Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Dry January - a month off the booze - anyone want to join me?

(631 Posts)
Doshusallie Tue 01-Jan-13 14:54:03

I am determined to do this - I drink most days, it's become a habit, just a glass or two, more at weekends, but really want to give myself an extended break.

The worst time of day for me is between 6-8 pm, before we eat. So am going to try and eat earlier and it would be great if I could come on here and get some support about that time of day!

does anybody want to have a dry January with me?

And yes I do have a hangover today grin

twinklestar2 Sat 09-Mar-13 12:57:28

How is everyone getting on? I have been drunk once since I last posted and I really didn't like it, I felt so sick!

Oh is completely off the booze for 3 months as advised by our fertility doctor.

glitch Fri 15-Mar-13 22:43:46

It's Friday and it's another dry week for me.
Who knew this would happen 3 months down the line from starting.
Not averse to the odd glass of wine but the half bottle (or moregrin ) most nights is a habit broken here & my mood is much brighter for it.
How is the not smoking going Twinkle?

twinklestar2 Fri 15-Mar-13 22:48:27

I'm averaging one cigarette a week - yeah you guessed it, when I tend to have a couple of drinks!

twinklestar2 Tue 02-Apr-13 23:14:23

How is everyone doing? I'm giving up alcohol to prepare for probably having IVF. It's been 3 days so far.

spudmasher Sat 09-Nov-13 20:44:25

Who's going to be joining in this January? It was great last year! Clear skin, bright eyes, full of energy!!! I'm in, who else?

glitch Tue 07-Jan-14 13:06:31

I know this is an old thread but I was just wondering if anyone is back on the wagon this January.
I am and am doing fine so far. Last Jan totally changed my drinking habits for the year (for the better) which I found amazing. Wondered if the same happened to anyone else.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now