Recurrent miscarriage testing and beyond.. Part 6.. Over here!

(995 Posts)
orangebowl Fri 28-Dec-12 18:55:56

We have filled up the last thread so here is the next.. Deep breath and grit your teeth for the roller coaster of emotions that continues... Hope tea and butterfly and all find it!

twentythirteen Sat 02-Mar-13 19:17:19

Just wondering how you're doing Butterfly?

butterfly86 Sat 02-Mar-13 20:27:45

Hi twenty I feel dreadful today I'm bleeding heavily started passing clots in the shower this morning then it's just started again I feel like I'm going to pass out everytime I stand up. This is the earliest mc but by far the worst. How are you today?

teaandchocolate Sat 02-Mar-13 20:43:42

Oh no Butterfly sorry to hear its so bad. Have you got someone to look after you? Just rest as much as you can, take painkillers, hot water bottle and drink fluids. You will get through this and come out the other side. Are you worried about the amount of bleeding?

butterfly86 Sat 02-Mar-13 21:01:42

At the minute I'm not worried enough to go and get checked it's worse when I sit on the toilet and gets worse after I pass a clot. The last one was sort of clear but mixed with blood but a solid shape would that be the sac? The pain isn't too bad it's. mainly up in my cervix where I'm feeling it sitting down is uncomfortable but I've taken painkillers so it should ease. This is why erpc makes it easier takes all of this away. Never mind I'm not going to die so I'll just have to ride it out, thank you so much to you all for allowing me to say this it's good to have people that understand and can advise me dp is great but he panics about me bless him x

LandsN Sat 02-Mar-13 21:37:03

Oh butterfly I hope u feel better soon xx

teaandchocolate Sat 02-Mar-13 22:17:34

Hang on in there Butterfly it will be over soon you poor things. It's just so shit. That could be the sack I'm not sure. My only natural mc was just like a period really. Big hugs. Thinking about you tonight. Hope you get some sleep.

teaandchocolate Sat 02-Mar-13 22:17:56

Poor thing! Argh can't type!

butterfly86 Sat 02-Mar-13 22:28:30

My last mc was just like a period I thought I knew what to expect but it's totally different. I'm going to bed soon I'm exhausted hope I feel better in the morning x

Thank you Lands hope you aren't feeling too stressed x

teaandchocolate Sun 03-Mar-13 10:48:07

How are u

teaandchocolate Sun 03-Mar-13 10:48:48

Sorry! Meant to say how are you today Butterfly? Hope you had an ok night and the bleedings calmed down a bit.

butterfly86 Sun 03-Mar-13 14:35:54

Hi tea the bleeding has eased a bit now and then it gets a bit heavier but it's better than last night and I feel better just very tired I'm still in my pyjamas. Still a bit crampy though. I'm being a right moody bitch today though I know I'm doing it but can't help it poor dp x

LandsN Sun 03-Mar-13 18:48:18

Hi ladies a bit of advice please I was cooking dinner and spilt some boiling water on my leg jumped back and twisted awkwardly I started bleeding almost instantly which has got quite a bit heavier but no pain at all going to go hospital in morning as if I go now they will only keep me in till morning I know it is bad but not had any clots or anything just bright red blood do u think it just a coincidence it was the same time or could twisting have caused me to mc I am finding it hard not to blame myself ATM as I know it has now come to a end x

butterfly86 Sun 03-Mar-13 19:31:12

Oh Lands so sorry this is happening, please don't blame yourself it is by no means your fault. People have car accidents and all kinds and it doesn't cause mc, it's probably coincidence you jumped at the same time. I know you always know yourself what is happening but try to have a little bit of hope you just never know. Could you not pop along to the hospital just see what they say I know sometimes it's a waste of time but they might give you a blood test to give you some indication of what's going on.
I don't know what else to say to you I really hope it isn't happening. Big hugs always here for you xx

LandsN Sun 03-Mar-13 19:43:46

Thanks butterfly I know from experience they have to transfer me to gyne ward which is at another hospital 25 mins away so will ride it out till morning, someone said it could be a dis lodged plug but not sure just no pain or clots is confusing and all my mc's have started with brown blood this started bright red. I can't help just thinking the worst x

teaandchocolate Sun 03-Mar-13 19:44:37

Hi Lands. I'm so sorry you're bleeding that's such horrid news. Please don't blame yourself - twisting and dropping hot water definitely wouldn't cause you to bleed, it probably just caused it to come out of you. Women goes through all types of physical trauma and remain pregnant & your body is designed to protect a pregnancy at all costs. However I'm just so sorry this is happening. As Butterfly said there is always hope but I won't patronise you as we all think the same at the sight of blood. Hope you're ok.

Butterfly glad the bleedings eased off a bit. Don't worry about being moody that is totally understandable! I'm being horrible at the moment as everyone I know seems to be having their babies and I would have been due around now and I just feel so annoyed its not me. Or I should have a 4 month old...just can't seem to shift the angry feeling that things have not worked out how I wanted them too!! I'm sure your DH is also feeling crap although its never the same for them. But you are allowed to be a cow definitely!

butterfly86 Sun 03-Mar-13 20:00:44

There is every possibilty it's nothing and I so hope it is but I have to be totally honest with you this mc started out of the. blue bright red immediately no spotting beforehand and the pain and clots didn't start until yesterday even though I started to bleed thursday. Praying that it's nothing like me and you will be ok. Lie down with your feet up I know they say it makes no difference but it makes you feel like you are doing something, I slept with 2 pillows under my feet on thursday night. Xxx

Tea I'm glad I'm not just being a cow! My mood has lifted slighty since this afternoon which I'm sure dp will be pleased about I feel awful now I'm actually writing it down, he is absolutely heartbroken and I've been awful to him when he's done nothing wrong. I'm going to give him a big cuddle when he comes back in from the kitchen.

orangebowl Sun 03-Mar-13 21:10:31

Just wanted to reiterate Lands- no way would that cause a miscarriage. Which I know doesn't help you deal with bleeding sad try and rest and get to hospital in the morning. How many weeks are you now?

Butterfly- been thinking about you a lot. X

I'm still bit nervous as been nearly 2 weeks since my last scan and got a week to wait until next one. 15+4 today. Got midwife on Tuesday and wondering if she will agree to try and hear heartbeat but think she will say too early

LandsN Mon 04-Mar-13 07:10:32

Thanks everyone still bleeding quite heavy I know in myself that this is it I am going to the hospital this morning so will see what they say x. And school I am 6+3 x

teaandchocolate Mon 04-Mar-13 07:57:56

Oh Lands hope you're ok. It's so unfair. Will be thinking of you.

School I know its really hard but just try to stay calm and remember that you've done all you can & are in the capable hands of the hospital. You got through the riskiest stage with flying colours. Although I totally understand you won't relax until the baby is here.

teaandchocolate Mon 04-Mar-13 07:58:50

Ps Butterfly how do you feel this morning?

LandsN Mon 04-Mar-13 10:04:22

I am having a battle to get seen keep getting told to wait till tomorrow see what happens just waiting for gp to call as I need a referral to see anyone bleeding has almost stopped, they said could b implantation bleed like I don't know it's not it was heavy last night but still no clot or pain so will see what gp says if not its 9.30 tomorrow morning x

butterfly86 Mon 04-Mar-13 11:32:55

Lands I would put my foot down can you not ring epu and explain you have mc before and are very anxious and you can't wait until tomorrow? Only other option is a&e. It's promising that it's slowing down though fingers crossed for you x

School- you are bound to feel nervous we. all would but like tea said you are past the worst bit. Somebody I know is a midwife she told me a while ago that the guidelines have been changed and they aren't meant to listen to the hb until your 24 week app (think that's the next one after 16) but she said if you ask most midwives would do it so she might try for you, hope she does and it puts your mind at rest.

Tea- I'm feeling better today bleeding has. really tailed off it's brown now, I had to pop out this morning and I've got a bit of pain now so going to take it easy for the rest of the day. Anyway how about you, you are in the 2ww now! smile

LandsN Mon 04-Mar-13 11:38:15

I have rung them and they said no point going today even though I explained the situation and history and she just said come in tomorrow have spoke to gp as well and he don't seem to have any urgency prob cos if I loose anything in the mean time it saves them a job so angry but going to keep phoning if all else fails will go to a and e x

teaandchocolate Mon 04-Mar-13 12:18:46

Lands I'm so sorry you're getting fobbed off. The only thing I would say in their defence is that a scan isn't going to change anything and may not even give much clarity at this stage. In my experience the only benefit of being in a hospital is that they could do an erpc and check the tissue for chromosomal abnormalities. However on the nhs there is usually a wait anyway for the ops (& even privately I waited 5 days). Plus not sure they do the checks on the nhs unless you're under the recurrent mc clinic. The other benefits of a scan is to check everything has gone and there's nothing remaining. I had a scan a couple of days after my last mc started naturally (it had been booked in for a while) & it really didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. It was probably good for DH as he still held out hope. However if you're bleeding really heavily or in loads of pain then definitely go to a&e otherwise you might find it more pleasant being at home than sat waiting in a hospital with loads of pregnant people. That's just my view anyway and I really hope you don't take offence. I think everyone's needs are different and every mc is different. I just don't want you to stress about this on top of everything else.

Butterfly you sound like you're doing as well as can be expected. It's just the emotional side which is a bastard!!

I think I'm on the 2ww although I'm really dubious about whether I actually ovulated. Mainly because there was no ewcm. However the previous cycle I had ewcm twice and no ovulation! So I guess I just cannot trust my body at all. We are still dtd every other day so will be glad when I am either pregnant or AF arrives!! wink

LandsN Mon 04-Mar-13 13:33:53

hi tea thank you I had thought of that and I have not been bleeding a lot today and it is only there when I wipe now but I know its not good think I just panicked this morning and didn't really think about the fact that if its gonna happen there is nothing I or anyone else can do about it so will just wait till the morning at 9.30. Trying not to stress too much and just take it easy till the morning.
I have not had pain or lost any clots as of yet so will see what happens between now and the morning. just gonna try and get some sleep and I would say keep my fingers crossed but I know in myself its not good thanks for your help and support everyone xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now