Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Dashing through the snow... One escaped early, which December baby is next?

(996 Posts)
HoneyMum21 Tue 13-Nov-12 22:13:58

Getting the thread ready when all the Christmas puddings start making appearances...

Honeycantthinkofanxmasnickname Thu 06-Dec-12 13:07:59

Congratulations eggnog

PurplePidjChickIsNotTheMessiah Thu 06-Dec-12 13:32:30

Congratulations, Michelle thanks

Secondsop Thu 06-Dec-12 15:51:26

Oh brilliant congratulations eggnog

ISpyDingDongMerrilyOnHigh Thu 06-Dec-12 16:52:54

Congratulations Eggs thanks.

MW not coming until tomorrow now but we've had a couple of feeds with no posseting (as well as a mahoosive poosplosion) so feeling a bit happier about things. Also, thanks to whoever it was (Pidge I think) who suggested a muslin smelling of mummy in the moses basket. He's had two really decent naps in there today and fx he might sleep there for at least some of tonight.

Bellaboo123 Thu 06-Dec-12 21:33:03

Congrats eggs and welcome Felix

We had the heel test and weigh in today, she'd lost 5% of her birth weight and the MW said she thinks we're both doing excellently which was nice of her to say.

Cord fell off today yay!

spotty has Felix got a slight tongue tie? Aurelia has and I can get the lipstick nipple sometimes which they say can be linked...just a thought. Fx he's home with you soon.

We're having bright toxic orange poo-slosions now anyone else? MW said normal! Unbelievable!!!

PurplePidjChickIsNotTheMessiah Thu 06-Dec-12 21:36:25

I hada couple of days of fluorescent orange, now back to green/yellow confused

Bellaboo123 Fri 07-Dec-12 01:36:11

Seems like we're back to green and brown too...rainbow coloured poo! wink

I don't think so Bella dp has one though hmm

Most the time my nipple is just a bit more pointy than usual does that still mean the latch is bad? They're talking about us going home Monday trying not to get too excited though. He had his first bf without a tube top up and only started stirring when I went down after three hours!

SeymoreInOz Fri 07-Dec-12 07:11:08

Congratulations eggnog!

DS did a huge poo on me right after he was born (apparently because it was so fast). That was Monday and he hasn't had a poo since! The MW isn't worried but he seems a bit uncomfortable. I'm still feeding/holding all the time and it is getting quite tiring now!

Bellaboo123 Fri 07-Dec-12 07:46:54

That's great news spotty here's hoping he's home on Monday. How's you're DD ear infection has she been able to meet Felix yet?

seymour I'm laying here too with A dosing on my chest, so adorable but so tiring too, totally understand!

Dd came in for about ten minutes the other day but the next day her cough returned full force! She's so sad she can't see him but hopefully it won't be long. She hasn't finished her antibiotics for her ear yet but I think that's pretty much cleared up. All I can smell is breast milk confused

RarelyUnreasonable Fri 07-Dec-12 08:17:52

Hello, I was on the antenatal thread back in the very beginning (namechanged from iss imma). Would love to rejoin for postnatal support and tales about our gorgeous babies.
Ds2 was born 2 weeks ago (early as elcs). He sleeps by day and feeds by night.
Breastfeeding going ok (tingly leaky boobs though). Am in shock as dc1 and I just couldn't do it, and very relieved.
DH been on paternity leave so toddler care has been ok, and DM is coming up tomorrow - v lucky. Not really in pain, but struggle to manoeuvre myself and trying to take it v easy. Tbh, natural delivery recovery was harder!
And a smug boast - I wore non-mat clothes yesterday grin.

WeeJo08 Fri 07-Dec-12 08:22:23

Morning everyone!

Remembered to post on this board! Hope everyone's doing okay. We had a lovely day yesterday after an awful day on Wednesday - I think I cried for the entire day! (Or that's what it felt like!) It didn't matter that I knew it was the hormones, I was just so upset at everything. I coincided with my milk coming in more so at least I felt better yesterday as I wasn't crying non-stop AND had more milk! I was also so, so sore on Wednesday but yesterday (and today) I feel much better.

This breastfeeding business is challenging, isn't it?? I bet it was a man who decided to call it "natural" and not send the memo to our boobs or our babies. I have managed to express this morning - think I've got just over 50 ml - no idea if this is good or bad?! Going to be strict today and do it every 2 hours...try to build up a stock. Claudia is feeding better on the breast, but still isn't entirely satisfied I don't think.

We had a lovely and very helpful visit from the midwife yesterday (even though we had to do the horrible heel prick test) - she weighed Claudia and told us that she is doing really well and is now up to 3% of her birth weight so we're delighted with that. She also echoed what you said, Pidj and said the paediatrician should not have weighed her when he did as it was only Day 2. She was also shock that I was not offered any breastfeeding help or advice at the hospital, even though we were in for 2 days. She was very helpful though and helped me with positioning (you have to be quite forceful, dont you?) and I feel that Claudia is a little bit happier when feeding now.

Spotty You are doing amazingly well, it is fantastic how much you have managed to give Felix so far, but remember a happy Mum = a happy baby - you need to not be exhausted for when your wee man comes home! Which he will do very, very soon. By the way, did you get your heating fixed?

Congratulations Eggs!

Bellaboo Claudia's cord fell of yesterday too!

PurplePidjChickIsNotTheMessiah Fri 07-Dec-12 09:40:37

Congratulations, Rarely/Issima thanks

Men just don't seem to appreciate that we really do have to teach babies everything, including all this "natural" stuff. Walking and talking are natural and look how long that takes!

Tried co sleeping last night. 2x 2 hours sleep and my back is killing me hmm feel like i slept in the luggage compartment of a train, I'll be putting him in his crib tonight!

RarelyUnreasonable Fri 07-Dec-12 10:02:30

We are cord-free too grin.

DS feeds every 2 hrs throughout the night and every 4 hrs throughout the day. Any tips on how to swap this? Or is it a waiting game? Co-sleeping as well, as he screams in his cot, despite it being a bedside one! Seems to need boob in his face to nod off. He also latches on well in the day, but fusses, cries and struggles in the night. You'd think nature would set their body clocks better!

Yes thanks WeeJo smile

Well Felix is still feeding every 3-4 hours he just needs to stay off the oxygen another 26 hours and we can go on Sunday so if everyone could cross their fingers?!

rarely if it was me I would try feeding every three hours in the day, that's just me though. Felix also fusses and cries every time I try getting him to latch, he's also a really noisy feeder!

ISpyDingDongMerrilyOnHigh Fri 07-Dec-12 11:37:23

Congratulation Rarely and welcome back thanks. Lovely that bf is going so well and envy re the non-maternity clothes!

Spotty - great to hear that they're talking about Felix coming home. Will keep everything crossed for you.

Mw has just been - Nathaniel has put 5oz on!!! Tbh, think there might be a little bit of discrepancy between the scales as it seems a lot, but just so pleased esp given posset situation. He was also v brave for his heel prick.

Honeycantthinkofanxmasnickname Fri 07-Dec-12 11:50:27

Just had 6 week check up and all good smile

Was that for both you and Dash honey? Glad everything is going well smile

Honeycantthinkofanxmasnickname Fri 07-Dec-12 14:30:14

Yeah spotty for both of us. smile Dash weed all over the dr too!

PurplePidjChickIsNotTheMessiah Fri 07-Dec-12 18:39:51

Tonight we will be wetting the baby's head... How bad is a small glass of bubbly when bfing? hmm

Honeycantthinkofanxmasnickname Fri 07-Dec-12 18:47:29

Absolutely fine pidj. At our bf workshop they said you can drink about the same amount as if you were driving. I don't drive but can guess! They also said slightly more is prob fine but a hangover doesn't mix with a newborn!

Have fun pidj smile dp is doing the same tonight I think with his brothers and dad

PurplePidjChickIsNotTheMessiah Fri 07-Dec-12 19:34:07

Teehee, large one it is grin

Honeycantthinkofanxmasnickname Fri 07-Dec-12 19:42:54

Go for it pidj you deserve it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now