To put DH in pee therapy

(107 Posts)
fleetfoot Sun 17-Aug-14 03:32:06

DH, otherwise normal-ish, when drunk pisses anywhere but the loo. Into radiators, bottles, wardrobes, beds... Just caught him, 3am, dick in box of Kleenex on the windowsill (right next to the bathroom). Oh and he will only pee in the sink not loo when sober but that's a whole other thread. So what is this pee psychopathology and what can we do about it?!

BOFster Sun 17-Aug-14 03:34:52

The problem is his drinking.

How is he not disgusted with himself?

maras2 Sun 17-Aug-14 03:43:26

Dirty pig.

catsofa Sun 17-Aug-14 03:46:52

Have you discussed it with him? What does he say? Not peeing in the loo when sober either does not sound like an unrelated issue, wtf is that all about?

TheMaddHugger Sun 17-Aug-14 03:57:13

He sounds Loony Tunes [shocked]

nocoolnamesleft Sun 17-Aug-14 04:02:08

Given that he can't even urinate into the correct part of the bathroom suite when sober, why are you shocked that he cocks up which receptacle to use when pissed? Either his piss goes down the loo, or his piss-ups go down the pan.

ADishBestEatenCold Sun 17-Aug-14 04:18:27

This is a regular thing?

And you live with this man? Share a home with him? Eat with him? Have sex with him? Share your life with him?

Do you want to continue doing these things?

(p.s. Does he poo in the loo?)

steff13 Sun 17-Aug-14 04:18:43

He pees in the sink? Aren't you worried that little flecks of pee are getting on your toothbrush? Liquid splashes, you know.

KrisBH Sun 17-Aug-14 07:18:42

Gros! I would not be able to live with this man and would demand he sort himself out pronto. Bizarre behaviour and personally I wouldn't give a cr#p about the psychology behind it, just sounds like a lazy b'stard! When sober he can decide where to pee for Christ's sake, refusing to pee in the loo just smacks of a lack of respect for anyone else using the sink after him. If he can't control his impulses when drunk, he needs to stop getting drunk! Urgh, this has made me feel ridiculously grateful that my dh pees in the loo, talk about low expectations!

gingercat2 Sun 17-Aug-14 07:22:19

I really don't think I could deal with this behaviour.

Only1scoop Sun 17-Aug-14 07:28:05

I was once with someone who used to do this I was really young and kind if put up with it to a degree. If Dp now did that I think I'd have to call it a day.

EhricLovesTheBhrothers Sun 17-Aug-14 07:29:24

What?
Sorry, what?
You allow him to share your home? This is incomprehensible. What does he think about it?

OwlCapone Sun 17-Aug-14 07:30:40

Is he still a useless tosser with your DD too?

DogCalledRudis Sun 17-Aug-14 07:34:21

Are you people for real?
I understand wetting himself after too much to drink, but this... Maybe film him next time and put on youtube?

WaxyBean Sun 17-Aug-14 07:37:46

Eewww - and you still share a home with him?

And peeing in the sink will eventually block it. My dad works in a homeless shelter and when designing the new shelter specifically asked for the in-room sinks to have larger than usual drainage pipes to reduce the risk of them getting blocked due to calcium and uric acid crystal deposits from urine. Toilets are designed for a reason.

GobblersKnob Sun 17-Aug-14 07:57:36

Presumably you have talked to him about it? What does he say?

eyebags63 Sun 17-Aug-14 08:32:45

Sounds like he has a major drinking issue if he is getting so drunk he is pissing everywhere.

Also, he will only pee in the sink when sober?? WHAT? Does he have some kind of anxiety, a toilet phobia? Or is this just a disgusting habit.

Leela5 Sun 17-Aug-14 08:38:56

My ex used to do this - did you marry him?! He used to pee into bottles which he'd cap and leave under bed.

Seriously though - this is disrespectful behaviour and if it's due to drink and he wouldn't do it when sober then then sign of drinking problem.

If doing it when sober he's just disgusting.

LoveBeingInTheSun Sun 17-Aug-14 08:40:49

The best way to teach him is to leave and make sure the heating is left on

ILovePud Sun 17-Aug-14 08:47:24

Yuck, does he clean the piss up himself? I imagine pissing into a wardrobe would require quite an extensive clean up operation.

angelohsodelight Sun 17-Aug-14 08:47:44

Dirty fucker

sebsmummy1 Sun 17-Aug-14 08:53:44

As opposed to calling him names on here, why does he not use the toilet when sober? I think that is your starting point as I assume it's phobic behaviour, then you need to tackle the drinking and why he is getting so paralytic that he is urinating around the house.

Letthemtalk Sun 17-Aug-14 08:59:08

A friend of mine at university used to do this when drunk. He went to the doctors about it. Their advice?? Don't get drunk.

Your husband is gross.

fleetfoot Sun 17-Aug-14 09:30:38

Yes, it's phobia. Seems to think there are some sort of gremlins in the loo... Plus gross laziness plus laddish medical school culture. Still. Heavy drinking is rare (once a year) though obviously excessive then. Maybe I could potty train him alongside toddler: chocolate buttons?

Euphemia Sun 17-Aug-14 09:32:57

Laddish medical school culture? Are you telling us this man is a doctor?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now