Elderberry Pavlovas Unite - the over 30s TTC number 1 (thread 2)

(994 Posts)
Bunnygirlie Tue 13-Nov-12 22:55:43

Ladies,  Time for a new thread for us oldies (well not that old) TTC number 1 and our MN friends who have their BFP but are still coming along for the ride :-)

bunnygirlie, 32, TTC since June, AF due end Nov
Winkle, ttc 15 months, BFP due 19/11
Zombies, ttc 2 cycles, erratic cycle, PCOS. Next POAS not before 15 December. 
Pipbin, ttc 15 cycles, BFP due 27/11
BraveLilBear TTC cycle 1 after early mc, BFP due 18/11

Aquarius, 32, ttc 8 mths, bfp due mid dec
Happylass TTC cycle 3 BFP due 8/12
Janey, 38, six weeks pg
Rach, 34, PG 7+5. Booking appointment on Wednesday.
Quod, 33, six weeks pg
HazleNutt 8 weeks pg

Sorry if I missed anyone :-)

BraveLilBear Thu 22-Nov-12 17:24:49

Janey is it wrong that I just had a snort of laughter while reading that? Seriously, the medical pro in this country can be hit and miss!

Hi Sazza and welcome - really sorry to hear about your mmc. Must have been a terrible time. But the gals here are amazingly friendly so come join the party!

Boo at proper ms Hazle what are you grazing on? I think high satiety index stuff is good as it makes you feel full for longer - like popcorn, IIRC. Another friend grazed a lot on nuts and seeds - low in calories and full of essential fats.

Re fashion, I'm too northern these days to be considered 'hip' but big bird's nest hair seems to be very very scarily in vogue right now. Seriously, I want to cry for them at the thought of untangling the mess they spend hours creating! Lots of shorts over tights/leggings - American Apparel is always good for that, as is Urban Outfitters <nod nod to Quod>

Good luck in your mission to be chilled and rational navis rest assured that the ladies here will be the first to encourage you if you seem too laidback <as I found out this week!> grin

happylass Australia Thu 22-Nov-12 17:49:30

Welcome to the newcomers and sorry to those who've had mmc

V excited to get a smile on the OPK just now on the second test I've done today I'm back in the game yey. Got the Cnceive Plus at the ready but DP has a squash match so he won't be back til late. Hope he has some energy left hmm

Bunnygirlie Thu 22-Nov-12 19:14:50

Hi newbies! Welcome to our merry gang :-)

Bunnygirlie Thu 22-Nov-12 19:15:27

Oh FFS have you seen that bird from the Saturday's is pg, she's only been married 5 mins grrrrrrr

escorpion France Thu 22-Nov-12 19:15:38

happylass, I have a similar dilemna. OH going to his company´s party this eve, so won´t be back til late. I will be waiting for him under the covers mwah ha ha grin

HazleNutt Thu 22-Nov-12 19:21:56

janey grin so, any snorting planned?

Just back from a bodypump class, nausea better. Hm, sports seems to be the answer to everything.

Brave I'm mostly eating fruit and veggies, luckily any food seems to work. Would love nuts, but those bastards have 600 kcal per 100gr and I'm not one of those people who can nibble on 5 almonds for half an hour or similar.

BelissimaLol Thu 22-Nov-12 19:25:20

Good news on shag week for some!!
I've no symptoms apart from constipation back blush. And itchy boobs but I'm aware that's just my mind. Af due sat.

Bunnygirlie Thu 22-Nov-12 19:34:23

Fx lol! Mine due next weekend! Who else is on 2ww?

janey1234 Thu 22-Nov-12 19:54:31

Escorpion that really made me laugh. Made you sound like a Bond baddie! grin

Pipbin Japan Thu 22-Nov-12 20:17:18

shhhhh, don't say anything too loud but it's 9dpo here and I've had absolutely no spotting yet this cycle, even after a run or a serious bathroom visit. Normally I get spotting from those activities from at least 7dpo.

I'm not getting excited at all yet. After 15 failed cycles, the novelty wears off.

janey1234 Thu 22-Nov-12 20:36:06

Oh pip I think you're right not to get excited... But maybe I'll just secretly be a teeny bit excited that there's a hope it's your month...we've all said we're not going anywhere without you so it simply has to be your turn soon anyway...everything crossed....

Rache1S Thu 22-Nov-12 20:43:03

Pip, no, definitely don't you get excited. You don't need to because I will do it on your behalf. I've got a feeling this is your month, everything is sounding good so far grin grin grin

Hello to newbies!!! grin

Pipbin Japan Thu 22-Nov-12 20:49:06

Oh Janey and Rache so sweet. I hope it is, for you lot now as much as anything.

ZombiesAreClammyDodgers Thu 22-Nov-12 21:37:02

pip fingers crossed TIGHT for you!!!

Bunnygirlie Thu 22-Nov-12 23:06:45

FX Pip :-) are you gonna POAS or are you waiting a week?

Pipbin Japan Thu 22-Nov-12 23:28:16

No, I'm going to wait. I figure AF will be along soon enough, I'd sooner her than a BFN.

ZombiesAreClammyDodgers Fri 23-Nov-12 00:56:16

pip you stay strong!!

Pipbin Japan Fri 23-Nov-12 07:23:05

Spotting during my run.
Not much, but some. sad

BelissimaLol Fri 23-Nov-12 07:49:25

Oh no pipsad
I'm due tomorrow and not testing either!
13 dpo argh.

janey1234 Fri 23-Nov-12 09:01:46

Oh pip, I'm still keeping everything crossed for you, really am.
Belissima - hope there's no sign of evil AF over the weekend

BraveLilBear Fri 23-Nov-12 10:47:41

Morning all, fingers tightly crossed here for Lol and Pipbin - we're allowed to even if you're not!

Loving the shagging by stealth that seems to have been going on undercover <snigger> last night grin

Hazle all this exercise fixing the world sounds fab to me - definitely my preferred choice! I'm going to keep up the 1-2 a week light runs and 1-2 a week (at-home) zumba as long as I can and hope that helps. Right now I feel thirsty all the time, but full of energy, tho was a bit fuzzy-headed this morning after the walk to work - think I need to drink more and more...

Pipbin Japan Fri 23-Nov-12 17:46:03

Nothing since though. Not even going to the loo immediately after.
Still have some hope, but I figure if I convince myself that AF is coming I won't be disappointed.

BelissimaLol Fri 23-Nov-12 17:51:14

Pip are you planning to poas? When will you hold on to?
I'm planning to wait till Mon!

Pipbin Japan Fri 23-Nov-12 18:03:29

Spoke too soon. Just had more spotting after a bowel movement
Only a bit though, and this is still better than before.

10DPO so I could test this weekend, but I'll hold on until next weekend I think.

Rache1S Fri 23-Nov-12 18:32:24

Next weekend Pip? It's like the Brave suspense all over again! grin At least consider POAS at 14DPO on Tuesday?

I could do with some reassurance from you ladies as my MS seems to have disappeared yesterday and today. confused It was absolutely rife until mid week. My nipples are still a bit sore but that's pretty much my only symptom now so I'm getting a little concerned. I know it's probably just me being silly as I haven't got any pain and/or bleeding, but I just made the mistake of asking my good friend arch enemy Google who seems to think it may be a sign of a possible MMC. This is obviously not a great start to the weekend and it's now out of hours to ring my Midwife and also a tad embarrassing as she'll probably just think i'm an idiot. It is times like this that my other good friend arch enemy wine would be very handy but I can't even turn to that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now