Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have an employment dispute and need professional advice, please contact your union, the Citizen's Advice Bureau or a solicitor.

Student Health Visitor Interview!!

(1000 Posts)
chewie29 Mon 16-Apr-12 14:56:16

Hi all.
I am currently a staff nurse on maternity leave and I have been very lucky, I have managed to get an interview for a Student Health Visitor Post tomorrow. Has anyone any advice they can give me for the actual interview? I am stressing as it is something I have wanted to do for a long time! I have send by little man over to his nans this afternoon so I can concentrate, I have just been getting more stressed as the day goes on. I have been preparing for the interview for some time but I'm worried my nerves will ruin it for me! Any advice or tips would be great. Thank you.

Archie2012 Mon 29-Jul-13 21:18:58

Hiya all LCH students

Just wondering if you have had your acceptance letters yet? I have only had it via email and due to start the course in sept!!

They have still got my salary wrong, trying to pay me at bottom 5 when I am on top 5 nowsad has anyone else had this trouble with hr sorting salary out ??

Kazpots5 Mon 29-Jul-13 22:18:35

This is a great thread thanks everyone. I'm looking at doing a return to practice course Jan next year as have had a career break to have my kiddies. I'm wanting to train to be a health visitor if poss after this. I am paediatric trained (Salford Uni) and lived in New Zealand for 10 years ( moved back home to U.K. with my husband and our 3 children 2 years ago) I worked as a Plunket Nurse in New Zealand (equivalent job there to health visiting here) but my post grad training from NZ is not recognised here so will need to retrain but don't really mind as I have had nearly 6.5 years out so it feels quite overwhelming and scary thinking about going back to work and study but exciting too! The support for each other in this thread is really encouraging and lovely to see. Thanks again, Karen xxx smile

sweetpie123 Wed 31-Jul-13 08:27:20

I'm finally in - Thank God - now i feel like i belong to the group. It's been a trying time. Got my unconditional offer yesterday and thank you all and specially thanks to Funkymadhouse for the support and encouragement - i appreciate.

Lou56 Wed 31-Jul-13 16:52:41

Congratulations sweetpie123! Was that with the London deanery? I've finally been invited to interview after waiting weeks!

Zek99 Sun 04-Aug-13 12:27:50

I have passed the assessments but not heard anything from london deanery since that email. I go on holiday next week .... Would like to know if I'm short listed or not.

Lou56 Sun 04-Aug-13 16:45:06

Zek99 - I heard back last week and have got an interview this Friday. It might be down to your trust/uni having time to make decisions and depends on when they are able to interview. Hopefully you'll hear back soon!

sweetpie123 Mon 05-Aug-13 21:25:07

Thanks Lou56 - Yes it was with LD the process was a bit hicuppy but Hey! All the best with the interview.

Zek99 Tue 06-Aug-13 15:00:40

Lou and sweetiepie did you apply for sept or jan intake? I applied for the jan. Good luck in your Intieview

Lou56 Wed 07-Aug-13 15:48:19

I applied for the fast track September entry. All very last minute now sad

Funkymadhouse Thu 08-Aug-13 18:53:06

Yay!!! Well d

Funkymadhouse Thu 08-Aug-13 18:54:01

Stupid iPhone posted too soon!! Yay!!! Well done sweetpie123!!! Proper chuffed for you xxx

mrsthornton Sat 10-Aug-13 23:03:46

Hello. Im new to this forum.

Thank you to the original poster for starting this thread.

I have an interview on friday for a community nurse job that assists the health visitors and school nurses. I am starting my health visiting training in september this year. I want this job so bad!! Could anyone give me some possible interview questions to help me prepare?

thank you

young12 Tue 13-Aug-13 14:30:31

hi, Lou56 and sweetiepie 123,

please what questions were you asked for your interview with LD. if you have any other advise, it will also be appreciated.
thanks

robson2013 Thu 15-Aug-13 23:04:16

hi can anyone tell me what to expect from a group interview, what sort of questions were you asked?

sweetpie123 Mon 19-Aug-13 23:19:45

Thanks and its all down to the support you guys gave.

young12 Wed 21-Aug-13 14:51:24

Hi sweetpie 123,

what questions were you asked for your interview with LD

LittleRobyn18 Wed 28-Aug-13 15:25:42

Hi there. Good luck to everyone. Is anyone starting their HV training at Brighton this September?

Kimbo84 Wed 28-Aug-13 18:34:26

Hi, Does anyone know what type of car insurance you need as a student health visitor? Do I need to get business added onto my insurance or keep it as it is? Do we use are own cars much between visits or are we with our mentor in there car? x

ChimneyDeep Wed 28-Aug-13 18:35:51

Yes, you need business and it will be checked by your employing trust

Kimbo84 Wed 28-Aug-13 18:40:48

Thanks very much x

Biddyshegs Sun 01-Sep-13 11:23:08

I discovered this forum on Friday when I got an email to confirm I've been successful for the short listing part and I will be invited for interview with the London deanery. I am yet to get my interview date but I am sure I will get one soon.
@sweetie123, could u please give ideas of what d interview questions were like. U'd be helping a very panicking lady here. Thanks. I'm for January intake. X

Biddyshegs Sun 01-Sep-13 11:24:38

@young12, I can see u re for londondeanery t

Biddyshegs Sun 01-Sep-13 11:25:39

iPhone can be annoying sometimes. Posted before I wanted to.
@young12. What intake are u? And av u been invited for interview yet? C

Biddyshegs Sun 01-Sep-13 11:30:03

I have requested to join the FB group. Pls do accept my request. X

contemporary Mon 02-Sep-13 23:06:59

Hi Biddyshegs, i'm waiting on my interview date as well. Did your email mention anything about presentation

This thread is not accepting new messages.