Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

December 2012: This too shall pass, this too shall pass

(1000 Posts)

keep repeating the mantra...

MaMaPo Mon 11-Mar-13 03:46:28

Quick wakes here too. I am going to be devastated if bottle refusal is a regular thing for C. Not having to do the midnight feed saves my sanity. I am fx that it has something to do with growth spurt.

I'm hungry.

Up for second time. Ds did five hours twenty minutes to start with (I kept waking up though!) only two a half this time hmm

EggsMichelle Mon 11-Mar-13 04:00:48

He's still asleep, but thrashed around and kicked his covers off (grr to not using the sleeping bag) every time I put the covers back on him he thrashes again but I know he will wake up cold soon. Grrr!!!!

EggsMichelle Mon 11-Mar-13 04:36:25

He woke up, but he fed and back to sleep now. It's bloody cold here, and the snow has settled!

utopian99 Mon 11-Mar-13 05:09:02

Am.absolutely knackered for some reason. Just fell asleep with him curled inmy arm after last feed, not in strict co sleeping guidelines.. Did mean I got three hours solid though. Think he is out growing the hammock, hence recent spate of thrashing and poor sleep. sad It's supposed to be up to six months but he's quite big/long. Time to hunt down a cot!

We've got a little bit of snow, just a dusting, I'm hire worried about the roads though they look horrendous sad

Ds is still asleep at the moment so that was only tel wake ups last night, shame I couldn't sleep! Can I take 'natural' sleeping tablets whilst breastfeeding?!

IsThatTrue Mon 11-Mar-13 06:48:39

Urgh. 5 wake ups last night and his nappy has leaked through his sleeping bag. And I've got a sore throat hmm

Damn those growth spurts IsThat sad

FriendofDorothy Mon 11-Mar-13 07:24:45

We have snow and gale force winds. Don't think I'll be going to town as planned!

We have the winds and more snow falling we're not going to get as much as you though FoD I would definitely stay in if I were you the wind chill is -10 shock

WLmum Mon 11-Mar-13 07:34:18

Well special Mother's Day pressie from T - after taking ages to settle to bed and lots of running up and down the stairs for me, she finally settled at 9 and is only just waking up now!! A proper whole nights sleep!! Boobs like watermelons though.

MaMaPo Mon 11-Mar-13 07:46:24

Wl, I know the words you're using but they don't make any sense. What on earth is a whole nights sleep?!

Yay Wl we had similar. After being pawed all day by mums and MiLs, J refused to settle until 10:30, but then slept til 7:15am! Wahoo!

Isthat that is utterly shit of DP and to take so much care over MiL's cArd is taking the piss!

sorry mama

EggsMichelle Mon 11-Mar-13 07:52:56

Wow wl epic sleep! F slept 8-4, 4.30-7.15.

Snow is really coming down here, it's not too thick on the ground but has potential to be thick!

I thought I just posted but it's not showing up? Ds just woke for the day all smiles four hours after his last feed. I even got him dressed before feeding him and he still wasn't moaning for it. Seems every time I consider a ff he likes to show me that he can sleep!

pmgkt Mon 11-Mar-13 08:08:28

Sorry really out of date with posts.
Well the last 2 nights I have changed routine as I was getting only short blocks of sleep. Ed was doing 7-3 3.30-7 but I wasn't going to bed til 11 so that combined with ds1 getting up at 5 meant I got 4 hours and sometimes that was it. So now I'm doing a dream feed at 11 and he us going to 5 already, its lovely. I'm hoping he will start doing his 8 hour stints again but from 11, wishful I know.

MaMaPo Mon 11-Mar-13 08:56:54

Holding sleeping baby is difficult with a rotten cold - I keep sniffing and coughing which wakes her up. Woe is me. At least she is keeping me warm.

WLmum Mon 11-Mar-13 09:17:27

Sorry mama but it makes up for having virtually no sleep the night before. Who knows what tonight will bring?

WLmum Mon 11-Mar-13 09:18:58

Sorry mama but it makes up for having virtually no sleep the night before. Who knows what tonight will bring?

Don't worry mama you and IsThat can come and share my peppa pig cakes with me on the sleepy sofa grin

utopian99 Mon 11-Mar-13 12:03:02

Ooh spotty can I join the sleepy sofa? O had a dreadful spate of snuffling/fidgeting from my last post onwards. Dh took him to change a 7.30am but otherwise i've been aware since 5. Just back from pramactive and have my aunt coming so no catch up opportunity either..

<budges up for utopian>

Ds just napped for an hour but I was finishing off the food shopping hmm

I might treat myself to a hot chocolate in a bit

FoD hope you're surviving your snow it still hasn't stopped here

Stacks Mon 11-Mar-13 12:18:38

I've also been really sleepy all morning. DS usually sleeps in in the mornings, but this morning we had 2 nappy changes and 3 clothes changes between 7 and 7:30am. There was no chance he was getting back to sleep after that! I managed to get him down for a nap at 10 after he spent the whole morning being grumpy. He keeps waking and beeding boob reinserted, so I've been napping on and off beside him. Still feeling much better now. However, realised I've not had breakfast, am really hungry but I know DS will wake if I get up for food.

I didn't get a Mother's Day really either. DH forgot to get me a card or anything. I did get pancakes for breakfast, but not until DH had had a lay in. I was in bed too, but wide awake and hungry for 2 hours before he got up. Still, we'd arranged to go to see his family for the day, so I watched everyone else drink champagne, had a lovely dinner, then I had to drive back in very, very scary conditions! There was so much snow and ice, and in the dark too. Visibility was about 10ft at times, and we did the whole journey at about 20-30mph on a 60 road. 3 skids and twice the usual journey time and we got home safe. About 2 inches if snow here today, and more falling. I'm banned from going out by DH in tge snow, so it's going to be a long day.

FriendofDorothy Mon 11-Mar-13 13:12:01

Plenty of snow in Guernsey. I am listening to the local radio and the island is slowly grinding to a halt.

The Little Mister and I have spent all morning in the kitchen baking cakes.

This thread is not accepting new messages.