Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

December 2011: They're one Jim, and highly illogical!

(998 Posts)
LittleMissFantabulous Sun 30-Dec-12 22:29:23

I went with Gary's suggestion, as it was quite awesome and indeed factual!

grin

<boots up the caffeine hose>

Onwards?

mopsytop Mon 31-Dec-12 19:36:48

OMG the guacamole is AMAZING!

Muffinpig Mon 31-Dec-12 19:43:46

Nearly Happy New Year everyone! And thanks for the new thread lmf

We usually spend New Year with some friends but they've just had a baby so actually feeling very relieved just to be the 4 of us. I can't actually remember what we did last year, can anyone else? I expect I was either feeding or winding DD at midnight! She got bronchiolitis a few days later. Let's hope we have a healthier 2013!

Doubt we will stay up until midnight tonight so we have started the champagne already, am hoping it will help DD sleep. In 2013 I want to stop bfeeding, reclaim my body and catch up on sleep!

Hope everyone has a fun evening and best wishes for the new year!

GaryBuseysTeeth Mon 31-Dec-12 19:52:30

Resolutions:
1. Stay fit during this pg, stopped weight training during the last one (as I didn't want to strain abs) & got horribly flabby...and then not be fat after pg.
2. To only use reuseable shopping bags & stop using products made by companies tested on animals (MIL bought DS loads of Johnsons bath stuff which we're trying to get through.
3. Learn Spanish properly. I can get by but want a bilingual child dammit!!
4. Joint one with DH & I; we're giving up processed sugar (once the christmas food is out) so hope we can last until August at the least.

Hawthers, I only use day cream on my face & a facemask once/twice a week so am the wrong person to ask.
<calpol> for minimopsy
kat, hope the bleeding is nothing, DS saying 'uh-oh' sounds adorable!
LMF, considering how rubbish the buses are at your end maybe the extra walking would cause less stress!

Happy New Year everyone!

MissRee Mon 31-Dec-12 20:31:19

This time last year was my due date and I got dolled up in my finest maternity dress and went a-partying grin

MissRee Mon 31-Dec-12 20:40:29
KateKringle Mon 31-Dec-12 20:46:56

Happy New Year to you all, lovely ladies. I think it's highly unlikely I'll stay awake until midnight, so see you all in 2013!

KateKringle Mon 31-Dec-12 20:49:06

Oh wow, MissRee check you out! I was no doubt sleep deprived, looking like shit, and probably had a baby attached to a boob

ChristmasIsForPlutocrats Mon 31-Dec-12 21:29:12

Happy New Year, all!
I resolve to read up on what everyone's been up to while I was wildernessing (and have just identified an incredibly small netbook, which won't slide this way and that as I wrestle attempt to feed DD)

We resolve to buy a house!

More sex!! grin

Dear Bob MissRee, you look better than me certainly most people pre-baby!

So far I have done puff pastry/cream cheese/smoked salmon/dill sauce loveliness for starters, and we have steak for dinner, and Gu deserts for afters. And, frankly, several cocktails, some good red wine and some Prosecco for toasting in the new year.

Sadly, this will be the first NY where I'm not going to be cheering it in- work's so hideous that I'm just dreading it all....
...so my NY resolution will be to remind myself that I have a good, well-paid job, and to be grateful for it.
Today was so amazingly bad, seeing the piles of it all that have stacked up over Xmas shock, with the knowledge I'm going to have to work weekends and nights to sort it all out, and having to sort out a Police welfare check to make sure someone who was threatening to kill themselves hadn't.

On the happy side, it's been an amazing year: I feel so fortunate that I have a beautiful son who I adore, and who is becoming more interesting and wonderful every day; a mostly lovely partner; and a crumbling but happy home. Nothing is worth more smile

And you lot as well wink!!

Oh, and wanted to say, hawthers, I use the Olay stuff that has an SPF of 15 and a teeny bit of 'tanning' in it. I don't wear make-up, and this stuff is non greasy and stops me looking like a corpse.

And, especially, here's to all the new babies 2013 will bring!

ChristmasIsForPlutocrats Mon 31-Dec-12 22:08:23

I thought water, a hat, sunscreen and moisturiser were supposed to be the only guaranteed non-bullshit skincare regime?

(Disclaimer: here I am guzzling coffee all day, not water, despite breastfeeding a LOT at night)

MissRee Tue 01-Jan-13 00:25:06

Happy New Year you lovely ladies and babies!!!!

Just wanted to say thank you for all the support, advice and love you've given us over the last year grin

May 2013 be filled with love, luck and happiness and I'm looking forward to news of the new thread babies smile

OiMissus Tue 01-Jan-13 09:04:53

Oh and happy new year! grin

OiMissus Tue 01-Jan-13 10:22:18

I wrote "oh and", as an add on to my last post, which was swallowed by the 2013 pixies.
In that post, I mentioned silk pillowcases supposedly being the best facial skin care "routine" possible. And something about being hungover.
(Which is entirely the correct start to a month where alcohol will not be consumed.)
Where's that coffee?

LittleMissFantabulous Tue 01-Jan-13 10:29:59

Coffeeeeeeeeee! <charges the brew cannon>

I wash my face. I look old. I am too flighty to stuck to a routine. I'll just stick to having daft coloured hair to amuse megrin

Now, bacon sandwich time!

Happy New Year everyone.

2013 resolutions

To be a happier person, and relax a bit.
To be the best mum & wife I can be.
To become a SAHM
Possibly have DC3.
To take at least 1 photo of my girls everyday smile

I turn 30 29 forever in 38 days shock

ChristmasIsForPlutocrats Tue 01-Jan-13 12:36:29

DSM, I LOVED being 30! I decided ut was a "no more bullshit" year, and it worked, because batting back some bullshit gives you the confidence and competence to do more! Don't deprive yourself of that by staying in your twenties! I'm 38 now, but my next goal year is 42: everything is going to go right like it did at 30. (I imagine this is a long-buried idea from the Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy...) grin

I have to move forward one of my goals to when I'm 40. Going on a trip to San Francisco. I've reached all my other goals by time I'm 30 which was meet a man, buy a house, get married and have at least 2 children by then smile

ChristmasIsForPlutocrats Tue 01-Jan-13 12:42:56

Sorry to rant, but it's something I feel strongly about- why SHOULD we regret the passage of time in ourselves? We celebrate it in our babies. Having more experience to look forward to makes life better and better, not "worse and worse as youth recedes".

(Big apology if you were only being light-hearted blush)

Happy New Year, all!

LittleMissFantabulous Tue 01-Jan-13 13:24:00

Wear purple ladieswink

42 is a damn fine target!grin DNA is missedsad

Plu Was lighthearted. I'm actually looking forward to my 30's & putting my twenties behind me. They weren't all bad but could of been a lot better.

30's and beyond can only be better grin

LMF am wearing purple but why?
Also DNA missing?! confused

OiMissus Tue 01-Jan-13 16:31:43

The 30s are cool. I found confidence and calmness. I became happy in who I was. I didn't worry so much about what others thought. Freedom!
And I enjoyed myself a lot. .blush
Luckily, I also met my husband and started behaving myself, smile got married and had a baby.
Now I have started my 40s, and so far, I can recommend it.
I'm blaming my sagging bosom on breast feeding rather than on gravity/time. I believe that to be correct.
I have no goals set on time. I have the rest of my life to continue to be happy. smile

SevenElvesAndAReindeer Tue 01-Jan-13 17:17:53

Happy new year, and yes here's to the next batch of thread babies! You've all got until the end of March to join in with the 2013 additions grin

I believe I'm one of our youngest at 26? I got married at 20 and pregnant with DS at 21, so my twenties has been spent settling down and having babies. I'm looking forward to entering my thirties being settled already and with the baby stage done with tbh though DH is already talking about having DC4.

Me and DH are celebrating the new year tonight as he worked last night. Buffet style party food and monopoly, I might even have a naughty wine

Aethelfleda Tue 01-Jan-13 18:04:33

Today DS has been pointing at everything and loving his new Iggle Piggle toy (the one that squeaks and talks). It's very sweet.
The DDs have been c

Aethelfleda Tue 01-Jan-13 18:12:40

Today DS has been pointing at everything and loving his new Iggle Piggle toy (the one that squeaks and talks). It's very sweet.
The DDs have been colouring in their new Galt Colour-in playhouse, it's really Kept them occupied (apart from the hour where we went to the local park with two really big slides and they ran around like loons to get the cobwebs off). Got to get them all packeted up in bed by 7.30 so that I can start day one of the Thirty Day Shred (gulp...)

Wow misree you looked fab in that new year 11 photo! I will join LMF in the benign neglect camp of facecare. I have something called Nivea Visage two in one cleanser and toner that is great stuff, used it religiously for 3 months before I got married and my skin looked great, but I forget to use it since I've had the DDs and haven't bought a new bottle since about 2009 blush My mum helped to human-test facecare products in the 1980s and most of the time plain old moisuriser would win out over the latest "miracle" product, she told me to just use something, anything, every night and even the cheapy stuff would work. But hey, I have no motivation and still don't look too ancient....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now