BFP wishes will come true

(1000 Posts)
RedRobin1 Thu 06-Dec-12 09:12:46

Hopefully this is the last thread we start and all our dreams and wishes come true.

BelissimaLol Thu 06-Dec-12 17:21:33

Just marking my place here to keep an eye on you girls. Need you to join me ASAP as I'm getting lonely hmm

fatasbutter Thu 06-Dec-12 17:29:59

Ah poor res sad

Congrats lol! Lucky old you! Will have a wine for you! X

fatasbrandybutter Thu 06-Dec-12 18:00:11

Ok this is a lazy name change, but still!
Have you thought of a festive name yet Linda?

twinklestar2 Thu 06-Dec-12 18:14:15

Welcome back fatas and hello newbies!!

lindamagoo Thu 06-Dec-12 18:48:39

I can't think of one yet that goes with my name but I will... Don't even know how to edit my name on here, lol

BridgetandtheHairyBaubles Thu 06-Dec-12 18:50:08

Hello fatas, I think that's a stroke of pure genius! Absolutely love brandy butter.

(Rather off topic, but was your original nickname inspired by "Who sank the boat?" It's the only place I've ever come across that expression)

Oooh, do like the idea of being a newbie...feel like an old hag most of the time.

lindamagoo Thu 06-Dec-12 19:22:52

How do I change my nickname ladies?

weetinselchops Thu 06-Dec-12 19:27:50

linda go into MyMumsnet at the top then into MyRegistration and then change your nickname. Save changes and that's it smile

weetinselchops Thu 06-Dec-12 19:28:39

Oh and big hiya to fatas <waves Baileys in general direction of fatas>

fatasbrandybutter Thu 06-Dec-12 19:52:40

Hi Bridget! No, it is a rude term of description my dad once or twice used in a particularly amusing anecdote and all the other names I wanted were taken by other gits people! wink

Hiya weechops!! <waves like a loon>

I hope nobody will mind me saying I feel oddly comforted by seeing some familiar faces again... My anniversary of mmc due date has passed and the other 5 people updiffed at same time as me have all given birth, and I have gritted my worn down teeth whilst hearing about their wonderful progeny so now I feel it is time to have my own unconnected pregnancy. And we all deserve it by now envy

Thanks weetinselchops, done it grin

fatasbrandybutter Thu 06-Dec-12 19:53:38

Diamond!

Marks place to keep an eye where to throw the Xmas luck dust!
Waves at fatas, it has been a while
And thanks to red for return greeting, things are ok with me, I try not to think about it most of the time, that's worked better as as soon as we told everyone after scan 13wks I started bleeding a week later and scared the shit out of myself, it seems ok but after the last 2 mc could do without bleeding in pregnancy ever again!!

twinklestar2 Thu 06-Dec-12 21:01:21

Fatas - I feel your pain re congratulating people through gritted teeth! Just want it to be me now.

Kittens - glad to hear all is well.

fatasbrandybutter Thu 06-Dec-12 22:01:26

Your time will come winkle for sure, I know it

Congrats kittens x

RedRobin1 Thu 06-Dec-12 22:20:53

kittens the bleeding sure must be scary but just keep on thinking positive thoughts and you'll have a little one in your arm soon smile very envious but in a good way x

fatas good to hear from you - I am having some poking and prodding done myself. It's not a nice experience and they are not very gentle.

Loving the festive name changes smile I am hoping this thread sees a lot of Christmas and early new year bfps! Cheers to that baileys twinkle

BelissimaLol Fri 07-Dec-12 07:26:40

Hey fatas. Long time no see grin
I've also been looking for woody! Gas anyone heard from her?
I totally get the difficulty in having to congratulate bfp. That's one of the reasons why I stopped joining monthly threads. It felt everyone got one but me.
So shag fest over twinkle?! I think you gave it your best shot this month! When is poas day? Any symptoms?
If it helps all I had was constipation (remember my poo in the plane drama?!), tiredness and extreme hunger. Nothing else and no IB. And I didn't feel pg. And I had a few drinks. Fx it's your turn grin

twinkle - i had.no symptoms at all this last cycle, utterly convinced i wasnt.pg. Then i had a couple of.nights of v odd dreams / broken sleep, moticed when.i was getting in.the shower my.boobs looked...kinda weird (!!) and then.on Saturday (the day i got a faint bfp) i found myself eating slices of cooked ham straight out of the packet like it was going out of fashion. So i took a test. But none of the usual 'symptoms' everyone seems to talk about. So what im trying to say is basically dont even think about.it between.now and poas time! Fx for u

ReindeerOutdoors Fri 07-Dec-12 08:10:43

Confused with the kitten changes, sorry! Just to clarify is kittenskittenskittens kittykatsforever and Santakittenclaws kittenkatzen?

twinklestar2 Fri 07-Dec-12 08:44:23

We didn't manage to dtd last night it just got too late. But will go for one last attempt. The monitor has been saying low since yesterday anyway, the three crucial days were mon, tues and weds and we got them covered. But just in case I will dtd tonight.

Littlemiss - I never allow myself to symptom spot nor do I buy tests - learnt from experience that I'm usually wrong!!

BridgetandtheHairyBaubles Fri 07-Dec-12 09:39:01

twinklestar another one here that avoids symptom-spotting if at all possible - been mentally made a fool of too many times.

Although, Lol, I can relate to the constipation thing. In both my pregnancies my bowels were definitely a better barometer than my boobs. I have to quickly stop myself getting excited now if I have a day or two of feeling 'sluggish'.

The congratulating others on their pregnancies/babies is difficult. Although, strangely, I find it very unpredictable which ones will upset me and which won't. For years, I thought I'd never even have the chance to try for another, so, generally, I'm a bit of a pro at just letting it all wash-over me.

But, for some reason, my neighbour (up the road)'s pregnancy/birth has really affected me. I haven't even been able to bring myself to speak to her since she had her baby. We are only very passing acquaintances so it's not too rude of me. But I have even found myself crossing over the road if I see her in the distance or ducking into shops.

Fatas think I understand the unconnected pregnancy feeling. My "would of been due-date" is next week and after that I think I'll feel much freer to have a brand new pregnancy. Most of this year has felt like it "belonged" to my lost baby in a funny sort of way.

RedRobin1 Fri 07-Dec-12 09:52:09

Same here twinkle I avoid poas after the CP. Its too hard to see the blank white space and realise what a fool I have been with the symptom spotting.
I find it safer to not get my hopes up and I deal with the disappointment better. You have dtd on the peak days so should have caught it - fx.

bridget I never thought of it that way - what you say about starting a brand new pregnancy. My baby would have been due in April, and my best friend is accidentally pregnant and also due on the same date in April. And I find myself avoiding her or asking her about her bump and pregnancy because I see her glowing and so crazily wish it was me me me!

I don't like joining the monthly threads either lol as it just seems even more depressing when everyone else is announcing their bfps on there almost instantly and it just seems to take ages for us. I have now set myself a 6 month milestone. If it doesn't happen in another 6 months, then I'll worry a little. But for now I have accepted its not going to be soon, but IT WILL HAPPEN.

BridgetandtheHairyBaubles Fri 07-Dec-12 09:59:49

RedRobin I'll raise a glass of something expensive and sparkly to that - "IT WILL HAPPEN!"

Yes raindeer/ sunshine you got it right, sorry it is abit confusing, jeleous of all your xmax names though!!
On the positive thinking thing you were all saying, a friend I havnt seen in ages was talking about this last week saying how we make our own luck and telling yourself something will happen and it will, she told me to try it with something small like saying I will find a feather today etc, she saw how skeptical I was but reminded me I had said from the beginning of pregnancy with dd I wanted her to come early, at 37 wks was what I always said and she was born bang on 37wks, it was a joke but at the same time I had always convinced myself it would take me ages to get pregnant, my mum had told me she thought I had pcos symptoms and I thought I did so always thought itl take me ages ( it did! Almost 2 yrs) and yet after that knowing I didn't and pregnancy can make you more fertile I didn't feel the same and have always caught quickly since- could be crap but at the same time made me think!
Bridget sorry to hear about your mc too, I had a few friends who have just had their new babies and mine too would have been due this month, it has made it hard with them in particular and I always think of theirs in relation to my loss!
Agree with littlemiss on no symptoms when I got my bfp but ditto on the strange dreams, that was the only difference for me, not even cm!
Fx for you this month, I'm sure Xmas babies flurry as more people get drunk and worry less about it!

SantaKittenClaws Fri 07-Dec-12 11:53:46

oh bridget I completely agree with the unpredictability of which pg announcements you get upset about - for example, oldest friend, brother's wife and suspicion of another friend possibly ttc #2 - all absolutely fine, not a hint of the green eyed monster, just pure happiness for them all. On the other hand, SIL (on DHs side) announcement hit me like a train, I was gutted. It's not even like we see them that often! Weird.

Ok so TMI warning - started taking epo yesterday (CD1) and already noticing changes....AF seems to be much heavier than normal, and much more bright red blood rather than darker/old blood like I usually get (sorry, sorry...). This is a good thing right? Like having a proper uterine spring clean?! Anyone had similar?

This thread is not accepting new messages.