Least plausible lies your dcs have told

(157 Posts)

DD (3) 'No I haven't had an accident - it was DS, he did a wee on my bottom.'

blinks Mon 02-Mar-09 09:18:09

as a child my little sister told everyone that a man 'with a green car' tried to lure her away from the park with promises of puppies/kittens etc.

my parents were horrified, the police were called and it was mentioned in the local paper.

20 years later she confessed (whilst drunk) that she made it up because she was 'being ignored' shock

Stayingsunnygirl Mon 02-Mar-09 09:03:55

I know it's not a childrens lie, but I've heard of a headteacher who told a bunch of 11-year-olds that the furry hat she wears for playground duty in the winter, is made from her cat. And they believed her - it's a legend in the school, apparently.

supergluebum Fri 27-Feb-09 17:39:29

My grandad was a police man so unlikely to have done this in his time off grin

I bit the new velvet curtains in the lounge (no idea why) and blamed it on my sister. Even after the subsequent tooth match up I got away with it because my front teeth had fallen out between the crime and the investigation. My parents still don't know grin

supergluebum Fri 27-Feb-09 17:36:27

My uncle wrote a story at school about how his dad (my grandad) went to the pub and punched a man on the nose. Total fiction. Cue my poor grandmother dragged into school with regards to this random act of violence.

vitality Fri 27-Feb-09 15:15:25

When I was at a friend's house the other day, her son (3yrs) proudly announced, "I did a wee on the train." Of course I thought he meant that he had weed while riding on a train, but he'd actually weed onto a toy train! Later that day he actually weed on his 1-yr-old sister. So the weeing on sibling story may actually be more plausible than it sounds.

feralgirl Fri 27-Feb-09 11:56:24

My brother, at the age of about 6, having been bought a new pair of cream jeans (what was my mum thinking?!)and been told that they're for best and not for playing outside in, came in with one leg rolled up to the thigh and one up to the knee and swore blind - even as my mum was unrolling them - that he absolutely positively hadn't been on his bike in his new jeans and that the big black marks on them weren't oil from the chain.
On another occasion, when asked what he'd done at school that day, told my parents that his teacher (in her late 50s) had stood on her head for an hour. Legend.

ninedragons Thu 26-Feb-09 22:25:29

I have been chortling about peep-o out of Mummy's fuffy for days now.

fallingstandards Thu 26-Feb-09 22:19:39

DS's first year in his new junior school age 7. Asked to write about Christmas at home. "We don't have Christmas dinner in our house" he wrote, "all we do is stuff our faces with crisps and chocolate and sweets"! This gets pinned up on the wall with all the other offerings as part of the display for parents' evening. We are forced to stand there and watch everyone read it!

Oh this one is a classic!!!

DP collected ds1 10yrs from school yesterday and as usual bought him a chocolate bar and a milkshake..cos he knows i don't allow him to have them..

anyway he also bought me a snicker and ds2 17m a kitkat

so ds1 eats his on way home ds2 has 1 finger of kitkat and i leave the rest on the side..
its gone this morning so

ME: ds1 did you eat ds2;s chocolate

ds1: No mum, i thought about it but i couldn't find it but the wrapper turned up in my room, dad or ds2 must have put it there........

errrrrrrrrr while they were asleep?

harpomarx Thu 26-Feb-09 21:01:05

By MadamDeathstare on Sat 21-Feb-09 13:17:30
The DTDs had to provide information for their nursery school teachers to put in the Mother's Day cards.

So DTD2's card came home with the sentences
"My mother's name is MadamDeathStare, she is 72 years old and she is a worker who makes umbrellas".

This was actually an improvement on DTD1's card which said "My mother looks her prettiest when she takes off her jammas and puts on clean clothes".

I love this one and from now on, when I see MadamDeathstare's name I will be seeing a wizened umbrella-maker grin

Ohforfoxsake Thu 26-Feb-09 20:55:40

I can't get passed Sparklyheartlust's DD 'peep'o-ing out of Mummy's fluffy' to her colleague

OMG am crying grin

FAQinglovely Thu 26-Feb-09 12:35:15

latest one - from DS1..........

"no mumm I wasn't up playing on the computer in the middle of the night"

ermm right - that's why I was fast asleep in bed upstairs while apparently playing on car games online...............at 3am hmm (the joys on an internet history grin)

dylansmummy2405 Thu 26-Feb-09 12:33:12

Woret would have to be DB who used to come home from nursery for weeks covered in cuts and bruises when asked about it would say that a boy called Annie did it. Mum promptly went into the nursery furious at their lack of control over the children to be toled that there was no boy there called annie and that DB was a very clumsy child. Which is still true to this day and he's now a father himself and 21!! However when quizzed about it he still blames annie. we may have believed the nursery were lying if it wasn't for the fact that annie started to do naughty things at home like eating all the chocolate out of DB advent calender.

deste Wed 25-Feb-09 20:51:06

I asked my son who made that hole in the corner of the windowsill and wall. I dont know, maybe it was a bogler who came in and used daddy's new pen.

Twims Wed 25-Feb-09 00:20:49

TheSmallClanger Mon 23-Feb-09 22:35:34

Tiny Clanger once hoodwinked her entire class, including the teacher, into believing that she was in fact the little blonde French girl from the Petit Filous adverts that were on a few years ago. I have never quite lived it down.

My brother used to claim to be the baby on the Pampers box.

Jux Mon 23-Feb-09 21:10:04

My mum's bloody clever as we learnt to our cost that day, Stayingsunnygirl!

bobblehat Mon 23-Feb-09 13:26:39

My dc's aren't as imaginative as some on here.

But I remember when ds2 was 1 and ds1 was 4, ds 1 was crying. When I asked ds1 what had happened he replied 'I think he trapped his fingers in the door....or I might have trapped them for him...'

Stayingsunnygirl Mon 23-Feb-09 13:10:10

It's strange what suspicious minds mums have, isn't it Jux. I can't imagine what made her leap to such a wild conclusion!wink

Jux Mon 23-Feb-09 12:51:35

Me, 7, little bro, 5. Found 2 packs of 20 fags in the room our cousin had been staying in after he'd gone. Shut ourselves into my room and smoked the lot. Didn't know how to put them out after a couple of drags on each so dumped them in the basin in the corner with tap on low. Little bro says "I feel sick, get mum". I run downstairs and get mum.

Mum opens bedroom door, takes in smoke filled room and basin full of wet fag butts and says "You've been smoking". We say "No, we haven't". Really thought she'd believe that one. grin

FimbleHobbs Mon 23-Feb-09 12:13:25

Not sure which is funnier, the whoppers DD tells on the way home in the car or the way DS swallows them.

DD (2.5) - Its not nice to knock your house down
DS (4) - No its not
DD - Grandad knocked my house down
DS - Mummy, M says Grandad has knocked the house down!
Me - I think she means a pretend house, don't worry about it
DS - M, do you mean a pretend house?
DD - No, Grandad knocked my REAL house all down. Hes not kind.
DS (getting panicky) - Mummy she said he knocked our REAL house down!!!!
Me (pulling into driveway) - Heres our house, look its fine.
DS - Oh. I thought Grandad had knocked it down.

Marthasmama Sat 21-Feb-09 15:05:53

Kaytee - Fantastic!

I was in a changing room with my DS when he was 2.5. I was trying on a dress and he shouted 'Mummy, I can see your pink boobies. Oh no! Now your boobies have fallen on the floor'. He confused bras with boobs.....honest!

I am sure he's told some fantastic whoppers but I can't think of any. He did tell us that he saw a rat at school and that he had kicked the rat when it tried to run towards him. Obviously we didn't believe him. However, that one turned out to be true! The rat is a regular visitor to the school and it is not scared of the kids. It tried to run in DS's direction and he walloped it! We felt like bad parents as we managed to convinced him that he had made it up blush.

DSS is blamed atleast once every day by DS2 (4yo). Everything from

DS2 eating a biscuit he has pinched from the cupboatd - "DS2 who said you could have a biscuit" "Henry did Mummy"

"DS2 did you draw on your bedroom wall with Daddy's black marker pen?" "No Mummy Henry did" (while stood there with pen on face, arms and legs and a pen shape lump down his sock)

potentially plausible except DSS is 13 ives with his Mum and comes to visit approx once a month!!!

parachutes Sat 21-Feb-09 14:45:24

Kaytee you've just reminded me of being in the loo with ds in a supermarket. I needed to go too and when I was he piped up with "mum, why don't ladies have willies?" and proceeded to machine-gun questions at me regarding that part of my anatomy. I could hear the sniggers outside the cubicle and when we walked out there were two women who were literally bent double over the sinks almost crying with laughter.

Kayteee Sat 21-Feb-09 14:24:37

In a posh restaurant, took ds to the ladies loo where I stood and waited with him in the cubicle....ds shouts "Mum! I've just seen your bottom and it made my eyes water"... manic giggles from the ladies who were queueing up outside. blush Then the "walk of shame" getting through said queue back to our table blush blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now