High Needs Baby Support Group (thread IV)

(961 Posts)

Yoohooo! Over here!

<Waves>

The last thread was filling up so I've started us a sparkling new one.

The original thread was to support those of us with babies fitting the following criteria:

1. Feeds frequently daytime
2. Feeds frequently nighttime
3. Needs to be constantly held
4. Wont sleep alone
5. Hates the car seat/pram
6. Short naps

Some of our babies have grown out of some of those now, but we're still here to support each other through the sleepless nights and noisy car journeys and to offer hugs, chocolate and wine to anyone who's struggling.

So if that list sounds familiar then come and join us as we delight in our active, inquisitive, curious and restless babies or toddlers!

ticklemyboobsofsteel Sun 11-Nov-12 07:52:34

Softly I'm sorry things are so tough for you lady. Good that you managed to speak with your DH and get a little space and time for yourself. I hope Monkey2 gave you a decent night.

I know right, shiny new car would be amazing... And it turns out that it would be cheaper for me to insure a new car than the one I've got confused Thing is, we're debt free at the moment while we save for a house and DH and I have worked really hard to get that way. And the idea of getting into thousands of pounds of debt that isn't mortgage related terrifies me! Ideally want the house sorted out first, but of course it depends on our current car. It's in bits in the garage at the moment courtesy of my brother. Never should have bought the bloody thing, nothing but trouble. Let that be a lesson, ladies - never buy a car to fit around the buggy you've got your heart set on...

On a positive note, my dad let me drive his Ford Kuga yesterday afternoon - I've always been adament that I couldn't drive a car that big, but it was really easy! Parking it will be another matter - but didn't get that far grin

Hope you all have a lovely restful Sunday.

hildebrandisgettinghappier Mon 12-Nov-12 09:50:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ticklemyboobsofsteel Mon 12-Nov-12 20:36:08

Hilde I love the C-Max. I would love to get the Grand C-Max, but realistically (a) we don't need that many seats (yet...!) and (b) it's another £100 or so more for me to insure than the B-Max, which I have sort of fallen for as well.

Good to hear your little man is sleeping better smile DS is sleeping better too, but he's teething again today and think he's picked up a cold from my friend's little boy, so he's struggling a bit this evening. To cap it all off, he managed to slip in the bath (he refuses to sit in the bath, he has to stand/cruise about) and bonked his head on the side. Sigh... All fast asleep now though!

Hope things are good with you all. So quiet here lately. How dare you all have lives... wink

hildebrandisgettinghappier Mon 12-Nov-12 20:52:29

I don't have a life, I just don't have much of an attention span atm! blush I've been struggling a bit this last week, and what with supporting my friend as well and my back going over the weekend I've been a bit out of it. Sorry, it won't happen again! grin

And now I've posted too soon... Bah. blush

Sorry to hear about the car tickle, but it's exciting getting a new one! I can understand your concerns about debt though, it's a tricky one

hilde how's life? How are the children doing now? Any progress from the FW?

Softly big hugs for you my lovely. smile

hildebrandisgettinghappier Mon 12-Nov-12 21:18:52

Oh your poor kids hilde that's so cruel of him. As if they don't have enough to cope with! angry Good news about the course then, and hopefully the SS involvement will help get things sorted a bit more.

hildebrandisgettinghappier Mon 12-Nov-12 22:04:02

ticklemyboobsofsteel Tue 13-Nov-12 09:04:21

<hugs> Hilde What a horrible thing to do. I love my dad very much, but when my mum left him, he used to come out with some amazing lines I guess to make my brother and I turn against her for 'breaking up the family' and leaving 'us'.

So, I have the dentist this morning sad It's the last session I need to get my teeth all 'up to standard' which is fab, but in the next hour or two I'll be having 3 fillings and a wisdom tooth extraction. Argh! After this, no more dentist till my next checkup in 6 months (with a bit of luck...!).

Sigh. Wish me luck...

How was the dentist tickle? <shudders>

DD announced earlier that she wanted to sort through her toys and books to see what she doesn't play with any more. She wanted to give some to DS and "give some to a shop for children who don't have many toys, so that they have something nice to play with". I was so proud I nearly burst! She sorted them into a box (I rescued a couple of items) and we took them to one of the charity shops in the village. She chose the Link Romania one because it had pictures of children in the window, and she wanted one of those children to have her stories. She very loudly told everyone in the shop that as well. grin

ticklemyboobsofsteel Tue 13-Nov-12 18:32:46

Dentist was alright thanks Joyful. Wasn't my usual one as he was 'ill' (he had called the week before asking if I could change my appointment as they were double booked... slightly suspicious to be honest) but she was alright. Had two fillings without any anaesthetic, then one with, and then an extraction. She kept telling me to relax (yeah, like I hadn't thought of relaxing...) and then going on and on about how deep the fillings were, and how I could end up having a route canal on two or three of them. I said to be honest, I know my teeth are a bit screwed up but as long as I'm numb I don't really care what you do...

Relieved it's all done for now though. Just got a check-up booked for May next year to look forward to now.

Bless your DD smile What a sweetie.

So I'm sat on the sofa with DS, who is so congested and snotty that the only way he can breathe is upright. It's like the bad old days before his CMPI diagnosis!

I hope you're all having a better night.

Softlysoftly Thu 15-Nov-12 20:41:34

Hi all sorry dumped then went radio silent! Been a rocky few days but think I'm getting to a brighter bit, I find it v frustrating that Monkey2 sleeps one night and not the next, it means your body can't even acclimatise to the deprivAtion.

Anyway bigger things, Hilde that's awful sad you sound like you are following the right path though, stay strong x

Joyful snot is the enemy!! Have you tried sitting in the bathroom with shower on full blast?

Truth dentist <<fear>> I can't even give you sweets to cheer you up!

It's my birthday next week so shall bake a virtual cake, have been trying (and mostly failing) to get monkey2 to settle for DH in preparation for my girls night out but now he has mysteriously said to postpone it as "you may be busy" confused

TitaniaP Fri 16-Nov-12 01:57:20

Hello <waves>. We've had a rough week here. DS is teething again and also has had a temp for the last 2 days. Sleep is a dim and distant memory.

We're off to a wedding tomorrow, would be fine but we've got a twin room and a travel cot. Could be interesting. I'm sure ill be rearranging the room at some point!

Sorry to hear of others woes and hope it get better for everyone soon.

Mitsouko Fri 16-Nov-12 09:26:26

Hi everyone <waves> sorry no time to catch up but just wanted to pop in say hello. Update, Babysuko is 8 months this week and for the last two evenings has slept for the record breaking time of 5 hours from 7-12. Woo-hoo, hope it lasts (probably not). Rest of the night still touch and go but at leas we've had a little improvement.

Hope everyone is coping alright today!

Mitsouko Fri 16-Nov-12 10:36:20

I'm the 666th post! Must have been from that deal with the Devil that I made to get Babysuko in her cot for 5 hours...

Hello all, sorry I haven't posted for a couple of days. We're all full of coughs, colds and snot here and I spent most of last night having a meltdown on the MH boards. confused blush

Softly I hope things have improved a little? Yes, we steam the children every night before bed like little broccoli florets grin

Titania sorry to hear about teething and poorliness - fingers crossed that the sleeping arrangements work out!

Mitsouko I don't suppose you still have the Devil's contact details do you...?

hildebrandisgettinghappier Mon 19-Nov-12 09:01:31

jan2013 Wed 21-Nov-12 09:12:08

hi everyone i hope youre all keeping well i am so glad this thread is still going ( well not glad that everyone is still struggling but you know what i mean hopefully) do miss this thread since those early days with dd but when she started moving and then dh moved out i haven't the same time online...

i am here in desperation. she isn't sleeping at night, she has had one illness after the other. today i am in tears, she has tonsilitis hasn't slept last night and i feel ive been run over. i don't know how to get through the day, i have noone really to help. im finding it hard not to be resentful towards dh since he tells me im her 'carer' and sees her when it suits him. his mum doesn't work and never helps. this would be all fine with me if she was an easy baby! my mum helps loads when she can but she works a lot and also is helping with my brothers baby. any tips for getting through the day? even now she is screaming cos im on the computer and trying to bash the keys. sorry for moaning...

joyfulpuddlejumper nice to see you, how are things going with you

TisILeclerc Wed 21-Nov-12 09:22:15

jan2013 Wed 21-Nov-12 10:54:49

oh gosh Tis your poor dcs and poor you too it is horrendus the pain they are in.
she is not eating or drinking a lot , ive been worried cos i can't get her drinking. and she won't eat anything except chocolate buttons (!) which i have been giving her for energy. she won't take any pain relief so im going to go and try a different brand and see if it helps... but i had been using both paracetamol and nurofen yesterday when she would take it

she started ABs yesterday -its the once a day kind, which is so helpful to me. the 4 a day penicillen made her throw up!

Hi jan, good to see you! Sorry you're having such a tough time, your H sounds like an inconsiderate pain in the arse. Have you tried a different brand of medicine? Neither of mine get on with calpol but they are ok with the Tesco own brand paracetamol, it's both colour-free and sugar-free. Where in the country are you? If you're anywhere near me (West Sussex coast) I'd be happy to help out.

LeClerc (awesome NC btw, I remember watching that as a kid!) how are you and the DCs? I hope you're recovered from the colds now? I hope you haven't had to NC because of the FW.

jan2013 Wed 21-Nov-12 15:06:03

thats so kind of u puddle, id love to meet u, unfortunately im in ireland smile its funny how they all taste so different (and quite lucky as u can keep trying different ones) will get the tesco one soon.

i do feel a bit better now ive had a few coffees in me and she had a good sleep which is unlike her

funny how lack of sleep affects ur perception of life..

TisILeclerc Wed 21-Nov-12 15:10:18

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now