you need to go up at least a size, if not two. I bought one but it does give me a bit of quad boob.

PickledLily Thu 21-Feb-13 20:29:39

Ooh, just seen this thread. Are you up for a challenge? Can anyone find me a pretty nursing bra in a 32B?

<sticks out chest in attempt to make them look bigger>

AnyFucker Thu 21-Feb-13 20:31:02

woah, Agatha smile

great price, but a bit "plungey" for me, I think

my floppy boobs would simply fall out the middle of that

SorrelForbes Thu 21-Feb-13 20:39:07

I can recommend the Cleo Juna as a good lightly padded balconette

JeffFaFa Thu 21-Feb-13 20:42:11

I had just ordered a cleo juna from very smile

AnyFucker Thu 21-Feb-13 20:43:19

sorrel, have been on Brastop and Amazon looking to buy a Juna this evening

bargains to be had, but not in my size sad

am not prepared to pay full price, unless I have to

AnyFucker Thu 21-Feb-13 20:43:50

how much on very ?

Naoko Thu 21-Feb-13 20:46:53

Excellent, so 'lightly padded' is the phrase I'm looking for in online descriptions. Thanks very much! smile I like the Cleo Juna, that looks like it might suit me as a shape. I don't do well with plunge styles, I don't think my boobs are the right style for those.

SorrelForbes Thu 21-Feb-13 20:47:31

Just bought one for £23 on ASOS

AnyFucker Thu 21-Feb-13 20:49:37

under 20 quid is my limit < cheap skate >

Just how tight should the back feel? I've got a 36 on and it's fairly new, hasn't been washed much but I can definitely pull it away from my back more than an inch. As stated in the thread i started, I measured myself as 36 1/2 under and 42 on the fullest part. Surely a 36 should be the right size?

Just measured myself. 35 over bust and 33 round back. So I take it my 36b is wrong then?!

AnyFucker Thu 21-Feb-13 20:53:37

dear god, that first link is not selling that bra shock

JeffFaFa Thu 21-Feb-13 20:54:44

very is £22 theres a 15% off code too 37p7j

SteppingOnLego Thu 21-Feb-13 20:56:35

I totally agree about becoming evangelical! Was on the small boobs thread a while back and found my right size 32E thanks to the bra gurus on here. Since then I have nagged my sister (tiny size 8 and walking around in a 34B!) to get measured.

Well this weekend she did and turned out in fact to be a 30DD. Thanks again on her behalf. Now just have to work on my mum (also tiny) who wears a 36A of all things.

AnyFucker Thu 21-Feb-13 20:57:05

second link....my PayPal is on fire grin

AnyFucker Thu 21-Feb-13 20:58:33

fairydogmother, I reckon you should try a 32C or 32D

Naoko Thu 21-Feb-13 21:01:21

I need to work on my mother too. When I told her I'd realised I was wearing the wrong bra size and I should have been in 30G she was shock. I don't know what she's wearing but I think it's something like a 36DD, which is a load of nonsense - she's larger than I am, true, but she also is very, very large in the chest department so I'll buy the 36 but not the DD. Might take me a while though, she's been buying the same bra for 30 years.... I think I might have to pretend to go bra shopping next time she visits and say 'oh, why don't you get measured while you're here mum, you never know....'

This thread is not accepting new messages.