Recurrent miscarriage testing and beyond.. Part 6.. Over here!

(995 Posts)
orangebowl Fri 28-Dec-12 18:55:56

We have filled up the last thread so here is the next.. Deep breath and grit your teeth for the roller coaster of emotions that continues... Hope tea and butterfly and all find it!

twentythirteen Mon 04-Feb-13 17:17:18

Good luck with your gp LandsN. That's awful timing for a mc.

Goodness Tea, I'm presuming this is a familiar state of play for you, such long cycles? Poor you. What dpo are you, or has the brown spotting since materialised into something more?

And yes, I think being older means that most of my same age and older friends have already set up their families and I don't mind so much about the pregnancies of people I don't know so well as I don't have to engage with the conversation, I can just smile as if I'm pleased and run off! It's mostly my good friend and my OH's friend. Oh, I forgot another of OH's close friends... oh dear, perhaps I'm in denial!

I should be gearing up for ovulation here but have minimal signs...

orangebowl Mon 04-Feb-13 20:42:17

Hi all. Welcome to newbys grin

Well I got home to a letter from the midwife who did my booking appointment on Tuesday (almost a week ago) saying to contact my GP as my urine sample showed an infection and needs treating hmm

Given my history of 4 consecutive miscarriages you might have thought they would flippin call me!

So now I am all worried that the infection could cause another miscarriage. Will call docs first thing to see if they will get a prescription ready but soo annoyed that wasted a week.
Rant over. Love to all. X

teaandchocolate Mon 04-Feb-13 21:35:50

Hi School. Just wanted to say quickly that I had an infection when I was pregnant with DD - think using progesterone pessaries caused it. They didn't even seem to know what it was - one Dr said BV and one said strep B. Anyway I was worried about taking antibiotics when pregnant and noone could really reassure me. Consultant said wait til after 12 weeks. Anyway by then (which was actually 1 week later) it had cleared up. So I guess what I'm saying is try not to worry. I googled and think BV is more of a risk in late pregnancy. Agree its really ridiculous they didn't just ring you!!!

orangebowl Mon 04-Feb-13 21:49:00

Ah thanks tea. That's reassuring actually. I will just calm down and call the docs in the morning and see what they say. Will update tomorrow. I'm soo tired today.. Lights off time! X

twentythirteen Thu 07-Feb-13 17:58:33

That would have annoyed me too School, what happened in the end?

I'm cd 13 here and have unclear opk's for the last 36 hours, very annoying.

Where's everyone else cycle wise?

orangebowl Thu 07-Feb-13 19:37:35

Hey twenty. That IS annoying! I know they are expensive but I swore by the clearblue smiley face ones... Saves all that squinting at least!

Well when I Called but all the midwives were out and the receptionist at the hospital INSISTED that the midwives would have tried to call me first. I said they didn't as I had no missed calls. She said it again. I said "so if I call back the midwives will have a record of the time they true to call me". She said he they would. Humph. Well I haven't had chance to phone back yet and to be honest will probably just mention it at my next appointment.

So I've picked up the antibiotics from y docs and hopefully that is clearing it up.

Should be 12 weeks on Saturday. Scan Monday. Wow I'm scared...

teaandchocolate Thu 07-Feb-13 19:45:27

Wow School can't believe you're nearly 12 weeks. I know how nervous you must feel but I'm keeping everything crossed for you at this end. Really hope you're out next good news story!! Try not to worry about the hospital - if it was anything even vaguely serious they would have made more effort to get in touch.

Twenty I don't bother with those opks as have such erratic cycles I can't use or rely on them. Just keep dtd!!

AF arrive yesterday - woo hoo! Day 52 or something ridiculous. But I feel surprisingly ok despite my best friend just having a baby. Hoping next cycle will be the one. Decided to just dtd every other day and hope and pray for the best....

twentythirteen Thu 07-Feb-13 20:07:38

Fx re the antibiotics School and good luck Monday - I can't recall if you've had previous scans? Presuming so if you're on this thread but I don't recall. Good, good, good luck to you for Monday.

Whoa Tea, that's looong. Here's to a new and hopefully more concise month for you. As for us, DTD isn't very straight forward so I do need the sticks or wouldn't have a hope in hell. Fx!

teaandchocolate Thu 07-Feb-13 20:56:03

Tell me about it! I was going insane with all that build up of hormones. Hoping this cycle I will be more relaxed and positive. It's just such a long saga which is why losing the baby at the end of it is even more gutting.

I've also heard from a friend in the know that the clearblue opks are the best although really expensive. How often do you use them?

GuppieK Thu 07-Feb-13 21:06:07

Tea, thank goodness AF has come, finally! I always feel much better when it does because of the not knowing and just because I think I'm a grumpy cow just before anyway..!

Twenty, I'm on day 18 today. I tried opks this month for first time. I used to use Persona as contraception and always ovulated days 13/14 pretty much. Was really surprised they seemed to indicate I ov'ed days 16/17. Maybe it's why we haven't had much luck. Been trying to dtd every other day but prob was more fixated on days 10-16ish. We'll see anyway. Soooo many work colleagues pregnant at mo. Good thing is I think they're making me immune from the resentment I used to feel every time I heard a new announcement!

butterfly86 Thu 07-Feb-13 21:41:47

Hi everyone!
Congrats on getting so far school fingers crossed for you for monday!!

Tea I'm pleased af arrived so you know where you are hoping this will be your month!

I'm on cd15 I had to actually check before I wrote this get me I'm not obsessing! Not that I can forget about it totally I'm too tuned in to my body the cm is giving it away that ov is looming! We're still just "seeing how it goes" and just dtd when we feel like it not because it's the right time which is actually really nice the pressure is off and we are more relaxed than we have been in a while.

Twenty I used clearblue ov stick when we first started ttc I never actually got a positive but I now realise I started them too early in my cycle followed the instructions and started on cd10 I now know it's more like day 18! If I used ov sticks again I would still use them because you don't have to guess if it's positive it's either smiley or it's not I know they aren't cheap though x

orangebowl Thu 07-Feb-13 21:44:40

Hey Tea, twenty and Guppie

Tea- YEY for AF! That's great news. Hopefully all that ambiguity over for you now. (Plus you can relax for the next week grin) and yes I know you are right that hospital would have called me. I was just being super sensitive about it. And yes I know I can't believe 12 weeks is nearly here. I can only think in terms of last scan though so in head an still at 10+2.

Twenty. Thanks for your messages. Yes I've had scans at 6, 8 and 10 weeks all been good so far and since having DS the 10 wk scan looking perfect (measured 10+2) is the furthest we have got. So hoping its the aspirin and heparin working... But still keep saying to DH when planning ahead "so if this pregnancy works out we can't go on holiday in July but if it goes wrong wee could do X, Y and Z etc.. " just can't let myself be too hopeful.

Anyway. Day off work tomorrow then weekend then scan on Monday. It's going to be a long few days.. Will keep you all posted. X

teaandchocolate Thu 07-Feb-13 22:43:20

Thanks everyone for all the AF congratulations!! Makes me chuckle that so many people on the Internet are cheering my period! Love this forum grin

Hi Butterfly and Guppie! Butterfly glad you're feeling so chilled and laid back - hope that will rub off on me for this cycle!

Guppie I so think part of the reason for my meltdown was all the pmt but who knows. Totally get what you mean about becoming immune to pregnancy announcements. I've also given up thinking well hopefully I'll be pregnant by the time they have their baby... I seem to cope much better when the baby's out though. It's as if I then realise actually I don't want their baby. But I do find all the bumps really tough...

LandsN Thu 07-Feb-13 23:24:42

Hi ladies I am cd19 today would this be too early for a bfp as I am feeling a few symptoms but done a test today and it was negative? Was not sure if I just too early or if I am imagining symptoms xx

orangebowl Fri 08-Feb-13 07:27:45

Hey lands. Do you know when you ovulated? Cd19 is pretty early on on average. Try and give it a couple more days If you can and try again. All the waiting is frustrating isn't it!

LandsN Fri 08-Feb-13 07:35:17

I think I worked it out to be about the 22/1 I feel like I could be pg but not sure if its in my head I feel like I have been waiting forever will try again in a few days fingers crossed thank you x

GuppieK Fri 08-Feb-13 10:21:34

Ha, it is quite mad now you mention it Tea! It's like every little step that most people don't even think about is a goal passed when you've had mcs! If I - fingers crossed - get pregnant again soon I was thinking I'd just stay on this forum rather than using the pregnancy one because I feel like I belong here with the slightly paranoid people (!) rather than the optimistic happy ones...

School, that is amazing your 3 month scan is so soon. And it'll be a proper scan rather than the blimmin' internal ones, which are the only sort I've ever had. I am so looking forward to the day I might actually have one of those and not have to sit in a room full of sad worried people beforehand in the EPU :-(

teaandchocolate Fri 08-Feb-13 11:47:18

Lands if you ovulated on the 22 Jan then a test should show now - did you mean 19 dpo or cd19? If the latter then I don't think you could have ovulated on 22? Sorry if I'm getting confused!! Either way I completely know how frustrating it all is as I've spent the last few weeks wasting my money and energy on a million tests and was convinced I was pregnant for about 3 weeks!!

Guppie I'm exactly the same. Even the pregnant after mc forum is too jolly and optimistic for me! Somehow one mc seems like a blip and I'm sure they'll all be fine whereas 3 mc or more is too depressing to be sane whilst ttc!! I feel like its harder to delude myself I was just unlucky. Anyway glad we can all be neurotic together!

LandsN Fri 08-Feb-13 13:52:39

Sorry just checked my calander my ovulation date should have been 29/1 not 22/1 minds doing overdrive with dates etc x

teaandchocolate Fri 08-Feb-13 15:08:20

I usually test around 14 days after ovulation. If I'm using first response it will often show earlier - maybe 3 days before but for me I can't be sure until at least 14 days after ewcm

LandsN Fri 08-Feb-13 16:09:21

Ok thank you fingers crossed xx

orangebowl Fri 08-Feb-13 19:15:35

Hey lands. Same as tea for me. Xx

LandsN Fri 08-Feb-13 21:46:18

Thanks again I really feel pg feeling sick sore boobs etc just don't want to get my hopes up if its all in my mind is it possible to want something too much? Fingers crossed I am right x

twentythirteen Fri 08-Feb-13 23:00:51

Fingers crossed here too Tea!

Fingers crossed for you too LandsN!

Guppie, I struggled on my last pg thread with all the ease of happiness, and I didn't want to bring anyone down, and then realised I wasn't benefiting at all. I stayed on my previous mc thread, which I only dropped out if because we had all got pg and then I mc'd again. I still check in with them, especially when a hard won labour begins.

Tea, I know what you mean about the difference between another persons pregnancy and the actual baby, I'm with you on that, and here's another funny internet cheer for your period!!!

Butterfly (lovely name!), I have used cbdigis in the past but I've learned how to read the cheap ones, which allows me to test all the time.

twentythirteen Fri 08-Feb-13 23:02:36

Oops, am on phone so hard to scroll, think that first fingers crossed was a typo!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now