to feel positively evangelical about electronic cigarettes?

(984 Posts)
KatyTheCleaningLady Fri 27-Sep-13 15:07:18

I was reading the AIBU thread about the husband vaping in the house with a newborn. I was struck by the passionate testimonials from former smokers, saying they couldn't have done it without e-cigs. I had tried a puff one of those things that look like a cigarette and was underwhelmed. But I didn't know about the more advanced set ups where you can fill them up with your flavour of choice. Anyway, I was intrigued. I smoked a pack a day for 25 years, and never quit more than a few months at a time, no matter which methods I tried.

nb84 encouraged me to give it a try and told me what to buy to get started.

I ordered a starter kit that night. It arrived the next day and I fell in love. I have three of them, now (one always charging, one near to hand, and one in my purse ready to go) and eight different flavours of the juice.

I don't want to smoke cigarettes any more. I like this better. It tastes really good. It feels good. And it doesn't stink. My hands, clothing, and breath don't reek anymore. I don't have to keep going outside. I don't have to feel like a smelly pariah. My husband can't smell it even when I'm sitting right next to him.

And I don't have to try and not think about the fact that my mother died of cancer after spending her last decade debilitated by emphysema.

And instead of paying £8 a day for fags, I can buy a week's worth of juice for £10. The hardware was less than £20 to get started and will require only £10 a month going forward. Of course, I can spend more. Many people geek out on it as a hobby because the gadgets are fun and constantly improving.

I'm not worried about putting on weight like people usually do when giving up the cancer sticks. In fact, I snack less. I no longer crave sweets. I would normally nibble all day, especially Haribo sweets. I don't want them anymore because I am tasting a bunch of sweet flavours all day long.

I'm so happy that I want to tell everyone - every smoker and everyone who loves a smoker - about it. grin

magimedi Fri 15-Nov-13 21:53:19

Go for the AIBU, Plenty - GO!

I clean mine with meths - and I am not a bag lady!!

DH used to smoke a pipe & gave up about 5 years ago. He is horriblly interested in all things vaping & suggested pipe cleaners & meths to me. You have to leave it to dry for 6 hours or so after cleaning & there is no taste at all.

Drink the vodka - use meths it's the same sort of alcohol & works.

magimedi Fri 15-Nov-13 21:54:22

I've had a drink & am going to go & start the next thread!!

You are all welcome to beat me up about it tomorrow!! [grin}

magimedi Fri 15-Nov-13 22:03:38

I need help!

I want to get started, but I have no clue. All this talk about mixing liquids and battery stuff...I feel very confused.

I saw this on ParadiseVape www.paradisevapeuk.co.uk/product-p/xmas-ego.htm?1=1&CartID=1

And it looks very cheap, am I going to be disappointed? Can I use any liquids with these? What is the difference between PG/VG? When I select a liquid, it asks what mix I want confused

yummymum2014 Wed 08-Jan-14 11:25:40

I've recently started using e-cigarettes and the guys at http://vape-life.co.uk we're really helpful and well priced. They only sell UK based liquids from Decadent Vapours and I've been smoke free for 2 weeks now. I contacted them through twitter http://twitter.com/vapelife_ oriinally and they recommended the eVod and an eLiquid which has been amazing.

yummymum2014 Wed 08-Jan-14 11:27:37

I've recently started using e-cigarettes and the guys at vape-life.co.uk we're really helpful and well priced. They only sell UK based liquids from Decadent Vapours and I've been smoke free for 2 weeks now. I contacted them through twitter twitter.com/vapelife_ oriinally and they recommended the eVod and an eLiquid which has been amazing.

Sorry I forgot to convert links so apologies for repeat posting smile

Well done yummy flowers

Come and join us on the new thread smile

jay4wayne Wed 08-Jan-14 22:46:25

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

millabbie123 Tue 03-Jun-14 22:59:09

I have found it loads cheaper using a ecig, i bought mine of ebay its been great they also have a website and i get 4 bottles of e-liquid for £9.99 and the ego is only £7.45. 4 bottles does me a month so loads cheaper. www.ecigcrazy.co.uk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now