Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Calling all Raggedies - the THIRD Ragged Bits thread. Childbirth injuries, sphincter problems, fistulae... all welcome.

(846 Posts)
Jacksmania Fri 26-Oct-12 19:08:26

First thread here, May 2008 to June 2009.

Second thread here, June 2009 to Oct 2012.

Welcome everyone with ragged bits due to childbirth. We're sorry you had to find us, but we promise to hold your hand and listen.

There is no TMI here and nothing is too gross, too embarrassing or too horrible.

<lays out tea tray, buffet and alcoholic bar>

All welcome.

shine85 Thu 30-May-13 01:36:39

Best wishes to you!

Girls, just found out I need more surgery till repair my woundsad

Jacksmania Thu 30-May-13 05:04:45

Awww shit. Sorry.
Shine, I'm so sorry to hear that sad

cravingcake Thu 30-May-13 06:32:17

Oh no shine i hope it works this time. Do you have a date yet?

shine85 Sun 02-Jun-13 10:32:09

June 6. Thanks for well wishes x

cardamomginger Sun 02-Jun-13 10:42:01

Hugs and hand holding. Really hope this will be the last of it. XX

cravingcake Wed 05-Jun-13 22:42:33

Good luck shine hope all goes well for you tomorrow.

shine85 Fri 07-Jun-13 14:54:32

Hi girls,

So, I had my procedure yesterday under a general. It went well, although I was refused antibiotics. I'm using a cream though called flamazine. It's pretty much silver in cream form. I hope I don't get swelling or infection. I also can't take diclofenac so I requested ibuprofen which they said I had to buy myself.
Anyway, I have undissolvable stitches this time and I have to have them removed in ten days. Just wanted to update you ladies.

Jacksmania Fri 07-Jun-13 16:50:25

((((((((((*shine*)))))))))
How are you feeling? You didn't say if you're sore or doing ok?

shine85 Fri 07-Jun-13 17:49:03

Hi jacks.
Thank you for hugssmile
It was rather sore yesterday, but I suppose that's to be expected. It's not as sore today, but it isn't perfect either.
I'm just terrified of infection,y'know?! Completely petrified.
After my procedure in February,I remember I was very swollen and very sore, so I hope the flamazine and ibuprofen do the job and hope, hope, hope I don't get infection or end up with split stitchessad

Anyway, how are you, my lovely?

Jacksmania Fri 07-Jun-13 23:06:13

Doing ok smile
DS and I are at my mum's, enjoying a few days of doing nothing and being spoilt a bit smile
For him that involves doing lots of Lego and for me, doing as little as possible grin
I am feeling a bit [meh], crampy and exhausted, period due any day now... so good thing I'm doing as little as possible.
But that's nothing... certainly not worth complaining too much about or at least no more than I usually complain about it.

I'd really urge to to try yes, Jacks is trotting out that d shtick again salt baths to prevent infection. I also sat on a warm/hot wheat bag. I was worried it would increase swelling but ice feet terrible when I had stitches in and hear just felt so good.
Crossing every available appendage for you flowerswine.

shine85 Sun 09-Jun-13 13:08:10

I hope you're enjoying being spoilt. Both you and your little one.
I know I sound so silly but I'm scared of salt baths. I'm scared of getting my stitches wet altogether as that's what caused my infection last time. I dried off as much as possible but apparently it wasn't enough. I was even on antibiotics, so I guess I'm just prone to infectionsad
But, like you say, I'm keeping a balance between keeping it warm/cool. Mostly, during the day,I go commando. At night,I apply my antibiotic cream to a sanitary pad and wear it to bed.

Many hugs, sweetheart.

mebe705 Tue 02-Jul-13 06:26:37

hallo ladies
I had read your thread for such long time
It really helped me so much

after having a baby almost 2.6 years ago
I was lost case

it was truelly the worst experience of my life

I did lost hope for normal life with out pain

And then I met wonderfull gynae consultant
who did save my life
Dr P.Owen from Glasgow

However it was to late for my relationship
I can finally try to enjoy being normal happy mum
I lost so much time

mebe705 Tue 02-Jul-13 06:34:20

shine85
I discivered savlon-antiseptic liquid
you can use it for bath to prevent infection

and good luck to you

Jacksmania Tue 02-Jul-13 13:56:42

mebe705 - thanks for posting that recommendation. Hopefully someone will benefit!
I'm sorry for all you've been through, and that your relationship didn't work out. I hope everything goes well for you from now on. thanks

StiffyByng Tue 02-Jul-13 19:54:34

Mebe, really sorry to read what a tough time you had.

I hope I can come here for some advice. I've read quite a bit of the thread but my head is spinning from all the names so sorry to just barge in a bit.

I had DD two years ago. I had second degree internal tearing that wasn't stitched, and had a bad flare up of what has been a recurring anal fissure since I was a child. (Never had any treatment but rectogesic and Movicol.) A few months later I was diagnosed with a rectocele, which improved from moderate to mild with PFE and oestrogen cream. I was also told the failure to stitch had caused an 'insufficient perineum'.

I had DS seven weeks ago. The prolapse is worse again but I expected that. Hopefully it will improve again. The fissure is back with a vengeance and the rectogesic and Movicol just aren't helping much. At my six week check, my GP offered to refer me to a surgeon but I really don't want surgery if I can help it. I think someone on here mentioned a cream that can stop spasms that can stop fissures healing? Anyone know if my GP could prescribe this? I'm also experiencing sort of shooting cramps radiating from my crotch down my legs. I stupidly forgot to mention it at my check up as we got distracted by my bum, but it's quite painful and I wondered if it's something connected to all my other woes.

Sorry, I know this is all minor league compared to some of you lot. My hugest sympathies. But I'm feeling really miserable and fed up and scared of painful surgery. So far I have potential ops to restitch my perineum, sort out my prolapse (once I've 'completed my family') and now sort out this fissure, which could apparently cause incontinence. It's all a bit much. hmm

Jacksmania Tue 02-Jul-13 21:15:37

Hi Stiffy, welcome to the thread - I appear to be the go-to person for anal fissures grinblush. What found finally cleared mine was Traumeel cream, on your finger, get it onto the fissure - be prepared for it to burn a bit for a minute but then feel better - and Magnesium Glycinate, 1000 mg capsules, one or two every night. Both can be ordered from Amazon.

Must dash out for a bit but will be back!

cravingcake Tue 02-Jul-13 21:46:13

mebe really pleased you found this thread helpful.

stiffy i cant offer a lot of advice but can offer a hand to hold. And also reassure you that your problems are not minor. I have a prolapse and am currently pregnant with DC2 so will be looking at the surgery options available to me once this baby is born. Its a big decision to have surgery so it needs to be right. I can understand your hesitation.

We are a friendly bunch on here but its sometimes a slow moving thread smile

StiffyByng Wed 03-Jul-13 09:53:14

Thanks, both.

I will have a look on Amazon. I am truly fed up with this fissure not getting any better.

Jacksmania Wed 03-Jul-13 20:20:52

Here's another possibility for you: www.forcesofnatureusa.com/category-s/1851.htm

I have tried their cold sore remedy and have been blown away by how amazingly it works. So I would personally be open to trying any other of their products.

mebe705 Thu 04-Jul-13 06:15:31

thank you al

mebe705 Thu 04-Jul-13 06:16:14

oh all ofcourse :-)

Jacksmania Thu 04-Jul-13 19:19:04

Al?
Who's Al?

Is that like Allan on that thread about the interfering FIL? grin
most hilarious autocorrect ever

cravingcake Fri 05-Jul-13 21:38:32

This post is simply a post to bump the thread for new people who may be trying to find and join the Ragged Bits Bunch.

We have free cake for all new posters grin requiring support, advice and general hand holding.

mebe705 Sat 06-Jul-13 19:10:53

Jacksmania
all:-)

small keybord

but Allan
theread?:-\
that Allan

FIl?

Jacksmania Sat 06-Jul-13 22:29:15

Did someone say free cake????

grin

mebe705, I'll see if I can link to the thread for you. It's hilarious.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now