Jeremy Bamber - Is this the worst MoJ in British criminal history?

(258 Posts)
HoGo1 Wed 22-Jan-14 15:41:27

I watched a prog on C5 a few weeks ago re the above. I've also spent a fair bit of time researching the case (there's a mountain of docs on the 'Jeremy Bamber Forum') I have a feeling we will be hearing much more about this in the not too distant future wink Does anyone else think he might be innocent?

ohmymimi Wed 22-Jan-14 16:56:54

No.

feelinlucky Wed 22-Jan-14 16:57:58

I can't say why but absolutely no way!

ihatethecold Wed 22-Jan-14 17:00:39

No

wetaugust Wed 22-Jan-14 17:20:36

No

HoGo1 Wed 22-Jan-14 17:54:12

Oh that's interesting! Are you able to say why you're so sure? It seems to me that the 'evidence' he was convicted on is a bit flimsy to say the least.

TunipTheUnconquerable Wed 22-Jan-14 17:57:16

I have no idea, and I grew up in that area so I've followed the case fairly closely over the years. Very hard to say.

MooncupGoddess Wed 22-Jan-14 17:59:41

Didn't he appeal against the verdict recently, and lose the case?

TunipTheUnconquerable Wed 22-Jan-14 18:11:06

His application for another appeal was rejected, I think.

BMW6 Wed 22-Jan-14 19:35:24

I remember that programme, then saw another which pointed to his guilt and disproved the "innocent" theories.

TBH the only reliable source IMHO would be the original Court presented evidence.

There is soooo much made-up shite on the Internet. And a TV programme is commissioned to take an angle, so will be predjudiced from the start.

I remember the original trial evidence. He did it and framed his sister, Bambi. IMHO. He had a fair trial and appealed and lost. No-one "out there" is cleverer/has inside info, to believe otherwise is rather arrogant?

DoctorDonnaNoble Wed 22-Jan-14 19:37:44

Also live in the area. Love reading up on the Essex Murder Triangle. Don't think it's a miscarriage of justice. He regularly appeals. Gets nowhere.

TunipTheUnconquerable Wed 22-Jan-14 20:17:56

Essex Murder Triangle? shock

DoctorDonnaNoble Wed 22-Jan-14 20:26:13

Yup, an area of North Essex where there's been several murders over the years including Bamber and the Murder in the Red Barn. It's quite a rural area so it gets mythologised a little.

VoyageDeVerity Wed 22-Jan-14 20:30:02

Instinct tells me he's guilty and I have read a lot about this case over the years.

The idea that his sister went nuts with a gun and decided to shoot her babies doesn't cut it for me at all. sad but because she suffered from depression it seemed a natural conclusion for some. hmm

Mintyy Wed 22-Jan-14 20:31:52

I've read a lot about this case over the years and I think he's guilty based on everything I've read - not instinct!

Fairylea Wed 22-Jan-14 20:32:18

I'm not sure really. It's easy to buy into it all if you go by the website that obviously supports him but you have to remember that he's appealed so many times and got nowhere so that says a lot I guess.

TunipTheUnconquerable Wed 22-Jan-14 20:32:53

Oh, with Coggeshall in it? Lots of murders there for some reason.

PoshPaula Wed 22-Jan-14 20:32:59

I have read a great deal about this case and I believe him to be guilty.

Greythorne Wed 22-Jan-14 20:33:56

I think he's guilty

RevoltInParadise Wed 22-Jan-14 20:40:31

Oh dear this is the first time I have heard of the Essex murder triangle....eek!

nennypops Wed 22-Jan-14 22:32:49

I think he's guilty. If you concentrate your reading on what is on his website, it's not surprising that you'll start thinking he's innocent, because obviously he doesn't post the stuff that goes against him. But I think often even his supporters' stuff condemns him, because they really tie themselves up in knots trying unsuccessfully to find things that help him or explain away the damning evidence.

VivaLeBeaver Wed 22-Jan-14 22:36:21

I did read somewhere that a police officer had made a statement saying that while they were all outside watching the house with Bamber who'd met them there they could see someone moving around in the house.

There do seem to be some odd things which don't quite add up.

But my gut feeling is he's guilty.

TheFabulousIdiot Wed 22-Jan-14 22:37:54

I have spent a while 'researching the case' and think he is guilty. Who do you think did it OP?

GlassCastle Wed 22-Jan-14 22:41:00

I knew his Gf at the time.

I don't whether whether he is innocent or guilty. What I am suspicious of is a lack of transparency in the judicial process and vested interests in not allowing further evidence o testimony to be admitted or re-examined.

That makes me suspicious in itself.

VivaLeBeaver Wed 22-Jan-14 22:41:48

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now