Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

November 2012 - all the babies have arrived

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Wed 12-Dec-12 23:16:45
GTbaby Fri 21-Dec-12 01:48:48

grin

GTbaby Fri 21-Dec-12 01:48:38

Don't u dare take this away from me!

GTbaby Fri 21-Dec-12 01:48:14

I'm a virgin at thread finishing. How exciting

GTbaby Fri 21-Dec-12 01:47:49

Ohh at this rate I'm gona finish this thread!

GTbaby Fri 21-Dec-12 01:47:06

AND I think DH snoring is gona wake LO shock

GTbaby Fri 21-Dec-12 01:46:34

I've started so ill finish. So he took money out. N then can't work out y I am made. (Ill pay u bk crap).
Comes home drunk from Xmas party
He has done 2 night shifts n 2 nights out. So I have done night feeds alone four nights in a row sad and no I won't mention that LO did a 7 hour record when I moan tomorrow about this.

On top of this rubbish with pil. Agony of apologising to herconfused

Argh. Wana scream. Wana go home to my mums this weekend. hmm

GTbaby Fri 21-Dec-12 01:41:19

Aww Jen sounds crap. I know how y feel tho! I have a top player in the field of useless husbands.

He has paid for something using my bank card. He had my permission to pay deposit for holiday (if u can call it that- dont worry I will b ranting about this for months to come, I will drip feed to make it more exciting for u!) tickets. He said he would get money out of cash machine. So obviously I assume 200£ mark. He paid £800! N did not think to tell me! Only realised wen I checked my back balance.

sweetpea1112 Fri 21-Dec-12 00:45:32

jen I am sorry to hear of your useless OH but ooh Olympia! Very envy Was it wonderful? Looking forward to the TV coverage at the weekend and seeing Puissance highlights.

ChunkyTurkeywiththetrimmings Fri 21-Dec-12 00:35:03

I can totally empathise Jenbird. I often feel my DH rarely has much organisationally to do, particularly with regard to the DCs & often, when asked, seems to find it impossible. It is weird. I trust him to look after DD well - he was sole carer 1 day a wk until recently - but I still had to remind him about giving her breakfast soon after getting up, changing nappies & so on, yet I'm expected to manage single-handedly every day.

Off to bed now, as A is sleeping & finally off the boob. Can barely type I'm so tired, I'm falling asleep literally as I type.

jenbird what is it with DHs??? sometimes i think they are put on this earth JUST to piss us off!

jenbird Fri 21-Dec-12 00:15:26

Apologies but this is a very self indulgent post as I just need to let off steam. Right now I totally hate my dh. We have had our family day out today for Christmas and went down to Olympia with all 4 kids in tow. My dh does zero organisationally which is fine but we get half way to the train station when he tells me he has forgotten the buggy wheels. We have 4 kids and it would have been nice to put the baby down at some point but obviously we couldn't as there was nowhere to put her ( had the baby carrier). I managed to get over my extreme annoyance - his one fucking job and he cocks it up and we had a lovely day. Unfortunately our train home was delayed (2 hr journey anyway) so was not pleasant. When we get back to the station my stupid husband (having told the kids not to fiddle with the inside lights in the morning and insisted on doing them himself) has left the inside lights on in the car so the battery was flat. We went with friends who ended up taking me and the children home and leaving dh with car and friends kids and dh waiting for breakdown people. Not only have we massively inconvenienced friends but I also had to deal with getting 4 overtired children into bed all of whom were screaming. I feel like he has totally ruined our day because he is incapable of thinking about more than one thing at a time. He is on his way back now but I hope he doesn't come to bed as I am feeling vile towards him.
Sorry for self indulgence. I am just so cross.

fatima ..... id buy a decent nights sleep!!!.....or some tops that hide my belly!

sad im soo tired, DD wont settle, DH is asleep, my stitches from the episiotemy are killing, i cant poo, my back and stomach are agony and am sat here in floods of tears feeling hopeless, i just want some sleep :'(

sorry for the rant x

PetiteRaleuse Thu 20-Dec-12 23:47:42

Thanks Chunky, that's reassuring smile

ChunkyTurkeywiththetrimmings Thu 20-Dec-12 23:36:51

Snap blonder grin

ChunkyTurkeywiththetrimmings Thu 20-Dec-12 23:35:31

PR night coughing has many causes. As I've said, I had horrendous asthma as a child & my niece has an incredibly rare severe form of it. We both had cats etc w/out it affecting our asthma. Essentially, unless you think dd1 is really ill & is lacking oxygen at night (blue lips & tongue, waking up v pale, breathless etc) I would imagine it can wait until Jan.

fatima some nice bras that fit properly, nice long-sleeved bfing/accessible tops, nice jeans.

blonderthanred Thu 20-Dec-12 23:35:11

I'd buy a new bf bra, some easy access tops/dresses and maybe a pair of jeans or cords.

What did you see Horsey?

I went out tonight for the first time to my works Xmas do (in a frock!), hadn't expressed so had a 2 hr window, DH dropped me off and picked me up and now back feeding! It wasn't as weird as I thought, my colleagues aren't really interested in babies so I wasn't expecting anything but they had bought some gifts so I was really touched. They want me to bring him in for a baby screening so I will have to do that in the new year. Really unexpected and I had such a nice time.

ValiumQueen Thu 20-Dec-12 23:21:20

Lots of pjs as I am forever getting puked on, and it is all I wear at the moment. Black ones so I can do the school run without getting dressed.

sweetpea1112 Thu 20-Dec-12 23:17:29

Fatima if someone gave me £100 right now I would buy a decent fitting pair of jeans and some nice jumpers. While I can fit into my pre - pregnancy clothes they do highlight my pot belly a bit too much sad

PetiteRaleuse Thu 20-Dec-12 23:14:49

Am kicking myself that I was at the Dr's today and didn't think to ask for advice.

Quick question while I catch up... If you had £100 to spend on yourself, like for clothes etc, what would you buy?

pikz Thu 20-Dec-12 22:42:09

Thank god for DP walking through door. 6 hours of on and off wailing and no sleeping by LO. End of tether as back killing as he's now 9lb9 up from 7lb6 at birth after only 4 weeks!

PetiteRaleuse Thu 20-Dec-12 22:36:38

VQ LO had her jabs today. Seems fine if a little sleepy. A dose of Calpol won't do any harm and might just help your LO settle.

Hmm I've been Dr Googling and Dr Google is telling me that DD1's night time coughing could be asthma, which would be understandable as DH is asthmatic. They talk about animal hair making it worse. DD spends most waking hours playing with the dog and we have cats too. She has another cold so it's worse today than usual. We have a check up planned end January and DH can't get any time off before the end of the year. I don't have anyone who could look after LO while I take DD1 to the Dr. I wonder if we should just try and sit it out until the next appointment. I can't take both children at once on my own.

ChunkyTurkeywiththetrimmings Thu 20-Dec-12 22:31:01

...ing a crying babe around whilst I eat & drink something!!

In growth spurt hell I think...

On the up side, think blockage/mastitis is cleared. Not in pain, just finding tender spots in boobs. Probably from over prodding them...blush

ChunkyTurkeywiththetrimmings Thu 20-Dec-12 22:29:06

Finished last feed 30mins ago & now DH is walk

sweetpea1112 Thu 20-Dec-12 22:28:52

<Off to google Bryzoans as they sound very cool>

This thread is not accepting new messages.