Can we be allowed to post 'oh do fuck off' in certain circumstances. Like when people post 'is that really all you have to worry about?'

(138 Posts)
Pagwatch Mon 11-Feb-13 10:51:41

Could we not have one each. Like a waiver.

Please.

catladycourtney1 Mon 11-Feb-13 11:30:50

I think the acronym idea is a good one. In fact I think "Odfod" should be a word in it's own right.

Hullygully Mon 11-Feb-13 11:30:54

I think there is a case to be made for ODFO not being a personal attack. Surely it is a suggestion/request/command?

Hullygully Mon 11-Feb-13 11:31:36

YY I feel that a new acronym is gestating nicely.

ODFOD

well done paggy

tinkletinklestar Mon 11-Feb-13 11:33:44

Currently having a oh do fuck off moment. ....

CartedOff Mon 11-Feb-13 11:34:00

I think people should be allowed them when the "Gosh well you're not agreeing with me and immediately taking my advice so I guess you didn't want to know anyone's opinion at all best of luck to you hmm" responses come along in AIBU.

It's so versatile. Can be said with Love, with Hate, with Sink Plunger On Head And Ruthless Determination To Take Over the Galaxy....

Pagwatch Mon 11-Feb-13 11:36:02

Yes. To the Manor Born. Thank you!

ODFOD works. The 'dear' is perfect.

FrankWippery Mon 11-Feb-13 11:43:22

It will give me enormous pleasure to sprinkle this about. Liberally in some cases.

I read that as 'literally', Frank. I had visions of you having some sort of confetti custom-made, like the sort annoying people put in Christmas cards.

Trills Mon 11-Feb-13 11:51:50

Shouldn't this be in Site Stuff?

<awaits "oh fuck off" as a reply>

FeckOffCup Mon 11-Feb-13 12:12:52

I always find it ironic that people bother to post "oh really OP do you have nothing better to do/worry about" when they clearly have nothing better to do themselves than whinge on other people's thread that it's not "important" enough for their liking. They deserve a hearty ODFOD grin.

Pagwatch Mon 11-Feb-13 12:14:20

Yes it should.
I always forget about site stuff for some reason.
Sorry Trills. Dear.

MERLYPUSS Mon 11-Feb-13 12:26:51

Could we not have a smiley that when you type [ODFOD] it magically appears? I have to say, I will write to the OED for Odfod to be listed though.

FrankWippery Mon 11-Feb-13 12:35:12

Arf Beer, now that would be a great idea!

AnyFucker Mon 11-Feb-13 12:38:43

I got deleted the other day for saying "why don't you piss off" (in response to a GF)

Seems perfectly reasonable to me confused

Pandemoniaa Mon 11-Feb-13 12:40:20

Like Goady Fucker, ODFOD should also have a smiley thing. Although in many circumstances, the two are not mutually exclusive.

FrankWippery Mon 11-Feb-13 12:41:45

I got deleted for saying 'you sound like' last week, so I'm guessing the rule books are being rewritten again.

SPsFanjoHasABlingingVajazzle Mon 11-Feb-13 12:44:28

ODFOD is great!

An allowance should be made. If you use acronyms then you should be able to say anything like FOYT

Or SBAC, YABAT, FODH,

You could say anything grin

Pandemoniaa Mon 11-Feb-13 12:48:29

I got deleted last week for suggesting someone was lacking in charm. I did not make this claim without clear evidence to back up my case but hey ho. Oh for an acronym that would slip under the net.

YouBrokeMySmoulder Mon 11-Feb-13 12:50:19

I would like a smiley for I Dont Give a Shiny Shit. Or IDGASS.

HerrenaHarridan Mon 11-Feb-13 13:01:59

Odfod... Fucking brilliant

I can't believe it actually made me lol I thought that was just an expression because ha ha ha sounds so sarcastic.

Tee2072 Mon 11-Feb-13 13:03:47

I just used ODFOD on a thread...

mrsjay Mon 11-Feb-13 13:06:54

I said it once and got my bottom smacked from mumsnet and post deleted, I just said oh do fuck off the post just required no other words grin

Pascha Mon 11-Feb-13 13:07:54

ODFOD. Yes. A smiling smiley with a head tilt would be the perfect emoticon to accompany it.

SPsFanjoHasABlingingVajazzle Mon 11-Feb-13 13:08:12

Tee I saw it. Shes asking what it means grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now