Following on from yesterday's "shit dog" thread, I've decided that you should buy a dog that SUITS you. Don't come on here saying "I'm a ballet dancer and my DH is a ballet dancer as well adn we have 14 rottweilers with studded collars" because you will be admitting you GOT IT WRONG

(260 Posts)
MamaG Tue 13-Jan-09 10:48:29

We chose a labrador.
We live in the cuntry.
We own guns <<gets self banned from F&V village hall forever>>.
We wear Hunter wellies and Barbours on dog walks.

If we'd bought a little fluffy dog it would have been ridiculous.

If you don't suit your dog, maybe we could start a dog swap thread?

<gavel>

nickytwotimes Tue 13-Jan-09 10:50:04

I have no dog, ergo I have no life. wink

fishie Tue 13-Jan-09 10:50:10

yes i used to have a mongrel. highly suitable as i have very scruffy hair, long legs and live in urban squalor.

madwomanintheattic Tue 13-Jan-09 10:50:23

<takes deep breath and goes for the full admission>
dh is an army officer and we have a chocolate labrador and a black labrador.

we sooooo got it right.

(oh, my hunters are yellow, not green. i got that bit wrong...)

I don't have a dog, but I've often thought that, if I did have one, I'd should get a basset hound as they seem the closest to my personality.wink

MamaG Tue 13-Jan-09 10:55:01

<gives madwoman a pheasant>

bronze Tue 13-Jan-09 10:57:32

Not sure if we got it right you decide.
Our gsdx (collie plus various other things) adopted us.
We live in a rural village, I have purple hunters and dh has one gun.

silverfrog Tue 13-Jan-09 10:58:26

so, if i come on here and say I have a rottweiler - what lifestyle/personalitydoes that give me?

bronze Tue 13-Jan-09 10:58:46

Its only a piddling gun though grin hes not that manly but it does a good job on the rats that invade the chicken run.

poshwellies Tue 13-Jan-09 10:59:18

We live in country
DH has a Gun
I have 'posh' wellies too (although they are fecking years old)
We have a badly behaved parsons terrier (small but wirey)

Good choice I thought

madwomanintheattic Tue 13-Jan-09 10:59:41

<hands it back>
already got two in the freezer lol.

MamaG Tue 13-Jan-09 11:00:36

poshwellies and bronze, thats fine <gavel>

Silverfrog - you tell me

madwomanintheattic Tue 13-Jan-09 11:00:46

dh keeps his guns at work.

RubberDuck Tue 13-Jan-09 11:01:15

I should have a greyhound definitely.

I look like I'm fit, have bursts of enthusiasm from time to time, but in reality I spend most of my time flaked out on a sofa grin

silverfrog Tue 13-Jan-09 11:03:16

well, obviously neither dh or I are ballet dancers - I wouldn't be so foolish as to admit to my rottie in that case wink, but I wondered what we should be, given that we own a rottie (no studded collar, though, just a rather fetching red leather one, which offsets her black coat nicely)

oh, and she is a rottie with a tail, so is often mistaken for a lab <mind boggles emoticon>

silverfrog Tue 13-Jan-09 11:03:16

well, obviously neither dh or I are ballet dancers - I wouldn't be so foolish as to admit to my rottie in that case wink, but I wondered what we should be, given that we own a rottie (no studded collar, though, just a rather fetching red leather one, which offsets her black coat nicely)

oh, and she is a rottie with a tail, so is often mistaken for a lab <mind boggles emoticon>

ThePregnantHedgeWitch Tue 13-Jan-09 11:08:28

my dads an engineer, my moms a 'housewife' previously a SAHM with a small pt job when me and bro were at school.

They've always had King Charles Cavaliers.

I dont have a dog, i have a toddler wink

Threadworm Tue 13-Jan-09 11:11:13

I am ingratiating and avoid conflict at all cost.

My parson russell terrier is chippy like this.

Should I dog swap with a poodle, or do you thing we complement eachother?

purpleduck Tue 13-Jan-09 11:11:18

I have one Greyhound, and one small fluffy dog of indeterminate parentage.

I live in a town, and I have no posh wellies.

I don't understand
sad

TheDevilWearsPrimark Tue 13-Jan-09 11:11:40

My friend who is very petite and very ladylike has a great big bounding american bulldog cross mastiff. She didn't realise just how big he would get when she got him as a puppy from the rescue centre.

They do however make a surprisingly good match, she has named him kit and he has a fab selection of glittery collars.

My parents who live in the suburbs of a small city and are very outdoorsey have a king charles spaniel who is a bit of a crap dog tbh. he is only 3 but acts like he is 20, all he does is sleep and he hates walks longer than 10 minutes, they weren't to know.

silverfrog come and join me in the rottie owner's club. (I think Bluesapphire is also a rottie owner, and LEMummy used to be) We all live in squalid houses, because we spend all our money on tattoos, extra strength lager, and Burberry clothes grin.

cyteen Tue 13-Jan-09 11:15:48

lol TDWP, your parents' dog reminds me of a friend's rescue dog. it was rescued from a life spent in a bedsit with a 100-a-day smoker and had a serious nicotine addiction. he used to have to drag it to the park (literally on his doorstep) every day.

JulesJules Tue 13-Jan-09 11:17:43

DD1 wants a chihuahua (tiny but feisty, apparently) while DD2 wants a "Kingkong Spanion" - DH says both these are "dropkick dogs" What to do? In the meantime we have cats...

DrNortherner Tue 13-Jan-09 11:19:17

We chose a labrador.

We live in a house in a town (albeit a very posh town doncha know) with Yorkshire Dales on our doorstep.

We have no guns, but we do have posh wellies, outdoor walking gear and lead very active lifestyles.

DrNortherner Tue 13-Jan-09 11:19:50

I AM the Dog Whisperer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now