Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

December 2012 - the fourth trimester is nearly over

(999 Posts)
MaMaPo Thu 21-Feb-13 02:29:08

smile

Secondsop Tue 26-Feb-13 17:58:35

mamapo we went to daylesford last time -
I loved it! We're thinking of going again this time and staying overnight. We might go up to the Murray as that was where my husband went on lots of holidays as a child. I went to healsville a few years ago; there is talk of possibly going to Philip Island again with my husband's cousin, where we went to a lovely animal park and also saw the penguins. Will check out your recommendations for other places. I think the road trip might involve ballarat too. We did the great ocean road last time although it was miserable weather so all I really saw was a great wall of grey and I was constantly afraid of landslips ESP as i saw little bits of earth tumbling down on more than one occasion. In fact they closed the road the next day.

Secondsop Tue 26-Feb-13 18:01:47

Re baby clothes - I wouldn't have bothered but my husband is obsessive about it so he washed them. (He does most of the laundry in fact). I dont think it's just a baby thing though - he washes all new clothes before wearing them.

D us still asleep on me. Bedtime is in an hour and a half... Should I wake him up?

MaMaPo Tue 26-Feb-13 18:12:28

Finish this sentence Honey - never wake a ... smile

I wouldn't - I might reconsider if he's still asleep in an hour though.

IsThatTrue Tue 26-Feb-13 18:16:29

stacks I've never washed new baby clothes because in an awful mother 3 dcs all still very much alive and no skin problems to speak of.

seconds very envy of your holiday. We are brassic atm so no hope of any holidays in the foreseeable!

I know mama just terrified of not sleeping tonight. I'm so tired I need to sleep and so does DH!

Just put him to bed a bit later honey. I like to give it two hours from last nap to bed time

MaMaPo Tue 26-Feb-13 18:36:04

Little C naps frequently leading up to bedtime. She tends to sleep ok, but her natural bedtime is 8.30pm. Only just worked that out! Attempts to put her down earlier kept failing...

Chloe55 Tue 26-Feb-13 18:39:13

dd's natural bedtime seems to be 6.30pm, ds was the same as a baby. Great for me who spends all day with them but not great for dh sad , have tried to keep her up beyond this and she generally is ratty til she goes down so not worth it.

What time is she up in the morning after going down then chloe

halesball Tue 26-Feb-13 18:52:12

Stacks i've never washed the clothes before H has worn them either.

Seconds soenvy of your holiday oh and enjoy the cake.

H doesn't seem to have developed a natural bedtime yet, shes still quite hit and miss. I know on the bad nights though she'll go about 4am so i record plenty on sky plus.

Ds's bedtime tends to be between eight and nine. He's just had his bath and will need a few times before I feed him lying down and he'll go off

MaMaPo Tue 26-Feb-13 19:20:07

Last night was a good example of C's routine (when it happens) - bed at 8.30, dream feed around 11.30-midnight, feeds around 3 and 6 and then up around 8am. Unfortunately, lots of mornings she doesn't get back to sleep after the 6am feed, which is a bad start to the day. She's already overtired by 9am!

At the min D goes to bed about half 7-8 ish as he refuses to be put down downstairs so we settle him before we have dinner. He normally sleeps by 8.30 and on a good night goes till about 2 (on a bad night till about 11) then feeds every hour and a half - 2 hours till about 6. (I get up at 5 with DH to have a shower and express before he goes to work) then sometimes we'll lie down again till 7.30. He doesn't nap for more than 10mins at a time normally during the day though.

WLmum Tue 26-Feb-13 20:00:55

Ooh cake, don't mind if I do! I just instructed DH to stop on his way home and get me something xhocolately that I can have with custard!

How cute holding their little hands til they are asleep - aw!

Dont know that Tabs has had anything new to wash what with being my third girl and all!

Straw poll ladies - though Tabs is generally sleeping well at night (touch wood) she just won't nap at home during the day (generally does well in the car or pram if we're moving - always wakes up minutes after we stop. At home I can get about an hour at a time in the sling, or 30 mins max if I manage to get her down in her cot or pram. It's starting to bother me, and if we haven't been out much like today she ends up so tired at bedtime she gets really upset. I can't just put her to bed early as have to sort other 2 out first. I know the day naps will come but just wondered how many others have a similar problem - I know it has been mentioned. mama you were trying replicating night conditions for little c - how's it going?

WLmum Tue 26-Feb-13 20:04:53

X post honey! 10 mins! Blimey!

MaMaPo Tue 26-Feb-13 20:30:57

WL, still hit and miss. She won't go down in her cot and put herself to sleep, day or night, but if swaddled during the day will fall asleep OK in my arms and then sleep in her cot after I move her. It doesn't last long though - 45 minutes (1 sleep cycle) max. Out and about is totally another thing - today she slept nearly 3 hours in her pram while I ran some chores.

Something's gone wrong with bedtime tonight - she is howling. Poor husband is trying to wrangle.

halesball Tue 26-Feb-13 20:42:06

WL we're the same as Honey, we ger 2-3 10 minute naps throughout the day. And we're up a minimum of 3 times a night although its more like 5-6 times really. But shes not a whingy baby the majority of the time so it doesn't bother me. I'm actually starting to question if she sleeps with her eyes open sometimes because when i look at her shes zoned out

He doesn't want to go to sleep tonight sad

MaMaPo Tue 26-Feb-13 21:23:18

Snap, spotty. sad

Barbeasty Tue 26-Feb-13 21:24:42

Hales A definitely sleeps with his eyes open, as did DD. Both lie there and their eyes roll back into their head, like something from the Exorcist!

WLmum Tue 26-Feb-13 22:25:23

Ok, don't feel so bad now! It's just my back is aching from carrying her so much - haven't had her weighed for ages but she must be approaching a stone! It would be nice to be able to put her down for an hour and know that I have an hour to spend with big 2 or even do some chores (not much housework been done in last 10 weeks!). Was just writing this and reaching for a glass of wine when she started squeaking - by the time I got upstairs she'd settled herself - phew!

D got weighed today - 11lb 6oz. A slight drop on his centile but the thrush messed with his feeding so they're still

... Pleased with him!

IsThatTrue Tue 26-Feb-13 22:41:51

Must be something in the air ds2 isn't happy tonight either. I am almost at the point of giving a bottle as I'm sure he's sucked me dry. But I'd prefer him to do what nature intended and up my supply if he needs it. But it makes the feed uncomfy as he latches/unlatches constantly to moan that there's not much there.

I feel very lucky with daytime sleep. Ds2 normally does a big 2 hr sleep after the school run (8.30-10.30 ish) and then feeds and plays until around lunch where he'll sleep 12.30/1 ish to 2/2.30 ish and then feeds, normally sleeps on the school run 3-3.30 then awake until 5 ish naps for half hour then awake until 7. I would not be able to cope with 10 min sleeps as I have to be able to work and its a lot easier/faster when he sleeps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now