The Beautiful Ones, still sharing the love for Prince.

(657 Posts)
Destinysdaughter Fri 20-May-16 11:29:49

The old thread is full so here's a new one to carry on sharing the love!

Destinysdaughter Fri 20-May-16 11:31:20

Hi all, I'm back from Ibiza, such a shock to come back to grey England! Glad pp liked that article, I thought it was v profound. When Prince died, a lot of my tears were in fact grief for myself, regrets of times I hadn't seen him, missed opportunities and longing for my lost youth as well as a recognition that our time on earth is short indeed. The article reminded me of these beautiful words, which I'd like to share with you all.

Our Deepest Fear
by Marianne Williamson
from A Return To Love: Reflections on the Principles of A Course in Miracles

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

ComputerBlue Fri 20-May-16 12:12:02

Hello Destiny! smile

ComputerBlue Fri 20-May-16 12:16:41

That's a lovely post Destiny, hope you had a good holiday!

ComputerBlue Fri 20-May-16 12:36:22

Mayte's tattoo is really beautiful and the video will make you cry but I don't know if there's a way to link to Instagram videos, it's on her account anyway maytejannell

Destinysdaughter Fri 20-May-16 12:56:24

blog.kexp.org/nothing-compares-2-u-a-celebration-of-the-life-and-music-of-prince/

Just found this, a 4 hour celebration of Prince!

buttermymuffins Fri 20-May-16 13:23:46

I'm liking over 1k posts! I got my purple underwear from here.
http://www.very.co.uk/freya-freya-hero-underwired-side-support-plunge-bra/1600039578.prd?_requestid=155998
I love Freya bras as I find they fit my ample bosom perfectly, but if you search 'purple bra' on Very there are a good few. I was prancing around this morning in my new sousvêtements singing Purple Bra, Purple Bra much to dh delight/bemusement. My dss say they are blue but I'm having none of it!
Glad Ibiza was good destiny.

Shboogiebop Fri 20-May-16 13:43:34

Ooh thank goodness, I was completely shocked when the thread said it wasn't accepting new posts, I'm a complete newbie so had no idea that 1000 was the limit.
Thanks Butter, I'll have a look at Very, I'm a big boobs girl too so Freya is great for me.

ComputerBlue Fri 20-May-16 14:05:04

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFnDvSMu74l/?hl=en

Cocolepew Fri 20-May-16 14:08:34

Hello! Hope you enjoyed your holiday Destiny smile.

buttermymuffins Fri 20-May-16 14:45:27

My other rash purchase!

Shboogiebop Fri 20-May-16 16:23:18

Mayte's tattoo is beautiful. Thanks Compluterblue, the video did make me cry!

Destinysdaughter Fri 20-May-16 16:55:13

butter ooh exciting! Not heard any of that album.

Destinysdaughter Fri 20-May-16 16:59:03

That tattoo is nice. There were loads of tattoo parlour in Ibiza and it did cross my mind to get one but if I ever did, I'd think it out really carefully, as you've got to live with it forever!smile

buttermymuffins Fri 20-May-16 19:51:15

Destiny there are still a few cheeky lines in there, such as : she's old enough to do you, but too young to dare. grin

TonightYoureAStar Fri 20-May-16 21:09:58

Hola destiny! Thanks for setting up the new thread, so my prince fixes today came from a lovely cover of little red corvette by Richard Ashcroft, who's another one of my music Heroes that I've been reenlightened to lately -

www.facebook.com/thepurplestream/posts/685600951579455

Also the beautiful poem from shelby j
fb.me/4xOQowMy3

And this purple bra which I may just get on pay day

www.simplybe.co.uk/shop/talia-t-shirt-bra-b-gg/TH167/product/details/show.action?pdBoUid=3608&ifpla:&ci_sku=TH16715&ci_src=18615224&ifdyn:&promo=6230&cm_mmc=Googlebase-_-Simplybe-_-Product%20Feeds-_-na&gclid=CjwKEAjw6_q5BRCOp-Hj-IfHwncSJABMtDaivObyvlCdZF43HK6PyJyfZo95ElO2jd17DPpiWh6btBoCEP7w_wcB#colour:Purple,size:

smile

TonightYoureAStar Fri 20-May-16 21:22:36

Oops sorry this is the richard Ashcroft clip

www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/listen-to-richard-ashcrofts-haunting-cover-of-princes-little-red-corvette

HRHlikeahornyponywould Fri 20-May-16 22:32:13

Hello everyone! Just checking into the new page

DriveMeToTennessee Fri 20-May-16 23:07:07

Can I rejoin the thread? Dornish/Superfunky here, had some issues with being potentially outed in RL, I tried to stay away from MN for a bit as thought I could do with a break but missed it too much, particularly this thread! If it's ok, I'm back (with another inspired username) 😀

ComputerBlue Fri 20-May-16 23:27:21

Ah I'm glad you're back I missed you!

Destinysdaughter Fri 20-May-16 23:36:16

Welcome back funkyDornish! Hope everything's ok? X

DriveMeToTennessee Fri 20-May-16 23:44:12

Ah thanks Computer, Destinys flowers

Yeah I'm fine thanks, all ok here 🙂 Got a bit well very anxious I'd put too much personal info on some threads that would be seen in RL... I tried banning myself from MN but I think I'm addicted! Love this place and this is probably one of my fave ever threads

Shboogiebop Sat 21-May-16 02:20:00

youtu.be/V73RS-aRUDA

22 minutes of beautiful!

darlingnikki Sat 21-May-16 03:40:19

Great article:
www.craveonline.com/music/986625-prince-rogers-nelson-june-7-1958-april-21-2016

princeismagic Sat 21-May-16 07:54:37

Morning all! Just joining the new thread. Welcome back from Ibiza destiny. Liking he name change tennessee.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now