Happy Skiing Thread Part 3!!

(24 Posts)
lovetoskimum Wed 22-Jun-16 14:45:55

Is it too early to start ??

Not through summer yet but cant stop thinking about March 17 !!!

Anyone else smile

RobertDaniels Thu 23-Jun-16 06:28:19

Wow amazing..Thank you for sharing post.

Skilover Thu 23-Jun-16 15:04:39

Not too early to start thinking about it at all! I am...smile

dontcallmethatyoucunt Thu 23-Jun-16 20:19:16

What kept you grin

In exactly 6 months I will be on snoooooooooooooow!

lovetoskimum Mon 27-Jun-16 11:46:04

Yay, glad people are joining in smile Nearly got all our spending money saved !!

Dont, lucky you, I have got 9 months !!!

anyone else want to join ?? smile

massistar Tue 12-Jul-16 10:38:15

I'm in!! Sitting here looking for skiwear bargains. Booked for Feb 2017 and going to book ladies long weekend as well. grin

lovetoskimum Tue 12-Jul-16 11:10:13

Hi Massistar, welcome back smile

Just need ski wear for daughter next year, as got new trousers for me this year !! Although i can still look smile

Hurry up summer hols and welcome to Ski season !!

PickleSarnie Thu 14-Jul-16 16:45:57

Hi, can I join please?

We've booked for Easter holidays. Am bit nervous of how late it is in the season though. Half term was proving bonkers expensive and my smallest is only going to be four and last year when we went he was constantly asking when he was going to the beach to build sandcastles. It's fair to say he didn't love it. So figure it being slightly less cold and dark should help him not hate it this year?

We're going to La Plagne Soleil. Hopefully snow-sure enough? Might get a tan is nothing else I suppose?!

lovetoskimum Tue 26-Jul-16 14:24:49

Welcome Pickle, love skiing that time of year, we always go March and yes always get a tan !!!

Any one else, been a bit quiet, lets get it going again smile

toocheekyforwords Mon 01-Aug-16 16:59:54

Can I join in too please! We go in Jan, I've literally just counted down the months on my hands until our hands and it's less than 6, now I'm getting excited!!!

dontcallmethatyoucunt Tue 02-Aug-16 21:12:51

Where to cheeky

.... 4 months and 3 weeks to go grin

Muchtoomuchtodo Wed 03-Aug-16 22:19:38

We're booked for PdS in January. Last year with our eldest DC in primary so probably end of an era.

I'm so much fitter than last year and still improving so I can't wait!

Haven't thought too much about kit yet, think we'll need at least one new pair of salopettes and a jacket, as well as socks and gloves for the DC.

dontcallmethatyoucunt Fri 19-Aug-16 22:09:23

Would it be wrong to wear my lovely salopettes and dream about skiing grin ?

Can I join? I'm on the verge of booking - got ferry/hotels all on hold - just waiting for DH to get confirmation today for holiday leave for Feb half term. We went last year for our first family ski holiday and loved it. Going back to same resort (Obereggen in The Dolomites).smile

dontcallmethatyoucunt Sun 28-Aug-16 21:39:25

Did you book islets?

OverAndAbove Mon 29-Aug-16 21:10:14

Booked 3 months ago for February 2017. I'm actually counting down!

I think we can manage on all the kit from last year but I'm always happy to learn from others if there is something I need to know...

dontcallmethatyoucunt Mon 29-Aug-16 21:53:29

I discovered I needed a Dakin rucksack with a hydration pack this year... helps to carry the kids skis and allows me not to carry a water bottle. Well, 'need' might be pushing it, but it's definitely a benefit grin

dontcallmethatyoucunt Mon 29-Aug-16 21:57:57

It's the Dakine Heli if you have a child who doesn't like carrying skis.

OverAndAbove Mon 29-Aug-16 22:09:42

Oh I love the look of those dontcallme I have a feeling my DH might "need" one for his birthday... grin

Yes I've booked!!!!! Got a great deal on ferry and our hotel too, but going to have to take the kids out of school one day early (going feb half term). Never done that before blush

dontcallmethatyoucunt Tue 30-Aug-16 20:51:07

You will have to sacrifice yourself Islets, for the cause grin

Over... oh yeah, he neeeeds one.

I just booked our girls weekend today. I am unable to express my excitement!

dontcallmethatyoucunt Wed 14-Sep-16 17:52:49

I'm getting ski chat withdrawal.... does nobody else obsess out there?!

... 98 days today and it's been a loooong summer.

lovetoskimum Wed 21-Sep-16 16:10:42

Dont, cant believe its that close, you lucky thing smile

Heres hoping for snow this winter to get us all in the mood !! smile

lovetoskimum Wed 21-Sep-16 16:12:02

Islets, one day wont make a difference, when you see you children having a ball on the slopes !!

Great family holiday, god I am obsessed !! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now