To stand up and give Sinead O'Connor a round of applause

(202 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

Not something that would normally happen at Maison Fifi but in this case I think it is richly deserved for her open letter to Miley Cyrus. I know Sinead is no stranger to courting publicity but with this one I think she is bang on the money www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24382051

Actually, I'd like to print some of the comments about being worth more than your body or sex appeal out and hand them out to some of the secondary school girls going past my gate on a morning.

A further reason to think Sinead O Connor should just fuck off is her latest response, which is all WAH IMMA CALL MY LAWYER. The absolute hallmark of the self-righteous bully, that one. First she has a public go at Miley Cyrus, calling her a slut and an idiot and patronizing her all over the place and when Cyrus, quite understandably, reacts with derision rather than tearful thank-you-for-putting-me-firmly-in-my-place adoration, O Connor has a big tantrum. Sinead O Connor's been a professional look-at-my-bleeding wounds martyr for years, and I don't think that encouraging young women to see themselves as helpless victims is all that feminist.

quesadilla Sat 05-Oct-13 23:44:44

I sort of cheered inside at what she was saying but the presentation was unfortunate. As was the very personal nature of the way it was delivered.

Sinead is on the money but singling out Miley seemed a bit too direct. If it hadn't been for the Hannah Montana thing no-one would find her any worse than the next scantily clad popstrel.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now