A Crepey is not just for Christmas...

(1000 Posts)
oldqueencrepey Wed 30-Jan-13 08:43:47

It had to be done.
Phew that feels better.
Over here crepeys. All very welcome (but only if you're crepey).

herbaceous Wed 30-Jan-13 17:09:03

Ruby - I saw a woman yesterday with a chunky chin-length bob, dyed platinum, with grey bits in. She looked amazing, and I think you could carry it off too!

Re turkey wattle, it's the most depressing aspect of hag-hood, I find. Mine is doubly depressing as it only appears when I'm holding in my double chin. What a choice. I was seriously considering plastic surgery this morning, as if my jowls follow their current trajectory, I'll be tucking them into my bra by the time I'm 50.

ScaredySquirrel Wed 30-Jan-13 17:15:01

yes my turkey chin/neck has only arrived as I've lost weight. It's hard to choose between the 2 really - turkey or double chin?! (I appreciate I'm really selling myself on this thread so far - a turkey necked, huge bazoombered Bent look alike).

CointreauVersial Wed 30-Jan-13 17:24:00

So here you are. Hello new crepeys!

Were we being discussed somewhere?? In complimentary tones, I hope.

Ruby, you have fabulous hair, although I imagine it would look just as good shorter. How grey would you be if you left it to nature? I don't worry too much about the grey bits, but they are mainly on the top/back of my hair, so I never see them. <sticks head in sand>

oldqueencrepey Wed 30-Jan-13 17:34:59

you'll fit right in with that look scaredy.

CointreauVersial Wed 30-Jan-13 18:10:30

grin grin Just spotted the "what is a crepey" thread.

Hilarious mass influx of crepeys, to the total bewilderment of everyone else on the thread.

Stropperella Wed 30-Jan-13 18:29:25

Had a funny RL mirrors MN moment today. Convo at school gate went thusly:

me: "Oooh, did you lot know that M&S do pnb ice cream? And toffee popcorn ice cream? And it's on offer at the moment."

Drinking chums 1&2: "Yum. On offer? Must go shopping now."

Drinking chum 3: "Noooo, do not mention such things. I am on my fast day."

((And yes, I realise I probably should get out more if I am this excited about ice cream)) grin

oldqueencrepey Wed 30-Jan-13 19:35:35

am thrilled to have spread the joy that is pb icecream.... food of the god(esse)s. "Is there a link between my love of icecream and my likeness to bent?" Shall start a thread in chat.

Blackduck Wed 30-Jan-13 20:00:07

Stropps smile smile that s sooo funny...
My boss (a bloke) and I are doing the fast thing and i said we needed to ensure we didn't coincide (one of us needs not to be grumpy) 'I'm never grumpy' he snapped 'fast day?' I smiled sweetly smile well the git gets 100 more calories than I do!!
Which reminds me, best gird my loins for tomorrow......

herbaceous Wed 30-Jan-13 20:28:12

Hey BD! Me too. I'm thinking of toughing it out until dinner. I hated going to bed so hungry on Monday, and lots of the benefits seem to come from having as long as poss without food. So I'm already wondering what a 500 cal dinner might look like!

Blackduck Wed 30-Jan-13 20:35:14

Hi Herbs, I couldn't do that! I will have small lunch and small dinner -salad here I come! I find eating with chopsticks helps - slows me down smile and I drink white tea (no milk needed) so don't have to worry about that. I have found I am more conscious of not eating for the sake of eating which is a good thing.
No idea if I have lost any weight though.. (I dont weigh myself, tend to go on fit of clothes instead...)

MrsSchadenfreude Wed 30-Jan-13 21:34:20

Must check freezers in M & S at Levallois for PNB ice cream.

The only thing to be done with a turkey wattle is to put on weight so that it fills out and becomes a double chin. Neither appealling, I know.

Happy Birthday Strops, and welcome new Hags!

Blackduck Wed 30-Jan-13 21:37:11

MrsS any news on job?

Happy Birthday Stropps!!

MrsSchadenfreude Wed 30-Jan-13 21:47:34

No news. Must book train and hotel for next interview.

Blackduck Wed 30-Jan-13 21:59:04

That's rubbish - did they say it would take so long!!

Redfox Wed 30-Jan-13 22:06:51

I am de-lurking to say hello/join as I have been following this tread for ages and I mean ages.

I am 45 with a nearly 11 yr ds and I am in denial about any double chin as my weight as always been fairly constant, however my face these days is a constant shade of grey, no matter what light reflector shite I put on it!

I am just having a beer and then off to hoist DS out of my bed before i get in it, as for some reason he was tossing & turning in his own bed but fell asleep immediately when he got into mine.

I enjoy all your posts, you come across all so witty & interesting, hope I don't let the side down!

MrsSchadenfreude Wed 30-Jan-13 22:51:36

<clasps Redfox to her sagging bosom>

Welcome Redfox!

And Happy Birthday Strops, my Almost Twin.

<kisses in non-lesbetarian fashion>

MrsSchadenfreude Wed 30-Jan-13 22:52:29

Blackduck - I expect they are compiling feedback on just how crap I was...

CointreauVersial Wed 30-Jan-13 23:33:11

Happy Birthday, Strops!

By the way, while you are in M&S loading your trolleys with PB ice cream make sure you pick up a jar of Salted Caramel Sauce. It's in the grocery section.

Honestly, it's To Die For. <hides spoon behind back>

CointreauVersial Wed 30-Jan-13 23:33:56

And hellooooo Redfox!

Blackduck Thu 31-Jan-13 05:57:40

Hello Redfox!
MrsS don't believe that - I reckon every time that guy comes to write up his notes he cracks up laughing at your intended humour again, forgets what he is doing and goes off to have a beer and tell his mates smile

Okay Herbs and I would kindly request that you stop all talk of Peanut Butter ice cream and salted caramel sauce until this time tomorrow - we thank you.

ScaredySquirrel Thu 31-Jan-13 06:53:31

can I say a proper hello too? I didn't see the other thread, but have also lurked from time to time. I remember some of you from years back I think when I was someone else.

I'm 42 and want to embrace my crepeyness, albeit while wearing a stylishly tied scarf!

I'm also fasting today - after failing miserably on any other day this week (why did I decide to make flapjacks yesterday?).

Blackduck Thu 31-Jan-13 07:14:24

Scarcedy - you think you we're someone else?! smile Definitely a crepey signal! Who were you?
Oh hello by the way! And happy fasting.

Blackduck Thu 31-Jan-13 07:21:24

Ahh that post went to pot - damn phone!

herbaceous Thu 31-Jan-13 07:41:52

Gah. Hungry already. Must be the vast dinner I had lady night in preparation for today's deprivation!

Welcome our new woodland creatures - fox and squirrel. I shall endeavour to maintain standards of wit and repartee. <we didn't mean you, herbs, they chorus>

beachyhead Thu 31-Jan-13 07:55:06

Hello newbies and happy birthday Stropps.

Luckily I am not tempted by PNB ice cream, in fact I could do a PNB ice cream day and eat less than 500 calories.

Ruby, you could always confuse your hair by having some blonder highlights, so the grey is just an extreme highlight against the subtle shades of the ones put in by the hairdresser....

My dd1 has just had her hair cut short. She's only 15 and I swear there isn't another girl at her school with less than four foot hair. She's creating her own style at the moment and its going really well - I'm proud of her.

It's raining like its never rained before here (which clearly it has!)

This thread is not accepting new messages.