When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Durham/Newcastle 2011 meet-ups!

(449 Posts)
Indith Wed 29-Dec-10 14:06:13

Shiny new thread

Christmas Night Out Replacement. Feb half term. Details coming soon (when we've done things like get closer to the date, decided which weekend, thawed out, and stuff)

juneybean Wed 29-Dec-10 20:16:01

I found us a smashing new venue for daytime meet ups, it's the penshaw monument, there's a tea room for cake and hot drinks then just across the road the huge herrington park complete with ducks, pond and play area!

juneybean Wed 29-Dec-10 20:23:05

Oh and apologies for advertising blush but I'm totally available for new years eve for babysitting, I hate NYE!

Mytholmroyd Wed 29-Dec-10 21:26:42

Am watching! Start work in Durham after New Year but might only be there during the week until we sell the house and move north. Would be good to meet some other mums - especially ones offering to babysit! wink

Indith Wed 29-Dec-10 21:38:07

Hi Myth! How is the house hunting?

juneybean Wed 29-Dec-10 21:52:45

I'm not a mum, I'm the resident nanny grin

Indith Wed 29-Dec-10 22:08:01

Yes a singularly odd person who seems to enjoy spending large amounts of time with small children. Now I love my children to bits but I find that plain odd winkgrin

Unfortunatly a bit far from me really to ask to baby sit. Not that we are planning on doing anything on NY.

hi everyone
juney, meet up place sounds brilliant!

juneybean Wed 29-Dec-10 22:18:39

Haha well you knew I was odd, I've never tried to hide the fact grin

Mytholmroyd Wed 29-Dec-10 23:50:29

Sorry for the assumption juneybean! You sound like a saint! smile

Househunting sort of started Indith but think I shall rent a small cheap flat for now (seem to be lots in places like Pity Me) - be useful for decluttering my severely cluttered house prior to selling as well as somewhere to stay.

KaraStarbuckThrace Thu 30-Dec-10 19:04:36

Yes I agree Penshaw Monument is a good place for a meet up - when the weather is better, it will be a bit muddy now!

I did the Race for Life there a few years ago!

juneybean Thu 30-Dec-10 22:54:12

I foolishly climed up yesterday, it was icy and really highlighted how unfit I am, I couldn't walk when I got to the top and had to sit down for 30 mins on a light haha

Oh damn, DH is deploying mid-Feb so I probably won't be able to make the new meet-up date. I could train the labrador to babysit I guess!

Which reminds me ... Juney, I was wondering whether you might be up for a bit of weekend babysitting during the mid-Feb to end of April period that DH will be away? No pressure at all and obviously you'd be more than welcome to pop round for tea and cake first / meet elsewhere to be sure that we're sane and normal folks!! I was so sorry to see that your holiday had to be cancelled, bloody sodding snow.

juneybean Sat 01-Jan-11 23:34:49

Yes yes definitely I will PM you!! grin

juneybean Sat 01-Jan-11 23:52:20

Ooo and we're going out on Saturday 8th Jan night if you're able?

I might or might not be going to a wedding in Chichester Feb half term - all depends on how T is by then, although the bedtime routine is currently making it hard to leave her for an evening. Must work on that...

And have a house guest this weekend so can't come then either. :-(

But J is back to work on the 10th so coffee --and cake-- after that would be particularly welcome!

Why does my strikeout not work?!

juneybean Sun 02-Jan-11 21:27:23

I think you have to do it around each word --like-- --this--

KaraStarbuckThrace Sun 02-Jan-11 21:55:38

Count me in for the 8th

Ah! Coffee and cake!

KaraStarbuckThrace Mon 03-Jan-11 11:14:38

I thought it was curry on the 8th? Or have I got it wrong?

duckymum Mon 03-Jan-11 11:30:17

Hi

Can I mark my place with a view to joining a meet up sometime?

Am without a car most of the time, so much will depend on public transport arrangements, but would like to come along if you'll have me - am always open to cake!

juneybean Mon 03-Jan-11 13:36:55

It is KST! grin Leggy is just practising her strike outs haha

spiggy Mon 03-Jan-11 15:34:59

Hey Ducky- the more the merrier! Whereabouts are you? I'm S Tyneside but go to the Durham meets because of the cake.

You'll all have to put your thinking caps on for boys names for me. We have 2 possibilities that we both like but more ideas would be gratefully received...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now