Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Well. This is a surprise. Pregnant- completely unexpected. shit.

(233 Posts)
shockerama Wed 15-May-13 20:15:13

namechanger- know people on here in RL and haven't told DP yet.

Ironically came off pill in new year because I felt that one day I would forget to take it and get pregnant- decide to go onto the Depo-Provera.

Now I'm only bloody pregnant.

Couldn't understand why I kept putting on weight- despite running and dieting, felt that it was a side effect of the depo.

Last week felt some 'flutterings' in my stomach- over this past week have noticed that my stomach is much 'harder' than usual.

Decided to do a PG test today- BFP.

DS1 is 13 in sept and DS2 is 10 in July-

i was promoted last year and this all just awful timing- life was getting easier with the kids- had visions of DP and I being able to actually 'do couple stuff' within the next few years.

im not 'sad' - just disappointed in myself. Thought the days of sleepless nights and nappies were way behind me.

We can just about afford another baby (just).

Going to GP tomorrow to see if I can get a scan because if I can feel flutterings, I'm clearly not 'just pregnant'.

and I can't even begin to find way to tell my best friend- who is just about to start her 7th round of IVF.

confused

strawberryswing Thu 23-May-13 21:20:09

Lovely news! I can totally relate, I could have written this post last year. MIdwives on the friday, scan on the Monday where I was 24+5 with a baby girl.

Totally overwhelming, but at a point where there is still time to get your head around everything til baby arrives. And you have less time to wait to meet your bundle smile.

My dd is now 10 months and is utterly, utterly perfect and I couldn't imagine life without her.

Good luck x

Debs75 Thu 23-May-13 21:25:22

Lovely news Shockerama it sounds like things will be fine for you all.

Tiredemma Fri 14-Jun-13 19:50:16

Hi all ( its me, shockerama!).

Brief update.

Still shocked at times but deliriously happy!

Best news also , my lovely best friend had 2 grade 6 embryos planted back in today. Im praying for her. Remaining positive, she has only got as far as having eggs put back in once before, they were grade 3 and unsuccessful. All other eggs were not even good enough previously to put back so we are hoping that it works for her.

Again, thanks for all advice. I keep coming back to read this thread and smiling to myself [smiling]

TinkyPeet Fri 14-Jun-13 20:32:30

Hi Emma, glad to ear you're doing well smile
Best of luck to your friend hoping everything works out xxx

Tiredemma Tue 10-Sep-13 15:27:51

Well my little 'surprise' was delivered by emergency c section on Saturday night.

I have read through this thread with tears rolling down. I can't believe how negative I was when I found out. I am utterly in love with this most precious, beautiful little girl. The whole family are smitten.

I'm very lucky, I realise this now. Thanks everyone who came on with personal stories of their 'surprises'. I can't stop looking at my little girl and just smiling.

PinkApple86 Tue 10-Sep-13 15:46:05

Aw lovely congratulations to you thanks

Massive congratulations to you.
thanks

Bowlersarm Tue 10-Sep-13 15:53:10

Congratulations flowers

Don't feel bad about your mixed emotions when you found out you were pregnant. It's a perfectly normal reaction to a huge shock!

My DM couldn't stop crying when she found out she was pregnant with me (my 3 siblings were over 10 when i was born, and she was 40). But as soon as I was born I was 'the best mistake she'd ever made!' Oh, I love my DM. I knew I wasn't planned but loved and cherished (and very spoilt) as much as my sisters and brother.

Enjoy those snuggly newborn cuddles.

Tiredemma Tue 10-Sep-13 15:56:59

Aw. Now I'm crying again.

MissHC Tue 10-Sep-13 15:59:18

Aww this is so lovely. You almost made me cry at my desk. Congratulations!!

kelda Tue 10-Sep-13 16:00:52

Congratulations TiredEmmasmile

nemno Tue 10-Sep-13 16:02:39

Congratulations , lovely story thanks

How is your friend re post 14th June? I had my fingers crossed for her too.

Ooo, I didn't see this originally, how lovely, I have properly welled up grinblush Congratulations smile thanks

How is your friend getting on?

Congratulations from a lurker x

MamaMary Tue 10-Sep-13 16:11:57

Aw, lovely thread. Sometimes I would secretly like a surprise #3 myself.

Hope little DD thrives and boys continue to adore her grin

ShowOfHands Tue 10-Sep-13 16:12:21

Oh she's here. Brilliant news. Well done you. What name did you go for in the end? I remember you starting a thread in baby names.

I love this thread.

Wahla Tue 10-Sep-13 16:22:01

Aw what a lovely thread! Congratulations and enjoy your little surprise flowers.

Tiredemma Tue 10-Sep-13 16:24:59

Sadly friends IVF failed again and I was devastated for her. I really cried the day she found out. She has been amazing though and really supportive. She plans to try IVF again but is also looking at adoption.

Tiredemma Tue 10-Sep-13 16:25:39

Names- our little surprise is Esme Florence.

WingDefence Tue 10-Sep-13 16:45:53

Congratulations emma! I posted back in May but the thread had dropped off my TIO so I'm glad to see your DD has arrived safely smile

When you posted your OP, my DD was 6-7weeks old and she's now 5 1/2 months old. Time flies! cake

ThwartedbyMum Tue 10-Sep-13 16:46:31

Many congratulations!

ThwartedbyMum Tue 10-Sep-13 16:46:31

Many congratulations!

MrsRV Tue 10-Sep-13 20:51:44

I've never posted on this thread before, remember seeing it back when you had your little surprise though & just saw it pop up sgain so had to re-read.

Beautiful name. Well done. Lovely story. Crying, eating ice-cream and being a worried 5 minutes pregnant & wishing I was 24 weeks right now!!!!

wigglytoes Tue 10-Sep-13 21:04:25

Congratulations! grin

MrsJK Tue 10-Sep-13 21:07:04

Ahh what a lovely story smile Congrats on your new beauty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now