Oh my STARS is this it? is this the camping product i have DREAMT of? A WHEEL-FREE TRAILER THAT LEAVES NO TRAIL and requires no tow-bar? is this a work of genius or WOT?

(221 Posts)
AitchTwoOh Sun 17-Jul-11 21:07:54

www.tail-crate.com/index.php <hyper-ventilates>

that is v neat indeed Aitch

biscuitmad Sun 17-Jul-11 21:10:26

Can you go down the motorway without it falling off? It doesnt look very safe to me.

Oh wow. That looks ace. Why didn't I think of inventing that.

AitchTwoOh Sun 17-Jul-11 21:16:30

hahahah exactly my thought, banana. it's the same as those bike carriers. quite interesting if you look at the clip. a fully grown woman standing up in it, off the back of a nissan micra or something.

Grumpla Sun 17-Jul-11 21:28:17

That looks amazing. I want one of you to buy one and put their crap in it and go for a drive and tell me it didn't fall off before I do the same though!

hackingandhewing Sun 17-Jul-11 21:29:13

That is good (curses bloody trailer we have just got off ebay)

That looks amazing - would save my poor Dcs needing a snorkel to breathe in the back of the car because they are "packed" along with the rest of the kit grin

i LOVE it!!! i want it !!!!

i actually do have a towbar, but i love this!

AitchTwoOh Sun 17-Jul-11 21:41:57

but have you looked at the video? HAVE YOU??!! a woman is standing in it!

oh lordy i am going to buy one. it would even be handy to keep shit in when you get to the site, ffs. it is the ultimate in camping gear.

It makes my folding colander look frankly amateurish grin

does the woman come with it?

TeamEdward Sun 17-Jul-11 21:47:51

I want one, and I don't even camp!

peeriebear Sun 17-Jul-11 21:48:09

I just showed it to DH (a regular camper) who agrees it is a fab idea smile

AitchTwoOh Sun 17-Jul-11 21:48:09

can you stand up in your colander? i DIDN'T THINK SO.

the only thing is that of all the colours i really do not like the green... sad

SeaShellsMyDogSmells Sun 17-Jul-11 21:48:13

Lol Aitch, as the ex owner of a 1l micra, I sincerely doubt my old car would move an inch if I filled that with my camping kit!

I can get one foot in it, but then again, I dont often have have to drain my feet if -- ever-- grin

AitchTwoOh Sun 17-Jul-11 21:51:24

look at the woman standing in it... it doesn't tip is all i'm sayin'.

i remember peachy saying that she has something similar, but it comes off a tow bar... it sounded brill but a tow bar for my car is £220. shock so if this works it could be fantastic.

oakmum Sun 17-Jul-11 21:53:52

When I think about the tread from last week(?) and posters told stories about 'travelarrangements in the car' with their parents, I'm happy it is invented now in 2011 and not in the 70's.grin

DownyEmerald Sun 17-Jul-11 21:56:28

wouldn't everything get covered in a thin film of oily blackness?

what if it rains? drain holes?

Looks fab tho'

Blu Sun 17-Jul-11 21:57:14

Yes, well, those bike carriers.

I had to take evasive action TWICE driving S from the Lake District at the end of half term when everyone had those 'easy to fit' bike carriers on the back - leaving their bikes scattered across the middle of the fast lane. And my neighbour's DH wrecked their bikes by similiar incompetent fixing and fastening, but thankfully witin 50 yards of home not on the M6 and M40.

These things look just as lethal.

But I still want one!

At £125 are they cheaper than a Halfords own make box ion top?

easier to get garden waste in, obv.

AitchTwoOh Sun 17-Jul-11 21:58:25

there is a cover in some of the pictures, it looks like it comes as standard but i don't know why it's not mentioned.

AitchTwoOh Sun 17-Jul-11 21:59:49

see that's the thing for me... i am too short to manage a roof box, i just cannot see how i could manage it. whereas this thing...

I reckon i'd not put heavy stuff in there, though, just bulky.

Slubberdegullion Mon 18-Jul-11 10:13:01

This is indeed a tremendous find Aitch.

The folding colander was pretty cool notwaving but this is like 4 levels of awesomeness up on that.

yy pack all the light stuff in there and heavy shit in the boot.

<off to find video of woman standing in it>

AitchTwoOh Mon 18-Jul-11 10:16:23

why thank you, slubber... <bows graciously>

ALTHOUGH. having looked through the FAQs i see that it doesn't in fact come with a cover as standard, but they are in production and the company will email when they are available. this, i think, is utter PISH. it's already £125, and it's a British product ffs, it should come with a lid.

Am going to phone them today... i am not paying extra for a sodding wet weather cover. i live in Scotland, ffs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now