Aibu to ask where you shop for clothes and how old you are?

(256 Posts)
Yawner247 Sun 19-May-13 20:22:10

Was just wondering as I am 29 and a mother of two young children and I'm not a huge fan of clothes shopping and am by no means a fashion icon!!! But was wondering where you shop and how old you were as the shops I seem to like seem to be popular with people older than me which is giving me a complex!!! Not helped by my dh saying some of my clothes are hideous!!

Wouldntyouliketoknow Sun 19-May-13 21:29:31

I'm 23, and shop mainly in primark, next, dorothy perkins, new look, h&m, occasionally tkmaxx, republic and river island.

Cannot stand topshop or zara.

threesypeesy Sun 19-May-13 21:30:19

I am 28 and have a massive shopping addiction

zara,
River Island,
Cruise,
Vivienne Westwood,
New look,
Saks online,
Asos,
Boohoo,
House of fraser,
Lipsy,
Armani exchange

Mumsyblouse Sun 19-May-13 21:31:29

Early-forties.

TKMax
Debenhams online
ESPRIT online
Charity shops

For shoes: Jones the Bootmaker, Clarks for work shoes (only now and again)

All in the sales, never full price!

nethunsreject Sun 19-May-13 21:31:59

Charity shops eBay, primark, supermarkets, zara, new look,. I'm 39.

TeacupTempest Sun 19-May-13 21:33:20

1 child

Crew
H and m
Zara
Dubarry
Local market
Sainsburys

Icelollycraving Sun 19-May-13 21:34:34

I'm 40. Generally shop in M&S,Dorothy Perkins,the odd thing in Evans & New Look. I go through stages of buying lots in monsoon then nothing for ages. I am a size 20 so less high street stuff fits nicely.
If I was slim,I'd shop in Reiss & Coast as they are the shops I always see little structured dresses etc & think Christ I'd spend a fortune in there if I could. I wish there were some really nicely made fashionable clothes that didn't age me,drown out any shape or be made from hideous fabrics!
I could lose weight I suppose!

Cherriesarelovely Sun 19-May-13 21:36:13

Charity shops, Primark or these places for dresses (which I love) if they have a sale or I have a voucher, Whitestuff and Gap.

Cherriesarelovely Sun 19-May-13 21:37:21

Oh sorry, I'm 43 and have 1 child.

lustybusty Sun 19-May-13 21:38:29

I'm 27, 5ft11 and a size 16 (for context)

I spend approximately £200 per year for office wear and smarts in bravissimo and long tall sally (bravissimo for shirts and dresses, LTS for t shirts and cardis)

For jeans, it's m&s, their long jeans are the right length for me to wear with flats or heels and at about £20 are a bargain.

Shoes, "fashion" tops and accessories are asda/tesco, tho keep meaning to include Matalan and primark, but don't go "near" those stores frequently (primark is in town, <shudder> and Matalan is about 10miles away).

IHideVegInRice Sun 19-May-13 21:38:46

40s - M&S, Boden, Gap, Joseph, Ted Baker when I think I'm in my 20s, Biba, and my favourite....PRIMARK! Oh my gosh it's brilliant - I've got some gorgeous patterned chiffon-y shift dresses to fling on in the summer (polka dot, pastels etc) and they were about £15 each I think. Absolutely fab grin

Halfling Sun 19-May-13 21:39:32

I am 35 years old. I shop mainly at -

Boden
Debenhams
Pepperberry
M&S

lustybusty Sun 19-May-13 21:39:36

Oh, and dh could learn some tact and diplomacy, but couldn't all men... grin

OhWouldYouJust Sun 19-May-13 21:39:45

EBay
Primark
Top shop
Boohoo
Next
New Look
Sainsburys
Asda

OhWouldYouJust Sun 19-May-13 21:40:12

Oh and I'm 26

MikeLitoris Sun 19-May-13 21:41:20

Work stuff I usually get in dotty p's, zara, primark or supermarkets.

Casual stuff is river island or new look mostly.

For going out stuff I like warehouse (get a decent discount) or topshop usually.

I'm 31.

I want to go shopping now sad

IHideVegInRice Sun 19-May-13 21:41:21

oh, are we supposed to put height and sizes too? 5'7" and a size 6 -8 depending on my stress levels (!) - I'm still living in hope that I'll wake up gorgeously curvy one day!

MikeLitoris Sun 19-May-13 21:42:42

5ft 6ish 8-10. Big boobs bigger belly

Blanketsandpillows Sun 19-May-13 21:42:49

I'm 30. My first call is always Zara, and sometimes M&S. Then for a treat I'll save up for Whistles, Reiss and Hobbs. LK Bennett or Kurt Geiger for shoes-again I don't have loads is shoes but will save up for a good pair.

DesperatelySeekingSedatives Sun 19-May-13 21:43:07

I'm 27 and shop in New Look, Primark and Asda. Shoes I get 'em anywhere that sells converse cheap grin I am very boring with what I wear. Lots of black and nearly always jeans and converse/leggings and boots.

MacaYoniAndCheese Sun 19-May-13 21:47:19

36 with three children, US size 2 (UK 8?)

I like (am in Canada but I think you'll have most of these if not, online shopping is your friend.)

Zara (basics, blouses, tees etc and the odd jacket)
J. Crew (COATS, cashmere sweaters)
Anthropologie (unusual and unique cardigans, skirts, blouses and dresses)
Gap (good quality basics...tees and khakis, utility jackets)
Old Navy (love their dark skinny jeans for my skinny-fat, pear-shaped bod)
Ebay for discounted/sold-out versions of much coveted items from the above shops.
Lululemon (workout gear)
Various trendy sporting shops for things like tall leather boots, NB sneakers etc.

IHideVegInRice Sun 19-May-13 21:48:56

MacaYoni - yes yes yes Anthropologie!!!

eccentrica Sun 19-May-13 21:49:18

I'm 32 and size 12ish. Mostly hate clothes shopping, but when it can't be avoided I shop in

Charity shops
H&M
Monsoon
River Island
M&S for underwear only
Zara
Local/independent shops

fluffypillow Sun 19-May-13 21:49:40

I'm a Sainsbury kinda girl, mainly when they do their 25% off grin

LetsFaceTheMusicAndDance Sun 19-May-13 21:49:50

White Stuff
Monsoon
Gap (but not any more)
Laura Ashley
Oasis
M&S for underwear and shoes
Clarks

But I'm fed up of identikit clothes and The Sewing Bee has inspired me to get out my mum's old machine.

I'm wearing my new pink needlecord A line skirt with a line of ribbon an inch above the hem tomorrow.
I'm unreasonably excited about this grin

Awks Sun 19-May-13 21:50:18

Zara
Topshop (jeans only)
Warehouse
ASOS
Matalan
Hobbs (when flush)
Clarks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now