TidyDancer's bridezilla thread part 2

(1000 Posts)
TidyDancer Wed 24-Jul-13 23:22:54

New thread. smile

pictish Wed 24-Jul-13 23:27:08

Marking my place!

Keep it cold and factual OP.

Inertia Wed 24-Jul-13 23:27:45

I think the problem with writing an explanation is that she won't trouble herself to read it. You need to be as succinct as possible.

AncientCrone Wed 24-Jul-13 23:29:13

I agree with PP that you need to explain (succinctly) that she's behaved appallingly. Catty comments about STD are just going to make her think that you're pissed off about the lack of invitation.

deleted203 Wed 24-Jul-13 23:29:14

Marking place out of sheer nosiness!

mynameismskane Wed 24-Jul-13 23:29:58

Please

Please

Please

Please!

Send her the link to this thread...

Please!

Angelico Wed 24-Jul-13 23:30:04

Marks place smile I agree with Inertia - short and sweet to get the point across. Love the 'Are you on glue?' but think it would just bewilder someone that cheeky. You're going to have to spell - it - out for her.

Good luck! wink

Januarymadness Wed 24-Jul-13 23:30:23

I think Coco said it well. Hall decorating is something close friend would do. You are oviously not a close friend so it is a fucking cheek to ask. (Paraphrasing)

Angelico Wed 24-Jul-13 23:31:01

Bollocks, I have accidentally done some weird thing with strikeouts confused But the message stands!

YouTheCat Wed 24-Jul-13 23:31:55

Can you contact the other 19 non-invitees and make sure they have a heads up that she's on the scrounge?

Dinosaurdrip Wed 24-Jul-13 23:33:08

Marking place for tomorrow.

<marks place> thank you for linking before the other thread filled up grin

AntlersInAllOfMyDecorating Wed 24-Jul-13 23:35:16

It's not like you haven't said as much already!

trincomalee Wed 24-Jul-13 23:35:52

De-lurking to say I agree cool and succinct is the way to go. BalloonSlayer's pointing out how RUDE she has been is good.
Or, from Hecsy's post: 'You don't want me at your wedding, but you expect me to help you make it nice for those you did see fit to invite?'

Patosshades Wed 24-Jul-13 23:36:04

Dear F,

When you finally get around to googling what a save the date card is actually for, I hope you have a friend or two left.

I wish you well with your life.

Regards
Tidy

SlangWhanger Wed 24-Jul-13 23:36:28

I have tried to write a reply that I would actually send rather than one that I would like to send IYSWIM

Dear Stupid
I know we talked about this but that was when I thought I was invited to your wedding. Since i have found out that i am not invited I am sure you can understand that I would feel really awkward helping you decorate the reception. I think it is more appropriate for you to ask for help from one of your wedding guests. They may be more inclined to help you.

NayFindus Wed 24-Jul-13 23:37:12

Great thread TidyDancer! <marks place> I'm with the keep cool and don't let her hold sour grapes over you group. She does sound a bit, how would you put it, unaware? So something like

Dear friend (ahem)

I would have loved to have helped you but I'm a bit stretched that week. Can't wait to see the photos!

Best wishes

Tidy

Leave her nothing to get a horrid painted hook into.

ThatVikRinA22 Wed 24-Jul-13 23:39:02

if i dont post i wont find this thread again....sorry to be a rubbernecking hillbilly but - seems i am.

just waiting to see if you get any response! i would be very succinct and to the point now.
say it like it is, and move on.

Chippychop Wed 24-Jul-13 23:39:07

What about sending the story to a cheesy mag and going public but sending her a curt response at the same time

mynameismskane Wed 24-Jul-13 23:40:14

Just say,
'Everything you need to hear about this situation is in this link. You have obviously slipped into the realms of twattery so I want to do you a favour so you can get a fucking grip and see yourself for what you are. This link will help you do this. Hopefully it will bring you back to your senses.'

Perfeck!

<bookmarking>

Another vote for sending her a link to this thread. Please smile

NatashaBee Wed 24-Jul-13 23:41:35

Yay! I vote for the Sylvanian family army... Pure genius!

SoleSource Wed 24-Jul-13 23:42:45

Ajaney Wed 24-Jul-13 23:43:10

I am in absolute stitches! I have read some great bridezilla threads but this is a whole new level!

Dear bride
Did you mean to be so rude?
Tidy

This thread is not accepting new messages.