What are the last three items of clothing you bought, and why?

(158 Posts)
maisiebabe Thu 11-Oct-12 13:24:23

I've bought a long sleeved black layering t shirt from H&M, a black and white Breton also from H&M and an animal print jumper from Whistles which is ---bet lynch i fear or really subtly sexy and stylish...--lying on my bed while I decide if I'll keep it. Bought them all because apart from the Breton ( of which I have about a dozen) I don't have anything like them.

What have you bought recently and why?

Lavenderhoney Sun 14-Oct-12 18:36:05

Black shorts from gap- sale
Silky top thing as I liked the colours from debenhams
Matching bra and knickers from debenhams and spanx. Am embracing curves with a little helpsmile

issimma Sun 14-Oct-12 15:51:27

Bearpaw boots because I hate being cold.
Primark huge, cheap knickers for c-section recovery.
2 h&m jumpers for dd because they were cute and £cheap!

BikeRunSki Sun 14-Oct-12 15:36:45

White Stuff dress for DD's first birthday part my and Naming next week.

Denim skirt from Wierd Fish, because I live in skirts and woolly tights in the winter, my old one was knackered and I'd searched everywhere for the right one.

Asolo walking shoes, because my old ones fell apart on holiday, and we are a very outdoorsy family.

MrsSJG Sun 14-Oct-12 15:27:06

Yesterday, all H&M

Maroon coloured tube skirt
Black and white jumper dress
Grey oversized jumper

Because I have put some weight on and no longer looking like a stick. I am embracing my curvesgrin

lljkk Sun 14-Oct-12 13:48:11

2 x PJ bottoms (Jan 2012)
1 pack knickers (April)
1 pair Sainsbury's jeans (April)

I only buy what I need.

maisiebabe Sun 14-Oct-12 13:31:13

whoop whoop, no longer a link virgin grin.
Did also buy tan stack heeled boots from asos but they seem to have sold out.
Now off to look at Celtic Sheepskin insoles for aforesaid boots. Should rename this thread 'what are you about to ...

maisiebabe Sun 14-Oct-12 13:27:45

oh dear. A rainy day, sleeping baby and aimless browse. Look what's fallen into my basket
these
and
these

Turquoiseblue Sun 14-Oct-12 09:41:08
xEmilyJx Sun 14-Oct-12 00:56:28

I am posting again as I went shopping yesterday!

1) Clarks Hamble Oaks in wine ♥

2) Fleece lined tights.

3) Some Pj's

CointreauVersial Sun 14-Oct-12 00:46:34

This sheer top from M&S, because I've been after a white/cream lacy top for ages.

This cardigan from M&S (pink mix), because it looks great with skinny jeans but will also do for work. I sized down to an 8, as it came up quite big.

And a lovely raspberry pink long angora jumper and scarf from TKMaxx. Because my gift voucher was burning a hole in my pocket.

Turquoiseblue Sat 13-Oct-12 22:54:54

Hmmmm

this cardi - it s actually lovely
Black boots by "sixty seven" they re yummy!
Black brocade trousers

Mmmmm green cord skirt and matching t shirt by Zara for my dd

Tw1nkle Sat 13-Oct-12 21:48:26

OMG - I honestly cannot remeber the last 3 items of clothing I bought - it's been so long!
I did buy a dress for a conference I had to go to - before that....I have no clue!

Popcornia Sat 13-Oct-12 21:35:56

A blue Boss trouser suit to bolster my corporate wardrobe.
A Marc Jacobs scarf to lift my neutral workwear.
A pair of burgundy patent LK Bennett courts for - yes - work, again.

RedTuesdayGreenWednesday Sat 13-Oct-12 21:33:14

My first time doing links and it worked!

I got all of them because I liked them. I didn't need any of them.

RedTuesdayGreenWednesday Sat 13-Oct-12 21:32:30
FlatCapAndAWhippet Sat 13-Oct-12 21:31:39

A second hand Mulberry Roxanne from e bay as its been on my wish list for 8 years and my lovely Dad gave me money for my birthday. I am literally beaming with joy.

A pair of purple jeans from Sainsburys.

A pair of slippers from Primark.

Millie1 Sat 13-Oct-12 21:26:44

Aigle Lomyland jacket to replace very old Berghaus waterproof. Love the Aigle!
Boden straight leg jeans because I needed new jeans.
Marie Jo bra just to have a new bra having not bought one for about 5 years hmm
And today, got these boots in HoF because I wanted ankle boots and they are really comfortable on!

permaquandry Sat 13-Oct-12 21:23:54

Patterned jeans - hm
Cream blouse - hm
Patterned jeans - whistles

My wardrobe is confused. I've spent the last 15 yrs buying higher-end high st classics that I could wear year after year but now getting bored of looking un-fashionable. Now want to be trendy but with a decent make, however, do not have the dosh to do both.

Ho hum, I may hibernate for the winter.....

becstargazeypie Sat 13-Oct-12 21:21:51

A lace and wool grey dress from Zara for work - needed something warm but smart for a business trip.

A cream lace top from Promod in France (while on said business trip) - so beautiful and only £15 or so...

Ten pairs of pants from fig leaves.com. Why? well, when I went to pay the delivery address they had for me was at a job I left six years ago... And that was the last time I treated myself to new pants blush.

ChablisLover Sat 13-Oct-12 21:12:01

Primark! Not primary

I've a mind to complain to apple!

ChablisLover Sat 13-Oct-12 21:11:21

I bought two Zara a like jackets from primary. One black with a blue and gold detail and pleather collar and the other cream. Bargains at £10 in the sale. Actually got the black for less as there was a pull in it so asked fr further discount and got it

Also a pair of rock port shoes for work. Having diffs with feet and hips at the mo and they are supposed to be comfortable. From amazon. Dh signed up for prime for Xmas and it is fab!

BellaVita Sat 13-Oct-12 21:04:52

Pair of black patent boots (to replace the ones I ripped the other day) from Moda in Pelle

A black cashmere sweater from M&S

A black (front), cream (back) sweater with zips half way up the sides from Mint Velvet

sansucre Sat 13-Oct-12 21:01:25

maisiebabe I'm a 6-8, so I wear a size 34 in COS or their extra small.
However, you need to try it all on as they have quite a few different fits in stuff. I find their really thick, chunky jumpers terribly boxy on me and don't work with breasts/a small waist. I have a hard time with their shirts too, but their finer gauge knitwear, sweatshirts and a few other bits are great.
They do great jumper dresses too, so it's really worth spending the time trying it all on as you'll soon know on sight if something will work or not.

BelaLug0si Sat 13-Oct-12 19:15:49

Just read - thanks for the MW unfortunately it won't let me use it, it's limited to certain subscribers sad was going to get Francis Leon jacket

Chewbecca Sat 13-Oct-12 11:18:13

Oooh, my dress has gone down well grin
Sizing is quite true, if anything a tiny bit generous, not skimpy.
I'm a shortie and it comes to the bottom of my calves which works for me.
Hope it makes you feel fab too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now