Positive opk after miscarriage- 2

(410 Posts)
jinglebellmel Tue 30-Aug-16 19:49:44

Can't believe we've filled that thread, hope you all find this one!

Ali - so uncomfortable isn't it?! But I like that I can feel it happening, gives me a bit of warning at least. Yeah, I'm expecting I'll ov Thursday/Friday now which would work out much better than Saturday so fingers crossed.

Alibaba2 Tue 30-Aug-16 21:12:44

Found you!

Yes it is helpful to know but doesn't make dtd that pleasurable when everything is so tender.

Are you SMEP'ing? What cd did you start?

Alibaba2 Tue 30-Aug-16 21:14:57

Blossom - love the laughing tip! I'll try that! I do the pineapple thing too. And Brazil nuts. Did you do it this time?

jinglebellmel Wed 31-Aug-16 08:25:28

Yes true, it's normally just a little uncomfortable but ovaries seem to be in overdrive this month!

thatsnotmybear Wed 31-Aug-16 09:02:53

Nothing to report, just marking my place!

Thebean123 Wed 31-Aug-16 11:10:43

Hi ladies,

Hoping I can join the thread after reading (stalking!) for weeks now! Little background about me....

Had an early miscarriage at 5 weeks and the bleeding stopped 1st August. Didn't really feel strong enough to start trying again last month so just let my body try and heal. Had my first period since the mc on Saturday and the bleeding stopped today. Am hoping to start trying again this month.....

Have never tracked ovulation with opks etc, conceived last time by roughly tracking when I was due to ovulate and it worked albeit with a sad end sad have no DC myself but two wonderful SDC 6 today! And 4 smile

So anyway....hello ladies xx

thatsnotmybear Wed 31-Aug-16 12:44:15

Welcome bean & sorry for your loss x

Alibaba2 Wed 31-Aug-16 12:52:05

Welcome Bean!

Sorry for your loss and good luck with ttc x

jinglebellmel Wed 31-Aug-16 16:08:38

Welcome bean, sorry for your loss I hope you're doing okay. Good luck this month x

jinglebellmel Wed 31-Aug-16 16:11:15

Ali, forgot to say - no wasn't planning smep this month, it just makes the whole thing seem like hard work. Are you? We dtd cd 8 and will go again tonight, Thursday, Friday.

Alibaba2 Wed 31-Aug-16 16:25:12

We dtd cd9, 10, 11. Don't think we be dtd tonight as OH is ill!

Did you get your positive today Mel?

thatsnotmybear Wed 31-Aug-16 17:06:08

We DTD cd11, 12 & 13. May do it tonight, may not. 3 times in a row is about our limit! I think next month we're going to try every other night during FW.

jinglebellmel Wed 31-Aug-16 17:52:24

No, it just looked the same as yesterday's, hopefully will be a positive tomorrow. Not sure what's going on this month it's all gone a bit weird.

thatsnotmybear Wed 31-Aug-16 18:39:17

This month has been a bit weird for me too Mel. Opk went negative quickly & hardly any EWCM this cycle. I'm hoping my temp does go up tomorrow & I have actually ov'd confused

jinglebellmel Wed 31-Aug-16 18:48:51

Just when you think you've figured out what's going on! Hope it goes up for you tomorrow bear.

blossombottom Wed 31-Aug-16 19:37:57

Welcome bean and sorry to see you here. Hope the month is a lucky one for you.

Mel I would agree that SMEP is way more stressful than it looks on paper but I like the fact that it advises doing it every other day. Starting so early seems pointless though, when you know your cycles pretty well.

Ali I didn't knowingly do the random 'laughter therapy' this time around but I did stock up on pineapple!

McBaby Wed 31-Aug-16 19:42:21

Spotting today sad so presuming it's a cm and I will be with you for a while yet!!

blossombottom Wed 31-Aug-16 19:47:51

Welcome bean and sorry to see you here. Hope the month is a lucky one for you.

Mel I would agree that SMEP is way more stressful than it looks on paper but I like the fact that it advises doing it every other day. Starting so early seems pointless though, when you know your cycles pretty well.

Ali I didn't knowingly do the random 'laughter therapy' this time around but I did stock up on pineapple!

blossombottom Wed 31-Aug-16 19:52:16

No! Mcbaby will you speak to your GP tomorrow?

I know lots of people who spotted or full on bled and went on to have totally smooth sailing pregnancies.

jinglebellmel Wed 31-Aug-16 20:01:21

Hope you're okay Mcbaby, I think spotting at this stage can be something or nothing (but I understand it's hard not to think the worst). Can you see gp or go to epu tomorrow?

McBaby Wed 31-Aug-16 20:04:53

Going to gp in the morning I think just to discuss it with her although I know they can't do much.

It's bright red which I presume is not good and dull cramping!

Thebean123 Wed 31-Aug-16 20:17:28

Thanks for the welcome just caught up with messages.....

I agree with the above mcbaby, I'm sure the spotting is nothing to worry about but check with gp. I know personally I will find it impossible to sit back and relax and enjoy early pregnancy next time around :/

I was thinking about trying smep this month but from what I've read on this thread and others it's very stressful! Planning on dtd tonight as an enjoyment dtd rather than a "baby making" go ha! I feel like we need a little bit of fun and relaxation sex ha ha x

Alibaba2 Wed 31-Aug-16 20:31:14

Hope it sticks McBaby!

Mel/Bear - are you doing 1 or 2 opks each day?

Blossom - thanks for the pineapple tip! I have one downstairs - just waiting for my temp rise!

Bean - what's your cycle length? When do you expect to ov?

thatsnotmybear Wed 31-Aug-16 20:34:28

Oh I'm sorry to hear that McBaby. It could be something or nothing. I spotted both times I've been pg - one turned out to be fine & the other was a mc. There is unfortunately no way of knowing sad

Thebean123 Wed 31-Aug-16 20:40:40

From my limited tracking and knowledge in this area from day one of period until the start of my next period is 28 days. So working off the assumption you ovulate around day 14 that's my fertile week. Have never used opks etc. I do tend to get ewcm and can feel twinges etc around day 14 x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now