MN Vogue Vol. 5

(1000 Posts)
shopafrolic Fri 15-Feb-13 13:32:10

A continuation of style and beauty chat. All welcome.

And on the tee front, I am loving my Helmut one. Expensive but gorgeous, and washing well so far!

foxysocks Fri 01-Mar-13 20:06:04

shop that is some GREAT shopping! I can see how you got your name wink

thanks marsha - and amber for the blog! - that wang muscle tee looks RIGHT up my street. <runs off to check shopbop>

what are these cream jeans of which you all speak? NOT that I am in the market for anymore jeans until June, at least!

foxysocks Fri 01-Mar-13 20:07:15

is the helmut from shopbop, amber? how long is it on you, and how tall are you?

noviceoftheday Fri 01-Mar-13 20:10:42

Ah that doesn't bode well Amber, so far has recommended stuff that's very me. Just caught up on your blog. It's great.

Ooh Grumpy I got the last 27!!! Can't wait until they arrive. Have you tried J Brand before? Am excited and off to celebrate with [ wine] with my neighbour...we are comparing recent purchases as DHs are away! Fashion and wine my 2 fav things in the world (apart from my 2 dcs that is!!)

shopafrolic Fri 01-Mar-13 20:32:48

Foxy my cream jeans bargain
There was a manic night of ordering before everything sold out (think it was Tues or Weds night.......)

Helmut is hip length on me (5ft4). It did come from Shopbop , managed to blag mine in the sale, which meant it was about £50 in total. Don't think they are significantly cheaper than here normally.

Wang muscle tees are also excellent, very slouchy and lovely, and I've been really please with my couple of James Perse ones too.

J Brand are v good drywhite, I have 8 pairs so I know what I'm talking about! Second only to Goldsign in the Amber hierarchy of jeans.

foxysocks Fri 01-Mar-13 21:20:06

thanks amber that's really helpful. will ponder.

8pairs!*Amber*<swoon....staggers due to wine intake> what's the sizing like?

amber I meant

shopafrolic Sat 02-Mar-13 07:07:16

I'm one size smaller in J Brands than my other jeans. They're very stretchy.

Annianni Sat 02-Mar-13 08:10:06

I've found J Brands to be smaller fitting than Hudson or Goldsign.
I don't own any though yet

And I tried a pair of 7's this week in a 32 that barely went up my thighs.
But the roxannes I tried in Tkmaxx were a size 30.

So the sizing is bonkers imo and it all depends on the cut of that particular style.

shopafrolic Sat 02-Mar-13 09:10:09

Agreed Anni my jeans collection ranges from a 30 to 32 depending on style and brand! Funnily enough I seem to wear the 30s more often! Vanity?

Totally depends on the style. I have 4 different sizes that all fit me. For example the 910s are a size up from my normal size, as they don't have any stretch, and I wanted a slightly boyfriendy fit. My Earharts on the other hand are 2 sizes down. 811s I have. 3 different sizes in that style (wtf?). So sizing a bit erratic I'd say!

Annianni Sat 02-Mar-13 10:13:42

Vanity sizing is great sometimes.
It can be scary reading the product measurements on the outnet though.

I'm wearing a pair of Gap boyfriend jeans that are a size 12. I haven't been a size 12 since before ds1 was born and he's just turned 9.

noviceoftheday Sat 02-Mar-13 12:06:08

This months credit card bill arrived yesterday. £10k. shock Dh still speechless. Think I will be shopping on the high street this month!

On vanity sizing, when I was in the US, I noticed that they had taken vanity sizing to a new level. I am a 6 or 8 in the UK depending on brand, and I used to be a 2 in the US. I am now size zero therehmm.

MarshaBrady Sat 02-Mar-13 13:09:46

Novice! You've made me feel better about splurging £80 on an Aveda haircut. Feel so much better, had been ages.

I suppose as the general size of population gets bigger the sizes get bigger to keep up.

Annianni Sat 02-Mar-13 13:37:54

Blimey Novice I am glad I don't have credit cards anymore grin

If anyone is looking for some bargainous coloured skinnys...

Take a look here...

The teal ones have just arrived, lovely holdy in fabric. They remindme of James twiggy's. They are small sizing though, for Hudson.
I'm normally a 31 but i've ordered the navy and green in 32's to try.

I think there's navy, green, teal, wine, brown and a purple colour for £50 - £60

carrie74 Sat 02-Mar-13 13:49:38

So the Hudson boots have arrived (http://www.hudsonshoes.com/mirar-black.html), and they're gorgeous, and I think I can get away with them for work and play, hurray!

Eldest is a bit feverish today and just slumped on the sofa watching Jake and the Neverland Pirates reruns, so I've had a chance to go through my wardrobe and have listed loads of stuff on eBay. Including my (not v old) Ash Jalouses. I really, really liked them, but something about them didn't sit right with me, maybe the sizing wasn't quite right, and I couldn't get them to look right with trousers. Plus if I wore them for too long, my arches really started to ache? So actually, I think cutting them out and replacing with the Hudsons is the right thing to do. [wibble]

novice eek! Leetle scary!

Anni, I've just dumped my Primarni coloured jeans, so your post comes at quite an opportune moment, but I'm definitely (trying) to hold off until we go to the US now.

novice hee hee ....all on clothes? Your DH may need several wine

noviceoftheday Sat 02-Mar-13 14:03:27

<Grasps straws> in my defence...not all of it was mine!

shopafrolic Sat 02-Mar-13 14:04:52

Great news Carrie so pleased you love the Hudsons!! I'm wearing my tan ones today! My favourite boots!

shopafrolic Sat 02-Mar-13 14:05:47

Have just passed out a novice's credit card bill!

libertychick Sat 02-Mar-13 15:38:37

grin at Novice's credit card bill. Does it include the US shopping spree? wink.
Both pairs of Topshop shoes returned this morning. Reconciling my credit card bill is turning into a second job with all the returns. Have ordered these instead and taken advantage of the Whistles 25% off code.

Anni interesting that you didn't get on with the MIH paris - all the buying on here has tempted me but I am <ahem> blessed (?) with ample thighs so maybe not the best option especially in white!

This thread is not accepting new messages.