MN Vogue Vol. 4

(1000 Posts)
MarshaBrady Tue 29-Jan-13 20:05:41

For lots of nice stuff, links and so on.

OMG QueenCadbury, just looked at your fantasy wardrobe board - swoon!

Haves board is all mine drywhite. All accrued since last summer except a couple of the Mulberrys. I know, I'm a bad girl.

belsize77 Mon 04-Feb-13 22:34:00

Queenboo, my virtuals are these?

As the blog lady says they are cropped but I am only 5'2 so they are easily fully length on me. The website says that they are the same soft fabric as the Misfits though - I saw the Misfits in Selfridges and they looked lovely too but I would have needed about a foot taken off the bottom.

<faints>..... I might start one, am now up and running, didn't take long!!!

QueenBOObread Mon 04-Feb-13 22:51:54

Oooh I really am going to have to try them. More couch-to-5k for me though before I buy anything with a waistband!

I'm 5ft 1 so did have about a foot chopped off the Misfits, so they sound perfect in every way!

libertychick Mon 04-Feb-13 22:55:54

Lovely buys QueenBoobread. Carven skirt is gorgeous - I will start the hunt for bargain versions.

Amber - you are a bad girl but I am envy love it all!

Oh no, I meant summer 2011 when I had DD, still living in 2012!

Morning! 2 things have made me laugh before 8am...it's going to be a good day
1.snow ( I live up north)
2.i already have a follower on Pinterest !!! liberty you may be disappointed....I've only put 4 things on so far..........!

Annianni Tue 05-Feb-13 09:13:17

This is my pinterest, not much on it at the moment though.

noviceoftheday Tue 05-Feb-13 09:15:21

Morning all! Drywhite, I will follow you too. smile I am here though I only joined last week!

I have the Balenciaga this morning. It's beautiful. And perfect. So happy with it! Can't believe I was worried it was too big.

Annianni Tue 05-Feb-13 09:15:42

My 2nd Donna Ida order is due today so I will do my roving reporter bit again later.

I'm loving all the links and purchases.

Love those ballerinas Queenboo.

<sigh> at your Balenciaga Novice

I am enjoying looking at the work wardrobes - one of the few things I miss about my old job, dressing like a proper grown up grin

Annianni Tue 05-Feb-13 09:41:15

Me too Sleep I have no social life either at the moment, so I have to live vicariously through everyone on here grin

MarshaBrady Tue 05-Feb-13 10:36:20

I had a cancelled breakfast meeting so since we had talked so much to ds2 last night about going on the trains with daddy we did it anyway and had a nice breakfast (well they had croissants and I had the usual double espresso) near dh's work.

Ds2 clearly enjoyed the trains and buses more. Still I am out of skinnies and in Wolfords. Plus ecru Sandro mini, white buttoned shirt, Sonia Rykiel fine striped sweater and Lanvin wedges. Always love an excuse to bother with Wolford type outfit!

Novice you are making me want a Balenciaga. A large one. Trouble indeed.

Love these wardrobes will have a browse.

MarshaBrady Tue 05-Feb-13 10:37:24

QueenBoo love the APC breton and ballerina flats.

Am wearing the red Whistles Milla dress today with opaques, burgundy MK heels and a gold Mulberry fox head necklaces <waits to be shot by colour police>

I am currently wearing very sweaty kickboxing kit - I've not pinned it hmm but its an essential part of my wardrobe as if I didn't wear it regularly I wouldn't fit into anything else in there grin.

Marsha and * Amber* your oufits sound lovely and glam.

Annianni Tue 05-Feb-13 12:34:36

So it looks like i'll have to keep 3 pairs of the jeans altogether, because they are lovely.

The Hudson crop are super soft, and look great.

The baby bootcut are much better in the smaller size, so definite keepers.

Now, if I ever have to dress up as Olivia NJ circa the Grease years, then I will definitely order some high rise like these Goldsign. They looked ridiculous on me grin

I've just ordered these Just Ballerinas to try in this colour and brown. I'm not sure if I like them, or if it's just because they are so cheap.

I'm undecided on these ones. I like the new colours in Shop at Anna. But didn't know if these might be a little pop of colour for Spring, or just ugly!?

sleep when I returned to work (not my original line of work though) after a break with my kids (now teenagers!!) I was so excited to wear "proper" clothes, imagine my dismay when I arrived to be given the logo'd polo top and matching fleece!!!! How my friends laughed, it nearly killed me........you may assume from my presence on S and B that a fleece and matching polo are not items I would choose to wear!!!!!i have a new job now.......my own lovely clothes!grin but it takes a lot longer to get dressed in the morning!

Bless you all for following my Pinterest. I must say that I'm a high st woman at heart with the occasional splurge on accessories. I look to you for inspiration. I'm also fairly conservative. Might have fun tonight creating a fantasy board ( or I might just copy amber's !!!!!!!wink)

MarshaBrady Tue 05-Feb-13 14:03:09

Great shopping Anni! Great discount on on the just ballerinas, worth a look I say.

Not sure on the more colourful pumps. Could be one colour too many.

Sleep thanks! Quite like the sound of a kick boxing outfit.

shopafrolic Tue 05-Feb-13 14:03:42

Wish I was having the same luck with jeans Anni!
I tried these today
www.net-a-porter.com/product/332845
I was so disappointed. They looked great, especially on the rear but they are soooo short I looked as though I was wearing pedal pushers! They stopped mid way between knee and ankle. Not a good look. I'm happy with cropped but this was ridiculous. So my question is does anyone know of anything similar for a taller lady?

MarshaBrady Tue 05-Feb-13 14:04:06

I know I was thinking of doing a one day... board too drywhite.

Gosh anni have just seen those ballerinas....what a great bargain. V tempting indeed!

shopafrolic Tue 05-Feb-13 14:05:48
MarshaBrady Tue 05-Feb-13 14:07:04

Not sure Shop, are they similar to the houlihan, not that I have those, so not sure on length.

This thread is not accepting new messages.