Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - the best post-natal quiche on MN

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Tue 15-Jan-13 16:56:24

Previous thread: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/postnatal_clubs/1655656-November-2012-sleeping-through-yet

The answer to the sleeping though question was a chorus of "no"s but there were a few resounding yesses and a lot more keeping quiet because the rest of us would be well jel.

Jackz133 Wed 16-Jan-13 06:37:13

smile

GTbaby Wed 16-Jan-13 06:41:58

Who was it who said mil complained about LO not getti g out enough? WELL my mil is constantly saying LO will catch a cold if taken out.
So maybe I should give him drops.
Well we have baby massage today grin so will get out.

StuntNun Wed 16-Jan-13 08:23:04

Apparently two hours of exposure to the sun per week is enough to get all your vitamin D; less if you expose more than just face and hands (oo-er missus), more if you're darker skinned. I'm going to buy vitamin drops today I think.

horseylady Wed 16-Jan-13 08:33:30

Two hours a week? I didn't think the uk had strong enough sun in the winter even if you worked outside? We go out daily dog walking. I'm not convinced enough of him faces the sun to get any benefit as he still faces towards me. Will try facing the world when it gets a bit warmer.

It's bloody freezing!!

NotSoNervous Wed 16-Jan-13 08:36:52

I try to go out for a walk with the pram everyday but I normally always have to go out in the car

We didn't do bath time routine last night and we had quite a bad night sad

Clarella Wed 16-Jan-13 08:38:28

giggling so much lo nearly fell off shoulder. but, he's so advanced, he's evolved wings.

Lane81 Wed 16-Jan-13 08:38:35

The drops are free on NHS, just ask for the 'Healthy Start' drops...

KissysUnderTheMisteltoe Wed 16-Jan-13 08:38:46

smile morning ladies, I see this was where all the action was overnight!

10 hours petite!?! We got 5 and a half hours but I've found another blocked duct this morning! Meh, not having much luck at the moment

PetiteRaleuse Wed 16-Jan-13 08:39:32

I put drops in LO's milk for vit D. The paediatrician recommends it at least in winter months and it won't do any harm.

GT explain to your MIL that in Scandinavia babies nap outside year round in much much colder temperatures. As long as they are wrapped up warm it's so good for them to spend time outside in the cold.

grin at brick-carrying pelvic floors

horseylady Wed 16-Jan-13 08:42:57

Ooo talking of pelvic floors, I did shred last night after Only walking last week (due to cold) and less leaking!! Perhaps it's just time it needs to recover!

PetiteRaleuse Wed 16-Jan-13 08:44:21

Shhh kissy I wanted that to remain buried in the other thread.

kirrinIsland Wed 16-Jan-13 08:50:35

You lot are nuts grin

Thanks Clara Shes in a sleeping bag, but I shall try pinning her into submission arms while settles.

Must have been something in the air last night MM - after a week of awful sleep, or lack of, N did 12-4.30 and then 5-8.30. Hoping we're back on track and it wasn't just a blip smile

Passmethecrisps Wed 16-Jan-13 08:50:43

No coffee left - managed to carry it over here all the way from the other thread and then spilled it with laughing. Ah well

Clarella Wed 16-Jan-13 08:57:09

quite funny that the last thread ended with your post petite, given the title slating ;)

Catbag Wed 16-Jan-13 08:58:27

<<sobs on the floor at the lack of coffee>>

PetiteRaleuse Wed 16-Jan-13 08:58:54

Yeah I did mean to add so A certain someone can stick that in her pipe and smoke it grin

PetiteRaleuse Wed 16-Jan-13 09:02:28

envy at your baby sprouting wings clarella

Actually conquering the human ambition to fly without technology whereas mine is only working on the next stage of supersonic aeronautical engineering. Just exactly what books did you read during pregnancy to have such a super evolved baby? Coz there was nothing about it in the what to expect book I read angry

TooManyDicksOnTheDancefloor Wed 16-Jan-13 09:31:48

Good night here too (well good for us), 10-2 and back asleep by 2.30, then woke this morning at 7.15am. Nights like that I can handle.

I did the same as you dixie ( I think it was you anyway), fed from the wrong boob but I didn't realise until I got back into bed. I woke up with a monster right boob, about 3 times the size of left boob.

PetiteRaleuse Wed 16-Jan-13 09:37:10

You know how everyone assumes in the UK that abroad they handle snow so much better? Tey don't. We get lots pf snow every year. Still took DH almost two hours to get home last night and an hour and a half to get in this morning. Te commuter trains were all delayed too. We've had about 4 inches which have been predicted since middle of last week. Ridiculous.

Thanks caped looks like I'll have to book a trip to the GP tomorrow.

I tempted fate telling you all about Ms 6-7 hour sleeps. Last night she went down at 11 despite being obviously tired at 9. Woke at half 2 for boob and went back down at 3. Then she woke at 5 for more boob and has fed at 6:30, 8 and 9:15 since then. I haven't been able to put her back down either so I am v sleepy. We were meant to be up and out early so I cof book an early Drs appt and go shopping but I'm too tired

PurplePidjin Wed 16-Jan-13 09:47:19

Hi <waves> may i gatecrash?

Raphael was originally due 2/12, then 30/11 but actually showed up 19/11 smile his first 8 weeks have been pretty dramatic (dp had a stroke 3 weeks ago) but fingers crossed for a bit more stability now hmm

Oh yeah, and I'm a full on hippy, wrap slings and full time cloth although i draw the line at co wriggling sleeping!

BigPigLittlePig Wed 16-Jan-13 09:47:37

Oh how I have sniggered to myself over this this morning (once I'd calmed down from reading all about someones 10 hour sleep envy).

Dreadful night, I won't go into details, but dreadful.
Have done full supermarket shop this morning already, cleaned house, and am now back in my PJs good job as already been vommed on

I really hope little pigs feeding improves once she's had her tongue tie dealt with, she's been really fussy over feeding, and keeps falling off then getting frustrated. Also chomping, an action which should never happen to ones nips.

capedcrusader25 Wed 16-Jan-13 09:47:50

No probs Fatima. Here's a link re Vit D:
www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/vitamins-for-children.aspx
So for ff babies GT & Horsey (and anyone else) we don't need to give it them until they have less than 500ml a day cause the formula has the recommended amount in.

Catbag Wed 16-Jan-13 09:50:28

Lol, welcome pidgin. Hope you realise that we are the badboys of Mumsnet, it would appear. You will be damned by association! grin

Catbag Wed 16-Jan-13 09:52:51

Where's VQ at? She has been very quiet. Hope you are ok x

This thread is not accepting new messages.