to be slick with horn at the racist, sexist and homophobic fest

(175 Posts)
Alameda Fri 15-Jun-12 16:23:32

. . . that is euro 2012?

have been loving it until today when my daughter expressed disgust at the sexism and homophobia (I just added racism for good measure) and said footballers should DO something with their privilege - obviously that would be NICE but in meantime surely we are allowed to enjoy watching it?

ShatnersBassoon Fri 15-Jun-12 16:41:15

Righty-ho, so not an autocorrect howler. I feel a bit grubby now.

Alameda Fri 15-Jun-12 16:41:27

yes Wallace! Thank you (I really am very tired)

whattodoo Fri 15-Jun-12 16:41:37

Dirrrrrrty

LentillyFart Fri 15-Jun-12 16:42:06

You and me both Wallace. Too old and too damned tired. grin

tethersend Fri 15-Jun-12 16:42:11

Alameda Fri 15-Jun-12 16:42:20

sorry blush

LentillyFart Fri 15-Jun-12 16:43:49

Wallace Oh God - I really am too old. I mean, of course, McKayz

Sorry Wallace blush

ThisAintKansas Fri 15-Jun-12 16:44:23

I was in Poland last week. It was fabulous. 25,000 Irish fans there, 99.99999% of whom behaved impeccably. The atmopshere was amazing (despite Ireland being absolute shite on the pitch).

Racism, homophobia and sexism happen everywhere, everyday. I've been to every major tournament in the last 12 yrs, including South Africa, where apparently we were all going to be raped and murdered.

I find the people who bang on the most about 'awful football tournaments' have usually never actually been to one (no offence, as I am sure your DD is just a young girl).

McKayz Fri 15-Jun-12 16:44:46

I have tried to google it but got a flood in Utah. confused

Poulay Fri 15-Jun-12 16:44:51

Do you have a webcam?

LentillyFart Fri 15-Jun-12 16:45:43

<<< spits tea @ Poulay>>>

grin

TheVermiciousKnid Fri 15-Jun-12 16:45:49

Well, you never know, it might have flooded Utah.

PandaWatch Fri 15-Jun-12 16:47:19

Oh.

OH!

EWWWWWWW!!!!!

NicNocJnr Fri 15-Jun-12 16:47:55

Slick with horn!! grin

I'm sorry, we're a football negative household but slick with horn has me rolling!

Probably won't ever use it but have passed it on to DH, who coincidentally advised I go for a lie down! So, so grim (in the nicest, kindest possible way iyswim)
I think I agree with your DD.

Alameda Fri 15-Jun-12 16:49:37

slick with horn is my phrase! can't be googled or used by others hmm

ok there is always name changing

NicNocJnr Fri 15-Jun-12 16:50:31

Lol @ McKayz

I think I'm going to try and keep Utah in my head rather than the alternative grin
apart from the sad flooding of course.

I should get a ™ on it straightaway then OP.

Psammead Fri 15-Jun-12 16:57:31

Crying here.

For all you innocents out there, OP means that the football has made her feel hot under the gusset collar and a bit tropical south of the equator.

Men in shorts playing with their balls and so forth.

grin

Poulay Fri 15-Jun-12 16:57:46

Wonder if I should start another thread about how to erase the mental image of the OP sitting on the sofa, remote control in one hand, marital aid in the other, moaning at the sight of Wayne Rooney putting in a hard tackle.

ShatnersBassoon Fri 15-Jun-12 16:59:42

"Wonder if I should start another thread about how to erase the mental image of the OP sitting on the sofa, remote control in one hand, marital aid in the other, moaning at the sight of Wayne Rooney putting in a hard tackle."

Yes, yes you should, immediately. Thanks for that.

McKayz Fri 15-Jun-12 17:00:36

Oh is that it. Why didn't the OP just say so?

Isn't that a normal thing to happen most weekends during the season? It is in my house.

But certainly not Wayne Rooney.

Alameda Fri 15-Jun-12 17:00:57

don't ruin it with words like marital!

obviously am not actually wanking while I watch - would have been arrested by now for public order offence, surely? Also can only concentrate on one thing at a time

am just wondering if it is sort of unethical to draw this pleasure from something that is so institutionally ummmmm unsound

anyway France and Ukraine now, yum

JenaiMarrHePlaysGuitar Fri 15-Jun-12 17:01:25

lolol grin

I must admit to taking rather too much interest in one of the Grands Prixs (is that the correct plural?) recently, when it was jolly hot and somtething had happened and they were all undoing their race suits.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that I was slick with horn however.

<boak>

So but wait, the slick I get (can't believe I'm typing this) but "with horn"?

why do I care

Alibabaandthe40nappies Fri 15-Jun-12 17:02:09

YABU because footballers are weedy specimens and not at all attractive.

Poulay - dear god, thanks for that shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now