To wonder if I'm allowed to shop in Waitrose?

(160 Posts)
ohmymimi Mon 18-Nov-13 14:30:47

One is opening nearby. I'm probably slightly lower middle class, I have ordered on-line from John Lewis, though, and I've never shopped in my pyjamas without a jumper and jeans on top.

grumpyoldbat Tue 19-Nov-13 08:27:03

Never been to Waitrose. Our nearest is about 30miles away. I'll stick to Lidl, being underclass I'll not be welcome.

Inglori0us Tue 19-Nov-13 09:30:09

I love Waitrose but my DH says we're not Waitrose People. As a result I hide my delicious contraband and eat it in secret while he has the Tesco stuff.

ProfPlumSpeaking Tue 19-Nov-13 09:31:57

Yes, but only their Essentials range wink

ohmymimi Tue 19-Nov-13 09:57:59

Justmyview - where can I get a man with rhubarb cords? I live v near the Cotswolds, so have seen a few about - can you rent one by the hour?

Melonbreath Tue 19-Nov-13 09:59:38

Yabu.
You are clearly an oik. It drives me mad the riff raff that's cluttering up my favourite naice supermarket. Now if you'll excuse me I need to stock up on diamond studded potatoes and swan burgers.

hoity toitelly walks away from thread with snooty nose in air and haughty face

ohmymimi Tue 19-Nov-13 10:13:43

Melon - Excuse me, I'm 55 percent oik, I've done the test and I'm posh from the waist up ( true because my fanjolina has been around and once had an encounter with a manual worker).

nancerama Tue 19-Nov-13 11:27:42

Nothing wrong with the essentials range. Any shop that defines chocolate eclair as an essential is the shop for me.

Punkatheart Tue 19-Nov-13 13:10:37

I love the idea of Waitrose as a dirty little secret. wink

gotthemoononastick Tue 19-Nov-13 13:29:51

I am a slow classless(because I am forrin ) old lady who can do whatever I want, whenever I want!

I go specially to see the little fairies in tutus,wings and wellies that Mrs de Vere describes so well.Love the little boys with dirty knees in the above.They speak beautifully and help!

And the baked cheesecake!

GhostsInSnow Tue 19-Nov-13 13:54:44

Ooh I love Waitrose. Our city is classed as 'not fitting their demographic' though so the nearest one is 20 miles away and I have to make do with Ocado.

DH took me out for the day last year for my birthday, he asked me if there was anywhere specific I wanted to go, I replied 'Waitrose!'. He thought I was joking....I wasn't. Had a great time fact finding for naice foods to order from Ocado including the amazing essentials mandarin cheesecake which is a little slice of heaven.

I'm 39% Posh, I fear my Barbour Jacket (donkeys years old) and Hunter Wellies (won in a competition) let me down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now