Support thread for anyone grieving for a parent

(980 Posts)
mummylin Sat 08-Dec-12 19:28:41

I have done as maybe has suggested and started a new thread.My comp dosent cope well with long threads.

mummylin Wed 24-Apr-13 08:33:14

Kafri from what I have gleaned from the spiritual books i have read people who are ill when they pass are perfectly well in the spirit world so I think you can relax in thinking your mum would be in pain now. I understand what you mean that you may have to wait weeks at a spiritualist church for " your turn"
vlad hope you Are doing ok
t875 nothing for me beats a cup of tea !!! Not even a Pernod !!!!
snowflakes thinking of you and hope you are one of the first on the list for today rather than having to wait for ages.
For everyone else biscuits , ssd and all hope you all have a good day today.

BiscuitsandBaileys Wed 24-Apr-13 11:24:32

Thanks mummylin, hope you're having a good day too. The sun is out but does keep disappearing behind the odd cloud. It sounds like we're getting colder weather coming back which is a shame, it's been so nice to see some sunshine.

T875 thats great news about the job, well done smile

I've signed up to do the 10k race for life so I've been doing some exercise! I'm going to do it for my dad who lost his battle with cancer. I'm not particularly fit but I'm determined to run it!!! It's in July so I have a few months to train.

Hope everyone else is doing ok today, especially you snowflake xx

vladthedisorganised Wed 24-Apr-13 12:17:21

Hugs to everyone this morning.
t875 and snowflakes I've got everything crossed for you, for seperate reasons obviously!

biscuits where's your 10k? I got the all-clear to exercise from my GP this morning so looking for something to sign up to: really want to do something productive for Macmillan as they were great during Mum's illness (and she was always very practical). I'm considering the Thames Path walk in September: quite daunting but hopefully doable, and GP was very supportive about it. Hoping that DH and DD could meet me for a large breakfast at the end of it smile

mummylin you reminded me of a discussion I had with my friends some time ago: "If you were only allowed to eat or drink one thing other than fruit, bread and water, what would it be?" - tea even won over chocolate!

BiscuitsandBaileys Wed 24-Apr-13 13:32:11

vlad I'll pm you the exact location.
I've never heard of the Thames path walk before so I googled it, all I can say is wow, you do like a challenge! grin But jokes aside go for it. I'm glad I've got something to aim for, to get fit for and to raise a bit of money in the process.
You say you wanted to do something for Macmillan, they emailed me about something called Cycletta which is a women's only bike ride of various lengths and Macmillan are the charity partner. I think theres a few of them going on round the country.
I now do the Macmillan lottery which raises money for them as their nurses were a great help to my dad when he was diagnosed.

t875 Wed 24-Apr-13 14:06:34

snowflake - I hope all is going along ok, thinking of you!!

Vlad and biscuits - Well done you on your charity races and vlad the thames path sounds hard work! Were be behind you all the way well done!!

Thanks for the good luck on the job, i have to say im a little nervous about it..but trying to think positive though just hope I can concentrate!! Start tomorrow!

and mummylin - brew smile

I had a yummy breakfast today at a local pub, ooh it was nice..ok £8 but hey it was nice! Diet starts tomorrow! grin

ssd - thinking of you, hugs if needed
right best get going, hope your days are going along ok xx

likesnowflakesinanocean Wed 24-Apr-13 15:53:30

I'm backkkkkkk grin. I actually feel pretty good! thanks for all the wishes

mummylin Wed 24-Apr-13 16:09:41

Glad your ordeal is over. Do you feel ok ?

likesnowflakesinanocean Wed 24-Apr-13 16:12:01

feel ok mouth is pretty sore but feel better than I expected too grin.

mummylin Wed 24-Apr-13 16:12:37

biscuits well done for signing up to do a race. My days of exercise are well over now I think. Are you getting lots of sponsors ?

Manz39 Wed 24-Apr-13 17:30:56

Hello everyone, sorry I have been away for a day or so.
Mummylin - I have found my immediate family to be very supportive but my mum's wider family, her brother and sister etc. have pretty much left us to it. Same with friends really.
If anyone is in Kent, I can recommend a very good psychic. I went to see her a few months ago, my mum came through and I really believe it was her. She also talked about things that I hadn't even mentioned to anyone, not even my DH, it was like she was reading my mind!
Biscuits - hello, well done for signing up for Race for Life. I did it last year for my mum and hoping to do it again this year. I wanted to run the whole way, but didn't manage to do the training and ended up walking a lot. Hoping to do a bit more running this year.
Hello to everyone else, hope you are all doing ok

mummylin Wed 24-Apr-13 17:45:04

Hello manz my sister lives in Kent and is very much into all that sort of thing. Could you pm me the persons name and address or phone number. She lives in Chatham is that near enough ? Glad you were happy with your reading. I think some people can be very strange over death and seem to cut themselves off from it, almost like if they don't do or say anything it hasn't happened ! But as long as you have some support that is good.

t875 Wed 24-Apr-13 19:00:58

I'm a Kent girl Manz would be very interested who this psychic person is so if u could message me that would be great!! X

t875 Wed 24-Apr-13 19:03:29

I can imagine that gave you great comfort to have the reading!! I've had some friends that have shocked me and I've had some of immediate family shock me too tbh but I've had a few really great friends be a massive support. X

BiscuitsandBaileys Wed 24-Apr-13 19:20:13

mummylin I haven't asked anyone to sponsor me yet! It's not until July so I thought I'd ask people nearer the time. Tbh I feel cheeky asking when so many are finding things a bit tight at the moment but it's for a good cause smile

snowflake glad you are feeling well.

manz I would also be interested in the psychics name please. That must have been lovely for you to have your mum come through. Would you go again or is it something you do once? I've never seen a psychic but am starting to come round to the idea of seeing one.

Manz39 Wed 24-Apr-13 19:43:27

Can someone tell me how to message people then I can send the psychic's details to anyone that wants it?

I will definitely be going again, it did give me a lot of comfort and she was a lovely lady, very empathetic (if that's the right word!)

BiscuitsandBaileys Wed 24-Apr-13 19:49:51

On the right hand side of the bar with the posters name it says message poster, you just click on that xx

mummylin Wed 24-Apr-13 20:07:07

Looks like I will have to move !!!!

likesnowflakesinanocean Wed 24-Apr-13 20:22:08

why you have to move mummylin? :D

Manz39 Wed 24-Apr-13 20:22:56

Ok great, will be messaging you now people! x

Kafri Wed 24-Apr-13 21:11:28

could i get details too please? x

t875 Wed 24-Apr-13 23:26:56

I just can't believe the small world we have on here! Who would have known!!

I also let manz know that I know the lady in kent!! She is lovely! I haven't had a reading but I called her and it was right at the beginning and I was a sobbing mess. She told me a few things about my dad which happened to him which was mental!

Snowflake glad your feeling ok hun! I take it wisdom tooth??

Sending you hugs ssd always here for you. Hope your going along not too bad hun. X

t875 Wed 24-Apr-13 23:28:21

Yes mummylin move down here and you ssd! smile xx

Hi to kafri too hope your going along not too bad xx

mummylin Thu 25-Apr-13 00:22:13

That would be a bit odd, my sister coming back here and me moving away !!! Life can be very strange at times can't it. . It's now gone midnight and I have just woken up in my armchair !!! Oops xx

t875 Thu 25-Apr-13 08:54:48

On route to my new contract!! Nervous!! Wish I had mum to tell all about it. But I'm sure she'll be with me.

Gorgeous day here!! Hope you all have a good day best you all can xx

mummylin Thu 25-Apr-13 10:32:23

Good luck at your new job !!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now