Holy mother of CRAP..this was defo NOT part of my plans...what the jeff do i do??

(677 Posts)
nosleepwithworry Wed 06-Jun-12 10:52:19

I had my 7th mcs about 9 weeks ago (i think, i didnt write any dates down, have little memory of about 2 weeks during the time, due to the drugs i was pumped with)
In short, i dont know when it occurred.

Ive sought councelling because i have never talked about my mcs ever, to any one.(well, only to you lot smile)
Additionally, i am coming up 42, and thught that that was IT the end, no more, even went and got the pill.

Patiently waiting for my period so that i could start taking the damned thing.
No af as yet.
Feeling much better in myself, councelling really really helping, im on a healthy eating mission (thanks to myfitnesspal) doing really well.

Accepting everything, although the grief has been overwhelming at times sad.

So af still not here, so bought a cheepy test, thought that all pregnancy hrmones will now be gone...this far after mc....almost immediately a pink line came up.

We dtd only a couple of times..it normally took me up to 22 months to concieve so this has floored me...completely and totally. Do not know what the jeff i should do?????????
All calming words of wisdom very much appreciated....i know i know, theres no fool like an old fool.. sad

Thanks. smile

WheresMyCow Mon 08-Oct-12 16:16:27

Hi nananaps. I was thinking of you and wondering how you are getting on.

5madthings Mon 01-Oct-12 13:10:05

bump! how are you doing nananaps? when is your next scan, have i missed it? i have been away and lost your thread! but found you by doing a search, phew!

hope all is well with bump, how big is it now? banana sized? bigger than that even? how many weeks now?

WheresMyCow Fri 28-Sep-12 08:28:59

Hows things Nana with you and your papaya?

birdofthenorth Tue 18-Sep-12 11:07:56

Congrats on your scan and on your amazing baby.

I flew 5 hours with an 8 week old and she was fine. Much easier at that stage! They didn't let me bf during take off
and landing but aside from that no issues. She fed, slept, cuddled, was generally a dream.

WheresMyCow Tue 18-Sep-12 11:07:20

That's fab news about the scan Nana and that you get to go back in a couple of weeks for another grin

So glad to hear that you're enjoying your pregnancy...sending unmumsnetty hugs your way xx smile

FancyPuffin Mon 17-Sep-12 20:25:25

<Checking back in>

Very happy the scan went well nana

Jokat Sat 15-Sep-12 21:25:38

It's sooo nice to hear you say that you can really enjoy your pregnancy and your miracle baby now, and so you should! Very very happy for you grin

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sat 15-Sep-12 14:34:08

Great news about the scan and how lovely to see you little one again in a couple of weeks! Hope s/he is more obliging next time round!

I can just imagine you off in your own dream world smile

5madthings Sat 15-Sep-12 11:37:09

yay lovely and another scan due to unco-operative baby is a bonus!

That's wonderful nana you deserve to enjoy every minute. smile

lotsofcheese Sat 15-Sep-12 10:22:37

Awww, just lovely - enjoy every minute x

nananaps Sat 15-Sep-12 10:10:29

Awww it was lovely.
Face & spine inact but couldnt visualise the structures of the heart clearly enough as baby wouldnt oblige by getting into position, so i get to go back for another look in a couple of weeks! YAY!!

Its lovely, proper full kicks now, i can feel it flip over and change position.
I kind of go off into a dream tuning in, with the most rediculous grin on my face...in the midst of a meeting at work, or an important session where i need to be concentrating.

Loving the whole thing now, feel serene and happy nowadays smile

Jokat Fri 14-Sep-12 21:37:58

Thinking of you and waiting impatiently for an update on how it went today! x

Ilovecake1 Fri 14-Sep-12 18:18:54

How did it go today?? Hope all went amazing!!

Yay. Good luck tomorrow. It'll be wonderful. Half way there! smile

5madthings Thu 13-Sep-12 21:21:15

woohoo twenty week scan! hope all gies well and you get some fabby pics, i have a super cute one of ds4 at the 20wk scan where he is sucking his thumb! he still sucks it now at bedtime and is 4!

good luck xx

cookielovesorange Thu 13-Sep-12 21:18:29

I've just read the entire thread, what a journey it has been!! Good luck for your scan tomorrow!!

bitgoldbutstillbewildered Thu 13-Sep-12 21:14:48

Oh misread your post. Tomorrow! How exciting! I hope it's lovely.

PropositionJoe Thu 13-Sep-12 20:41:16

Aw, very best of luck op

nananaps Thu 13-Sep-12 20:12:23

20 week scan tomorrow..woohhhoooooo grinsmile

Excited!!

Cant wait to see my real live baby again squeeeeeeeel!!!

bitgoldbutstillbewildered Wed 12-Sep-12 18:45:32

No idea about flights, but I think a flight would be easier than a car journey of the same length at that age, particularly if BF'd. I was in a car on the M1 with DD when she was 10 weeks old and it was a bloody nightmare because she kept wanting to be fed so we kept having to stop. Added to that was the roadworks and we ended up travelling for 8 hours.

Hooray for your midwife, and your 20 week scan next week! Halfway!

BartiiMus Tue 11-Sep-12 14:54:07

This is an amazing thread - congratulations!

You're making me all broody.

ajandjjmum Tue 11-Sep-12 14:07:05

Will they let you change the booking to another (more suitable?) destination with a small baby?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now