Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just Mumming Along (viroids 2)

(1000 Posts)
Eskarina Mon 14-May-12 20:10:19

Tried to post on the original thread and my post got rejected as its full! Have copied and pasted below....

Congrats on the job offer ttl...hope the other one comes up trumps for you too.

Dd isn't quite crawling yet, but would very much like to. She is the queen of the Klingons at the moment, and has a meltdown the second I put her down, look in the opposite direction, or if someone else so much as looks at her. Not all the time thankfully, but definitely for part of every day.

On the bf thing, it's so personal.....I've just dropped doing the afternoon feed myself be cause dd is so distractible that she bobs on and off, which I don't like around other people, and now she finally has teeth the constant latch on/off was really hurting. I just bf once a day, our morning snuggle when she's nice and calm. I would be sad to give that one up just yet.

tiredteddy Thu 06-Jun-13 11:04:54

That's a shame Something. Will they try and air it another day instead?

Hey Wing how are you today?

WingDefence Thu 06-Jun-13 15:37:27

That's a shame something.

I am having a lovely day thanks tired! I always wake up in a crappy mood if I've had a 'bad' night (and they aren't thy bad really) but tend to hit my stride by 9-10 depending on what I'm doing!

Isn't child's news lovely smile Hope she'll join us on here soon!

WingDefence Thu 06-Jun-13 15:39:54

And well done on the weight loss something! I am seriously overweight. Whoever said breastfeeding made the weight drop was lying not counting all the cake, biscuits and crisps I've been choffing hmm

tiredteddy Thu 06-Jun-13 18:36:18

Yeah fab weight loss!

I'm also over weight. I am back in all my pre-pregnancy clothes but definitely have a muffin top now blushconfused not my best look! I keep having good intentions about cutting out treat and low carbing but I am rubbish at sticking to it.

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Fri 07-Jun-13 08:58:59

wing breastfeeding means you loose it quicker, but you won't loose it all until you stop feeding. Your body retains enough to support the milk production.

Thankyou! Hoping for 3lb off this week as that makes a stone.

off to do some baby market research in london either tuesday or wednesday

WingDefence Sat 08-Jun-13 11:01:43

Thanks frustrated.

DD has created a new sleeping issue out of thin air. The past few nights she's awoken around now desperately trying to find her thumb (which she's just discovered in the same time) but failing to unclench it from her little fist so ends up crying and waking up. It's most frustrating! Last Friday night she went her longest (11-6) but the past few nights hasn't made it past 2:30. hmm

Any ideas?!

WingDefence Sat 08-Jun-13 11:03:12

"around now" should have been around 2am but I started typing it at 2 and didn't change it before finally posting!

tiredteddy Sat 08-Jun-13 12:19:48

Wing.... A dummy?

WingDefence Mon 10-Jun-13 03:22:58

Morning all!

I know there are pros and cons to both dummies and thumbs but DD found her thumb yesterday so the decision's been taken out of my hands!

DS used to suck the tag in his Steiff bear's ear and we bought DD one too but haven't properly given it to her yet - it'll go in the cot with her when she moves into it in a few weeks and we've just been playing with it so far - but finding her thumb has taken that out of the equation too.

It's worked to a certain degree anyway - she sucked her thumb for 20 mins (that I heard, it may have been longer but she was noisy about it!) but wasn't calming down so I got her up for a feed anyway after a couple of short cries. I wonder if she would've been fine if I hadn't got her up? hmm

Hope you all had lovely weekends smile

tiredteddy Wed 12-Jun-13 22:58:35

Hey Wing, it nice if your dd sucks her thumb. I think it helps with the whole self-soothing/settling thing when our babies have a comforter of any kind. Ds1 has a teddy, ds2 has a blanket and dd seems to be becoming attached to a little duck. So well done your dd in mastering her thumb sucking skills! smile

In other news I am going to Barcelona on Friday and taking dd with me! Gorky weekend indeed wink

WingDefence Thu 13-Jun-13 03:21:37

Gorky weekend - is that a typo or am I just missing the reference?! confused

Good luck taking her away! The main thing is remember about taking DS on a flight (and he was 9 months) is I fed him (ff) on take off and landing to get him swallowing and I used ready made cartons but I can't remember if I had to open one and taste it for security reasons hmm

tiredteddy Thu 13-Jun-13 07:29:14

Should say girly!!! confusedwink

Thanks for advice about feeding her I'll do that.

WingDefence Thu 13-Jun-13 08:58:08

Aha! I thought Gorky was Russian so got confused!

DD is back up to five hour stretches now hurrah! She had 3oz of ff last night at 9-9:30 as she hadn't gone down for long at 8:30 (which seems to be when she's tired enough to go to bed) and went from 10 till 3:25. Happy with that smile

tiredteddy Thu 13-Jun-13 11:26:54

That's great. You always feel mire human if it's only one wake-up to feed! Well done wings dd!

Wow just been shopping for holiday had my boobs.mesured and come in at 44gg! 2 babies 12 konths apart does that I guess

WingDefence Sun 16-Jun-13 09:03:26

Blimey something!

I should get mine measured too but I am rubbish and haven't had them done since I was about 37 weeks. I alternate between two bras that fit well in the daytime (a pair I got in M&S when I was pg) and some bras that are faaaaar too small at nighttime, that are basically there to hold the pads in place but sometimes fail

DD woke on Friday night/Sat morning at 2:40 but that's because she had kicked off her sheet and blanket so last night she was in a (blue pirate) sleeping bag for the first time and slept 11-6. And she actually went down at 7:455 but I woke her at 10:30 for her feed. We all feel refreshed this morning and she's been asleep since 8 too so we are having a nice time with DS for Father's Day over breakfast smile

Hope all your OH's have a lovely day too! thanks

ChildOfThe1980s Tue 18-Jun-13 17:41:42

Hi everyone smile

I see that there is lots of sleep talk on here- this is my 'obsession' at the moment too.

DD slept well (in 3 or up to 4 hour blocks mostly) last week, but this week she is sleeping for 2 hours, feeding and not settling for 2 and then sleeping for 2. This Really is not enough sleep for me- I am finding it very hard. sad I have a nap every afternoon, but it's never enough.

Haha! Im getting used to underwired bras again.

On the subject of sleep henry sleeps through smile hooe he does when we go on holiday.

Im on a group on fb of people who all had their babies in feb. A little boy was born with downs synfrome and a heart defect. Hes just had open heart sugery and whilst hes been in hospital we have raised over £1000 for him to have sensory things at home

WingDefence Tue 18-Jun-13 20:34:39

Child that's tough. What do you mean by 'not settling' for two hours?

something that's brilliant of you and the other Feb ladies - poor little boy.

tiredteddy Wed 19-Jun-13 21:35:43

Hi all, well travelling with dd couldn't have been better. She was such a good girl. Not a peep on the plane, she smiled at everyone that looked at her, she dipped her tiny toes in the sea and slept in her pram in the evening and transferred into bed without waking. The boys missed us but had a brilliant time camping with DH and my DSis and her DH.

Child that does sound tough wrt the sleep. Not sure what to suggest though!

Great fundraising something.

Hey wing!

Is that all of us on here?

Pineapple80 Fri 21-Jun-13 11:08:38

Hi ladies! DS is a week old today & hope i can officially join you on here smile.

He is feeding well & sleeping has been up and down but he is only a week old so think he is doing great so far.

ChildOfThe1980s Fri 21-Jun-13 17:04:46

I mean being awake - so feeding for a bit, burping, being put in her crib but not falling asleep, repeat.

I have been working on getting her to fall asleep by herself after only one go at feeding, and that has generally been working, but it didn't last night. I think I have to accept that I just don't have babies who sleep well - although it's early days for her so hopefully it'll get better.

Tired that sounds like a lovely relaxed holiday. smile

Welcome Pineapple- glad he's doing well. x

CuriosityCola Sat 22-Jun-13 10:12:47

Just a quick birth announcement. Not sure if you guys will remember me and I can't see any of the original just Mumming crowd ttl, val, frak, dyna etc

I had my little boy two weeks ago. A fast and natural delivery. So healing well. Little one is a boob monster and my toddler isn't impressed. Will hopefully get back on here and caught up at some point. Good to see so many of the grads also have their little bundles. smile

tiredteddy Sat 22-Jun-13 13:49:42

Congrats all round! Nice to see you Curiosity, Child and pineapple x

This thread is not accepting new messages.