A plea for help in finding this Maileg Mouse!

(234 Posts)
LittleEsme Tue 26-Mar-13 20:38:42

I can't bear it any longer!
DD7 lost her dear, much loved Maileg Mouse on our camping trip last year in France. She broke her heart and even tonight, we had some tears (she's also tired and strung out with tonsillitis, so very much run down). I've attempted many times to find a replacement online but no luck. They do still sell them, but with varying themes and styles.

DD's mouse looks very much like this one, but a browny mouse with brown/faun clothes instead of pink. I've searched everywhere and my only hope really is ebay so I keep checking. The other hope is that someone out there has one that's sitting and not really adored, and is willing to sell it to me!

StillSquirrelling Thu 06-Nov-14 23:13:29

I've only just stumbled across this, but wish I'd seen it in real time. I actually have that exact same mouse that I bought for DD2 for her 2nd bday back in 2011. She was never really that bothered with it so it's still in excellent condition.

Glad there was a happy ending though - the kindness of strangers is a powerful thing smile

Cataline Tue 04-Nov-14 18:19:41

I've only just seen this too- it made me cry!
We got a maileg pixie for our "Elf on the Shelf" last year and DS adored him. He was a naughty pixie but DS forgave all bad behaviour including racing his precious dinosaurs. On Christmas Eve, my plan was that the pixie would return to the North Pole, leaving behind a fabulous box of treats for us all and we'd spend a lovely Christmas Eve, in our new pjs, watching a new DVD and eating the delicious snacks. What actually happened was that DS, upon spotting the bag of delights, immediately twigged that his beloved elf had gone and completely and utterly broke down, sobbing in a desperate and heartbroken way. My stoic, stern DH also burst into tears at which point I lost it and my fabulous planned Christmas Eve descended into utter despair. After about 40 minutes of crying, DH looked at me imploringly and mouthed "I can't do this" through his tears, we then managed to convince DS that his elf would want him to at least put his new special pjs on and when he finally settled to watch the new DVD, occasionally stifling a new sob, I sneaked upstairs to liberate the elf from the cupboard and place it back on DS's pillow. When he finally went up to bed, still red-eyed and sad, he spotted the elf, burst into tears again and shrieked "He came back!! He came back because he knew how much I loved him and missed him!" Cue DH and I bursting into fresh tears and many happy hugs. Needless to say, the elf has remained with us all year although (luckily!) his magic has waned somewhat so he doesn't get up to too much mischief. DS thinks he'll get his magic back as Christmas approaches- I think he may be right!
I think he may also be joined by a girl elf and possibly even a mouse (who've been in the Christmas cupboard since January!) grin

Coconutty Tue 04-Nov-14 18:00:22

I love this, fab thread.

Nombrechanger Tue 07-Jan-14 19:42:45

I missed this too. What a beautiful story. It's like a roller coaster of a story with a fantastic ending. Hope you and your wonderful family are well and little Matilda is firmly still in her grasp! If you want me to ever send a postcard from Matilda's friend, then let me know. X

moldingsunbeams Tue 31-Dec-13 14:48:38

Completely missed this somehow, Mumsnetters are amazing!

Angelico Tue 23-Jul-13 13:15:32

I never knew how this thread ended - so happy it ended so beautifully smile I love MN when it's like this smile

[Hugs all round for the 'vipers' x]

Notafoodbabyanymore Mon 22-Jul-13 14:32:35

Hehehe... oops! smile

Notafoodbabyanymore Mon 22-Jul-13 14:31:17

What a wonderful story. I've only just seen this thread, but my DD2 was born right in the middle of the action (22nd of April). Her name? Matilda! (smile)

johnworf Mon 22-Jul-13 10:26:04

ooops!!! Here

johnworf Mon 22-Jul-13 10:25:01

Awww what a lovely thread. smile I love the idea of a mouse diary. That's brilliant stuff.

I was going to recommend getting Maileg from here but all's well that ends well.
x smile

perplexedpirate Sat 13-Jul-13 22:49:57

What a beautiful, amazing story. smile

ILovePonyo Sat 13-Jul-13 22:34:40

Aww. I just read the whole thread and may have had a tear or ten in my eye.

LittleEsme you and your dd sound fab. thanks to all the mn-ers who helped, what a lovely story smile

Beckamaw Sat 13-Jul-13 22:17:16

This is just awesome. Thanks for letting me read it. Properly choked up!

Oh gosh I've just found this thread and I too am gulping back tears! What a gorgeous story.

MysteriousHamster Thu 11-Jul-13 18:23:45

This thread had rolled off my 'threads I'm on' page so I just thought to search for the terms today.

Now I'm in floods of tears. Lovely lovely lovely story.

I'm so happy for you all, OP.

Featherbag Sun 19-May-13 20:39:56

Tears here too! What a lovely, lovely story!

Iwantmybed Sun 19-May-13 20:30:37

Great story, sobbing now..

mrsyattering Sun 19-May-13 20:02:43

I read the whole thread in bed this morning, was blubbing like a baby when dh woke up! What a wonderful tale, do print out and keep it, she sounds like a lovely dd and you a wonderful mummy flowers

LentilAsAnything Mon 13-May-13 23:11:10

I love the update. I feel all sparkly. Wow, magic. I think printing this out for your daughter to see when she is older is a super idea. Happy.

Flozle Mon 13-May-13 21:00:17

So happy. Still sobbing.

ZipItShrimpy Mon 13-May-13 08:55:59

Just read this thread from start to finish. What a fabulously, heart warming, happy ending tale.

I feel all fuzzy inside! smile

Whitewineformeplease Mon 13-May-13 08:27:36

Another one in tears here, what a fantastic thread. Makes me feel all warm inside. smile

Goosebumps. I have goosebumps.

tribpot Mon 13-May-13 08:00:38

What a fantastic story, am so pleased for your DD. definitely not crying

A truly brilliant response from everyone involved in the mouse's journey home but most particularly Fabia. Awesome.

GoofyIsACow Mon 13-May-13 07:43:06

What an amazing story!

not crying honestly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now