A Crepey is not just for Christmas...

(1000 Posts)
oldqueencrepey Wed 30-Jan-13 08:43:47

It had to be done.
Phew that feels better.
Over here crepeys. All very welcome (but only if you're crepey).

beachyhead Wed 30-Jan-13 08:45:49

Morning, reporting for duty....

bigTillyMint Wed 30-Jan-13 08:49:51

Yes, I think it's better if our moment of fame is over nowsmile

BTW, does anyone have any crepe dresses? I used to have a beautiful fitted navy one. When I was young and slim and not at all crepey!

Blackduck Wed 30-Jan-13 08:55:53

Ahh, that's better, that was getting all a bit too detailed over there......

Can I part own thread title with MrsS? smile

rubyrubyruby Wed 30-Jan-13 09:20:26

Is it safe to come in?

herbaceous Wed 30-Jan-13 09:59:51

Ooh dear. Now I'm worrying whether we've become one of those scary quiches. We haven't, have we?

Diet news: lost two pounds since Monday! On the other hand, totallement shagged today. Not sure if its anything to do with fasting on Monday, or not.

Off swimming with ds soon. How exhausting. But then lunch in a Harvester! I bloody love Harvester.

Stropperella Wed 30-Jan-13 10:21:29

Morning all. Have purchased the el cheapo Uniqlo strides. I am slightly afraid they will turn out to have no arse in them. Or have some other equally hideous defect. £4.90.. Or perhaps they are only suitable for people with legs like cocktail sticks (most likely).

Anyhow, I shall be thinking particularly of OQ tonight as I have just raided the freezers at my local M&S and shall be having peanut butter ice cream for my b-day supper pudding. B-day is actually tomorrow, but I am having my special nosh and fizz tonight as Thursday is circuits night and I am compulsively dedicated to doing situps, punching things and sweating buckets on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. All so that I can eat smugly eat PNB ice cream. With brownies. grin

Stropperella Wed 30-Jan-13 10:41:39

<smacks self lightly for "the + el">

Have now got to stop procrastinating and do some work that I am not enjoying very much. Mustn't grumble. Boring work better than no work, obvs.

bigTillyMint Wed 30-Jan-13 10:50:50

"legs like cocktail sticks" grin

Another reason to celebrate next Fri!

Herbs, that would be my problem too - zero energy when I don't eat. Only OK if I am lying in the sun all day doing nothing. But then that is usually in an AI hotelgrin

oldqueencrepey Wed 30-Jan-13 10:56:33

I used to have a couple of beautiful wool crepe dresses for work, all fitted and everything. They made me look grown up. Now they would make me look hideous (apart from fact they wouldn't fit me). I do have rather nice black crepe trousers (ie crepe kept well away from my face to avoid odious comparisons, obvs.).

rubyrubyruby Wed 30-Jan-13 11:02:29

Herbs - I must be a complete scary weirdo as I am in 2 quiches hmm

bigTillyMint Wed 30-Jan-13 11:03:36

Yes OQ, exactly! I think I could get mine on one leggrin

bigTillyMint Wed 30-Jan-13 11:04:18

ruby, you are! grin

ScaredySquirrel Wed 30-Jan-13 11:08:31

Hello Crepeys can I ask you all something?

I am a crepey in denial I think, but it is becoming a bit difficult to ignore. I have noticed that I have a wrinkly/saggy bit under my chin shock. what do you do about this - exercises? Creams? Polo necks?

Thanks all!

bigTillyMint Wed 30-Jan-13 11:13:17

I love polo neckssmile Scarves are also much beloved of crepeys! But neither hide that turkey wobbler - no idea what you can do about that!

oldqueencrepey Wed 30-Jan-13 11:14:26

Is the skin a bit.... crepey... secretsquirrell? Then welcome!
You could try all of your excellent suggestions... or you could decide to embrace your crepiness / ignore your crepiness / or feel your crepiness and do it anyway.
I have no answers, unfortunately, but do wear a lot of scarves.

oldqueencrepey Wed 30-Jan-13 11:14:58

Spooky BTM. wrote that last post before reading yours!

bigTillyMint Wed 30-Jan-13 11:15:47

grin Great crepes think alike!

Stropperella Wed 30-Jan-13 11:21:26

grin @ "Great crepes think alike"

(Yes, still procrastinating..)

Scarves, polo necks, balaclavas, bits of sellotape behind your ears. All worth a try. Although I am generally edging towards acceptance of crepeydom.

porridgeLover Wed 30-Jan-13 13:05:16

Is this a closed quiche or may I join.... from the other thread, I think I fit all of the criteria mentioned sad
At least I'm not dead grin

Scarves are my best (style) friends. Make-up 'settles' in certain areas. Sellotape behind the ears...dont think it would be strong enough to hold the volume of skin now sagging round my jowls.

I want the style of Hanne Holm.... do I have to ingest the same amounts of preservative wine?

bigTillyMint Wed 30-Jan-13 13:10:43

Hello porridgelover (me too!) is Hanne Holm the one in the bright top/scarf combo? I can't read Danish?!

ScaredySquirrel Wed 30-Jan-13 13:11:32

oh I want the style of Birgitte I think - I nearly bought a fitted shirt at the weekend, despite having humoungous breastfeeding bosoms - I suspect I am veering more towards being like Bent at the moment.

Ok scarves it is then - I'm not ready to embrace crepeyness just yet. In the meantime if there's any magic cream that will help, please let me know!

porridgeLover Wed 30-Jan-13 13:15:23

Yes HH is the lady with an assortment of brightly coloured scarves/tops. Lovely colour combination which she wears with aplomb...she has the white blond/grey hair and glasses.
I love Birgitte's style too...I am watching out for a nice chambray shirt inspired by her. But I dont do pencil skirts (too well endowed in the rear compartment).

I watch Borgen for the hair/clothes/interiors as well as the intrigue....would have missed it except for MN!

porridgeLover Wed 30-Jan-13 13:15:54

grin at channelling Bent as a style influence!

rubyrubyruby Wed 30-Jan-13 14:19:43

I'm debating the grey blonder look atm.

The grey is coming fast and my dark blonde hair is becoming too much if a faff to maintain. So Crepeys, especially those who have met me in RL, opinions please? I'm thinking shorter (shoulder length) and blonder to hide the grey. I can't do long and blonde at my age

Or have I gone mad? I feel this may have be a gradual process, not only for my own state of mind but just so it's not too drastic all at once.

This thread is not accepting new messages.