Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

December 2011: They're one Jim, and highly illogical!

(998 Posts)
LittleMissFantabulous Sun 30-Dec-12 22:29:23

I went with Gary's suggestion, as it was quite awesome and indeed factual!

grin

<boots up the caffeine hose>

Onwards?

OiMissus Fri 08-Feb-13 21:05:55

And congrats seven, lovely name. Half of me wants a girl next time, for shopping and shared interests, and to even up the balance. And half of me wants a boy so we don't have to buy anything new - plus BOi number one is perfect...wink
So I guess that means I have no real preference. grin

mopsytop Fri 08-Feb-13 21:08:41

QueenOfClean sorry not SAHM!
Seven love love love Beatrice. Was in my top two and is therefore number one choice if I have another baby girl in the future.
kat excellent re stylish mat clothes yay for fit posties (fit in both senses if the word!)
hmmm if I'm channelling Oi, maybe I'd better go get myself a Martini. I like mine with an orange twist though, is that allowed?

QueenofClean Fri 08-Feb-13 21:09:32

I'm planning on being more stylish this time around. More so as we have extra funds for me to do so! Last time I scrapped by not looking my best at times.

AnAirOfHope Fri 08-Feb-13 21:20:01

Congrats seven and such a fab name Bea. Im very envy enjoy every second of it xx

AnAirOfHope Fri 08-Feb-13 21:21:02

Happy 30th Birthday Queenie glad you had a good day xx

<clinks glasses with aethel and mopsy>
grin

mopsytop Fri 08-Feb-13 21:35:08

Clinks back Northern!
we randomly have crème de violette. what can I make with that?

mopsytop Fri 08-Feb-13 21:39:55

Oi I kind of want a girl next time for the same reason of having all the clothes etc but tbh if it's a boy, he will be wearing a lot of, shall we say, metrosexual clothing. anyway I already dress minimopsy in very little pink. Her hat, coat, gloves, PJs, vests are all neutral or boys stuff anyway.

SevenReasonsToSmile Fri 08-Feb-13 22:08:28

Can I clink a cheeky half-glass? I'm trying to just relax and enjoy this pregnancy as it'll be my last, and know the odd half doesn't really matter if its once in a while. It's really flying by though, I'm already 24 weeks, the point at which I had Eva (35+6) is 83 days away! DH is also not appreciating me saying things like that as he has the marathon to run before then. We're chuffed to be having another girl, I'm not close to my sister at all, I always presumed because she's 8 years older than me. I'm hoping by being close in age that they'll grow up being close. Someone tell me it will be the idyllic image I have in my head and they won't always be squabbling!

aethel glad to hear its all still on!

OiMissus Fri 08-Feb-13 23:35:19

I'm chinking glasses tonight, building up for the hen night tomorrow. Although I don't want to drink too much in case I am pg.

Figgygal Sat 09-Feb-13 06:55:47

Gah throat like razor blades today ......off back to bed sad

Let us know how you get on figgy, hope it's not tonsillitis.

Now Oi, we demand pics of the sailor outfit after this do...and remind me, you're going to Leeds now, not Blackpool aren't you?

Hope you enjoyed your cheeky half glass seven; I reckon it'll be pretty idyllic. Although I should imagine the first year could be a bit tough with three, but after that you can just chuck 'em all out into the garden to amuse themselves whether they get on or not grin. Lovely name- weirdly, it was my Mum's first choice for me, but she thought I'd get called Beatrix; Ann is my Mum's middle name and Beatrix is my step mum!

And whilst my knowledge of booze is pretty decent mopsy, I have no idea what you can make with creme de violette! We have some chambord so we're going to do Kir Imperiales for Valentines, albeit with leftover Prosecco from Xmas.

Belated happy birthday QoC, turning 30 is great. Sounds like you've had, and will be having, a wonderful time.

Today is sort the hell out of the house day, I can't tell you how happy I will be to get it all back to normal.

Aethelfleda Sat 09-Feb-13 10:56:44

Oh no Figgy, get better soon.
Northern I shall join you in a scrub-and-tidy-fest this weekend <channels SAHM> the house certainly needs it at this end! Really hope your work stresses are starting to improve too.
We're watching our new DVD Series 3 of T-Bag, currently listening to a feminist pirate song about how men are useless!!!! Missed that one the first tme around... The girls are loving its low-budget panto feel, they are just the right age for it.

Hope everyone's weekend is relaxing or productive, whichever is preferred! <cooks up plate of bacon butties, and vegeburgers for HLC>
Is anyone else on thread veggie apart from Honey?

So, DS night back in his own cot did not go all that well. We had our first ever night of vomtasticness. I know, I know we have been soooo lucky to get to 13 and a bit months without having to deal with this.

He fell asleep on DH after dinner so was put down in the cot. I went to bed shortly after. I woke when DH came to bed at about 11.30. Not too sure about the times after that, but we both heard him coughing a bit. Which then stopped. And then started again accompanied by a wail. DH went up to him and said he could smell the tell tale aroma half way up the stairs sad

I think this was about 1.30ish. DH and DS had a shower as he was covered (he'd obviously been sick with the earlier coughing blush bad parents ) and I stripped the cot, rinsed the sheets and put them in the washing machine.

By the time I got back to our room DH had DS in a fresh nappy and onesie and they were cuddled up in our bed. With a bottle of milk. Oh my, what foolish first time parents we are. About an hour or so later the now curdled milk was rejected by DS's stomach all over our bed.

So the boys had another shower, I stripped and remade our bed and dumped all our sheets in the kitchen.

DH took DS downstairs so I could try to get some sleep, but I obviously spent a good hour on MN as was wide awake before drifting off for a while and then waking up at 4.30 when I heard DS being sick again....time for me to get up for work anyway sad

Oh well, he's next door with SIL at the moment, I got home from work nice and early so have bleached the floor where he was sick, put in another load of smelly washing, washed and steralised everything he ate from yesterday.

Off to disinfect the cot ready for another try tonight.....

Faffin Sat 09-Feb-13 11:23:53

I'll take one with quorn bacon, thanks aethel. And it is needed. Terrible night last night. Neither would settle, DD eventually went to sleep at almost 10, then woke at 5.30. DS ended up in with us and finally stopped crying and slept at 1.30. Got to take DD to a 3 year old's bday party at a soft play place this afternoon too. Boot up the coffee hose!

figgy hope you're feeling much better soon

oi shame about not wanting to drink too much. I think I'd need a lot of booze to face fancy dress. But at least it's not in Blackpool any more!

I hope northern and aethel have productive days. A good sort out can be very therapeutic

GaryBuseysTeeth Sat 09-Feb-13 11:44:22

Kat, hope you all have a better night tonight, poor DS!
You too Faffin, hope soft play isn't hell!

Figgy, hope your throat improves.

Sending Northen & Aethel productive, Mr.Muscle cleaning style vibes!

Look forward to the POAS results from Oi & Queenie

I'd rather have a boy/all boys & DH is hoping for a girl so will be interesting to see if either of us is even slightly disappointed!
Had my first round of Braxton Hicks earlier, oh how I missed the glamour of pregnancy.

SevenReasonsToSmile Sat 09-Feb-13 12:46:15

gary BH already? I haven't had any yet.

queen yes when can you POAS?

That sounds grim kat, hope he's feeling better and you get a better night tonight, you too faffin.

QueenofClean Sat 09-Feb-13 13:59:54

Seven I'm due Thursday or Friday so I think tues/weds is earliest I can test as don't feel upduffed sad

SevenReasonsToSmile Sat 09-Feb-13 17:20:25

One of the women on my ante-natal thread is in early labour. Scary stuff!

queen did you know with the other two? With DD I just knew I was pregnant, with DS and this time I didn't have any idea until I got a BFP.

QueenofClean Sat 09-Feb-13 17:35:37

Oh no Seven. Hope they can stop her labour so the bun can cook for a little bit longer.

With DD1 I didn't find out I was pregnant till I was almost 16/17 weeks. She wasn't planned and I never had a regular cycle. Remember taking one earlier in the pregnancy but came up bfn so didn't retest as thought was my cycle being crazy again.

With DD2 I knew 4-5 days before AF was due as needed to go for a wee every 5 mins.

This time I don't feel anything. Just tired and spotty skin which I never have. I know it's only first month of trying but will be disappointed if it hasn't happened as with DD2 fell on first month of trying.

Faffin Sat 09-Feb-13 20:04:25

Scary indeed seven. Hope it all works out ok for her

It was pretty hellish Gary but DD enjoyed it and it was good for her to have a run around after a week of trying to get her to rest. I wish I could see these things through the happy and innocent eyes of a three year old. The girl whose party it was saw all the people in there and said "look at all the people here for my party" smile

We took DD's dressing off tonight. It's so nice to see her with a proper belly button, and it's amazing what they can do.

Really hoping for a better night tonight. I need sleep!

QueenofClean Sun 10-Feb-13 10:51:25

Faffin good to see DD is doing well.

Oi how was your night out in Leeds last night? & have you poas yet?

jigglebum Sun 10-Feb-13 12:12:06

Bored here - sat exam marking and really need to crack on and get most of it done today. DH has taken Freya and DS swimming with his parents and back to his parents house for the day, which is really useful. If I get enough done I may even get to sneak into town for a mooch on my own - luxury indeed.

Whilst I am very pleased for all you pregnant ladies and wishing good luck to those hoping to become pregnant I can truely say that I am not at all jealous and am looking forward to life gradually becoming a little easier as Freya grows up (and hopefully becomes less whingey than at present!) We have even booked a weeks holiday to Denmark in July which I can actually look forward to rather than just thinking it sounds hard work! We have family there and we stay in their summer house by the beach and can cycle to the beach, swimming pool, through the woods etc and just have a really chilled time. We are even talking of a second holiday to France too, so things must be looking up! Freya still wakes most nights but usually only once so we are hopefully getting there.

Right back to it.

mopsytop Sun 10-Feb-13 12:42:21

Oi how was the hen? I had a nice time but I'm sooooo tired today even though I was home at 1. Got up at 6.45. I got 5.5 hours sleep but not enough anymore. This time last year I'd have thought that was loads.

Making roast chicken, roast spuds, carrots, peas and tarragon sauce for lunch. The kitchen smells amazing. Maybe I should have a little glass of white... hair of the dog. Hmmm.

jigglebum Sun 10-Feb-13 13:00:40

Mm mopsy can I come to yours for lunch!? I just had a bowl of soup, not half as nice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now