... to expect people who use parent & baby car parking spaces to have children with them?

(443 Posts)
fryalot Mon 05-Feb-07 15:11:54

Or am I the only who gets fed up of waiting for a space because they are all filled with lazy b***ds who can't be bothered to walk an extra yard?

Glad you were joking Vicky, but I have seen people with babies park in disabled bays, when the P&T spaces are full.
Sorry for my rant

Vicky75 Thu 08-Feb-07 22:09:39

I feel really sick that I've upset so many people & that they've got so cross towards me.

2shoescoveredinhearts Thu 08-Feb-07 21:59:24

Vicky75 glad you were joking

Vicky75 Thu 08-Feb-07 21:57:26

God, I'm really sorry for offending anyone. Of course I don't park in the disabled places-if there aren't any mother/baby spaces I park right at the other end of the car park where there is loads of empty bays so I've got room. I wouldn't dream of taking a place away from the elderly or disabled-I used to move out of the elderly seats on the bus when I was pregnant!
I did a joke in bad taste & I apologise

jenwa Thu 08-Feb-07 20:51:04

i dont think having a baby makes you disabled or qualify for a space. I know plenty of disabled people and work with many who have disabilites but this is not about that, this thread started with being annoyed about mother and baby spaces.

I dont park in disabled spaces (only the two times metioned) and at the nursing home I can move my car as soon as required (and have only parked in that space twice since my gran been there) Would never park in disabled space normally and would feel uncomfortble doing so as I am well aware of the difficulties and possible use of equipment people have who use them.

bumblebeee Thu 08-Feb-07 20:40:43

But it is going on, and on and on.......yawn

ladymariner Thu 08-Feb-07 19:19:30

Amazed this is still going on, but I have to say I think a PO counter for blonde Librans is a much more fulfilling proposal, jimjams, emerald & bumblebee!!!! (do you have to be a natural blonde though?!!)
(By the way, it is not my intention to trivialise any of this thread, most people seem to have some really valid, if opposing, views.)

LittleBoSheep Thu 08-Feb-07 19:10:59

Oh bloody hell if this was a flea bitten labrador it would have been put out of its misery by now.

again at some of these posts!! (i think that a every day so far) Having a baby DOES NOT make you disabled and I think that anyone that does it, is bloodly out of order. My DS is 9 and has Cerebral Palsy, he is mobile (atm) but as the years have passed he has got slower and he finds the effort of walking very very tiring, but he refuses to give up. Why should he forfit his walking, to go into a wheelchair because I can't get parked in a disabled bay, and has to park further awaY because some VERY selfish mother has decided that her and her baby are more important......

Muminfife Thu 08-Feb-07 17:08:33

hitchcock - is there a time after which one may no longer bring one's offspring to the grocery store??
i have been known to put a pinafore over dd's pyjamas and take her shopping at 10pm, or if we're on the way back from a dinner party and need something essential, pop in at about 1 in the morning, bringing kids with me if awake.
am i going to have to go to prison??
i actually never go to a supermarket before 6pm, as i find this increases the likelyhood of a rampaging pensioner belting my unborn child-containing bump with a basket or trolley.
i mean, ok, i have aspergers and social phobia, so i am quite sure i have less resolve than most, but supermarkets are a bit terrifying.
so i'm a bit concerned there's another one of those unwritten social rules i have yet to find out about it - please somebody write these things down for me!!
regarding parking in a disabled parking space when not carrying a disabled badge or asking permission with the front desk - this to me symbolises a flagrant disregard of the rules which make britain such a lovely rule-bound place. just too freaky for me. i would quite literally have a panic attack if i did this.
but i can understand people getting frustrated if other people are obviously breaking rules too.
i love this thread - it could be changed to 'victims of supermarket-carpark-related crime' to give a wider scope and add interest.
they seem to turn people into nutters.
why would somebody seeing a pregnant woman with two young children and a belly containing either a baby or a debilatating tumour drive across a zebra crossing and nearly kill them (well, make them nervous)? what are the odds of more than one person in a queue of five cars being crazy enough to do this?
about 3:1 it seems.
people are very disconcerting.

tirnanog Thu 08-Feb-07 16:52:37

that has really made my day,thankyou

2shoes Thu 08-Feb-07 16:51:34

well said tirnanog i have said you were lovely before and I will say it again

tirnanog Thu 08-Feb-07 16:35:00

There is absolutely no excuses that can justify the use of a disabled parking bay by an abled bodied person.This discussion has rumbled on for days now and I'm completely amazed by some of the posts,life is hard enough when you are unable to walk very well or far but to find your ability to park in a spot which is designated to you ,not because it happens to be convenient but because it is essential is incomprehensible.

2shoes Thu 08-Feb-07 16:15:35

so if you can park in disabled bays i can park in p&t bays.

jenwa Thu 08-Feb-07 15:57:32

3andnomore - I know thats what people are annoyed about, just agreeing with her re car park monitor.

I dont park in disabled places myself but know people who have. Although I do when I visit my gran in her nursing home as they are normally the only spaces left and the other ones are even more narrow then normal ones! I am there early and there are never any disabled drivers there and they know who I am if I need to move. (only park there when dd with me)

In our local carpark there are loads of disabled spaces and they never get filled , oph yes did park there once too but that was as the whole floor was empty and it appeared all mother and babys were parking there!

have not done though in tescos or at any other occassion.

misdee Thu 08-Feb-07 15:54:24

do not use disabled bays if not disabled. simple really isnt it?

having a baaaaaaaby does not make you disabled. i can neogiate a packed car park with 3 terrors, one with ASD traits, quite easily. shove my dh in the car, and if we cant get a disabled space or an end space for him to swing his door wide open, get his heart equipment in and out etc etc then we turn round and go home.

3andnomore Thu 08-Feb-07 15:51:33

Jenwa, the problem is not the statement of becoming the carpark-monitor....the statement that she now uses the disabled bays instead is what is shocking, and being stressed or hormonla, or feeling wrong done by does NOT excuse that.

jenwa Thu 08-Feb-07 15:49:09

God!! Every one is very stressed and its getting nasty!!!!

Vicky - I sometimes get sooo wound up feel like reporting too and have done once, how sad though!!!! Why do we get so stressed!!!

3andnomore Thu 08-Feb-07 15:47:56

That si very bad then...indeed having a BAby is definately nothing like being disabled and it would be appalling behaviour.

IntergalacticWalrus Thu 08-Feb-07 15:34:59

Me too misdee. But hey ho.

misdee Thu 08-Feb-07 15:33:57

yeah fuck off is better

*gonna get told off for that.

IntergalacticWalrus Thu 08-Feb-07 15:32:22

I know it's a long thread and all that, but if she'd read the first few posts, she might have got the jist.

2shoes Thu 08-Feb-07 15:29:53

she is not a troll as she is on one of the meet up threads.

IntergalacticWalrus Thu 08-Feb-07 15:27:41

I would have said fuck off myself, but that's just me

misdee Thu 08-Feb-07 15:26:09

haha. i have been pretty restrained.

i hope to god she is joking, having a baby is nothing like being disabled.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now