Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

A Poll.... about sex and female orgasms

(134 Posts)
chocolatepuff Sun 03-Mar-13 12:39:25

hi there

after a discussion with dp last night it transpires that approx 80% of his past lovers could orgasm during sex.

i immediately felt this was rubbish and that the majority must've been faking it.

nonetheless its left me feeling inadequate and a freak, and like im not doing something right... can you share your thoughts/experiences please?

disclaimer: i do orgasm, the conditions have to be just so. and dp has not put any pressure on me about this. i brought it up with him, he doesnt see it as an issue or think there is something wrong with me. thats just my thinking.

Dottiespots Tue 05-Mar-13 00:38:52

Personally a vaginal G spot or A spot (or both) orgasm is different to clitoral. It is very powerful . Hard to describe though. Amazing.! Wow.! Not helping much though with description am I. Certainly just as intense as clitoral but in a total body way. Definately and OMG moment.

badinage Tue 05-Mar-13 00:39:40

Heavens I didn't mean Workfare, Darkest!! Spawn of the devil, that angry and please don't tell me that you were forced to work in the sex industry to get benefits? shock But workfare wasn't around in 2006 was it?

I meant proper funded Return to Work schemes where they train you in CV writing, interview techniques and learning new skills - and attendance is not linked to the benefits system. I've worked for quite a few of these in the South East and helped people into jobs which is why I was wondering whether you were flexible about location.

No need to reply, it's just I've seen your posts around and about and you seem very angry and defeated. I was just wondering what your story was and whether you wanted to make the break and change. Good luck.

Darkesteyes Tue 05-Mar-13 00:56:53

Im so sorry i got a bit stroppy badinage thanks wine I didnt mean to drip feed or anything. with my workfare experiences i did stints at a charity shop and local council, Then they were going to make me work at a soup factory for 3 months for my JSA. I had applied for loads of jobs including the chatline and then the chatline offered me a job. As they were the only ones offering me paid work i took it.
On a brighter note i am hoping to go to the Suffragette Centenary in June. One thing i probably do need to do is widen my social circle.
Sorry for being a stroppy cow thanks

Darkesteyes Tue 05-Mar-13 00:58:46

I did my workfare as part of New Deal from 1999 to 2001 On New Deal it was 13 weeks workfare

As mentioned previously, I'm pretty sure I have identified six or seven different types of orgasms that I undergo. I'm sure it varies a lot between women as well.

badinage Tue 05-Mar-13 01:22:29

Hey no worries thanks

Yay to the Suffragette Centenary!!

Have a look out for those schemes I mentioned. Some of them here are registered charities, so independent of this awful government. They've made a real difference to some people I've worked with; life-changing stuff. I've kept in touch with a few and the first jobs they had were stepping-stones to better and more well-paid jobs. One of the hidden pluses though was the cameraderie that grew amongst the jobseekers and the sense of purpose it gave them coming into 'work' each day. I'd really recommend looking to see if there's anything like that in your area or in a place you'd be willing to work.

Darkesteyes Tue 05-Mar-13 01:37:41

Thankyou badinage thanks thanks

Morloth Tue 05-Mar-13 04:31:09

I am not too keen on clitoral orgasms TBH, they often trigger a blinding headache/nausea. I have heard an actual 'pop' in my head once during one with a vile instantaneous migraine.

Much rather the deeper but less intense vaginal version.

I also don't like to have sex standing up, I get all dizzy.

EmmaThorn Thu 07-Mar-13 09:43:48

I very rarely orgasmed from PIV, and I always thought I was in some 1% bracket of women who have something wrong with them! But most women can't achieve orgasm from intercourse alone, but stimulation before/during helps and I find that being totally relaxed and in the "zone" helps me loads. When I have had an orgasm from PIV alone, its always been when I least expect it to happen!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now