Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

... to be tired of the Goady Fuckers?

(371 Posts)
MmeLindor Thu 31-Jan-13 10:00:17

Is it just me or has there been an increase in goady thread derailing in the last couple of weeks? It seems even the most innocuous of threads are being deliberately diverted by posters who only post offensive or ridiculous comments then refuse to back down.

Here's what I use MN for:

Fun
Support
Advice
Chat
Activism and feminism
Bloggers chat
Politics

Not to have arguments with Goady Fuckers who are sitting at home delighted to have got us all off topic.

A lot of threads I've been on in the past few days have been taken completely off topic or detailed. Have we been invaded MNHQ or is it the work of a couple of fuckwits individuals?

Who wants to join me in an Anti Goady Fucker Campaign?

I vote that when someone tries to derail a thread that we all ignore and do a mass report to MNHQ. They are fed up hearing from me in the past weeks.

FloatyBeatie Thu 31-Jan-13 12:27:37

(The last date on which you can submit your tax return is the very best day of the year for writing haiku instead.)

Thumbwitch Thu 31-Jan-13 12:28:17

<snurk> at poowillybum jokes - you're for it now, Olivia! grin

MmeL, I know exactly the sort of GF you're on about and yes, they are an utter PITA.

I will do my levellest now to ignore and report, rather than rising even just the littlest bit (although I just had to on the latest one I saw)

Thumbwitch Thu 31-Jan-13 12:37:25

And I've started with my new resolution - amazingly, the first thread after this one had two of the fuckers on it! shock

MmeLindor Thu 31-Jan-13 12:40:40

Floaty
GET OFF MUMSNET AND DO YOUR TAX RETURN

or I will follow you around the boards, writing bad bad haikus

(I love that one. Please please could MNHQ use that one for the next GF deletion, Olivia)

Maryz Thu 31-Jan-13 12:42:09

I have restarted my (fictitious) spreadsheet.

I'm considering making it for real this time, but the fuckers keep changing their names.

So I keep reporting with "Newbie? Namechanger? wtf?" and comments like this.

To be fair I get very polite responses, when I'm sure Olivia et al would rather say "oh, mind your own business and stop being so irritable" grin

Thumbwitch Thu 31-Jan-13 12:42:25

Yeah Floaty! I did mine last night [smug] - you know you'll feel better when it's done.

Hullygully Thu 31-Jan-13 12:46:47

You give good haiku floaty

BIWI Thu 31-Jan-13 12:49:51

Floaty - I've paid my tax today. <smug>

GET OFF MUMSNET AND GO AND PAY IT!

MN campaigns:

We believe you
Let girls be girls
Better miscarriage care (can't remember if this one has a proper title)
Down with Goady Fuckers.

I will start sending reports with GF in the comment box grin

VenusRising Thu 31-Jan-13 12:52:35

Hey!
Say knock knock..

Narked Thu 31-Jan-13 13:15:21

Lovely.

Now pay your tax. I don't think HMRC accept haiku composition under special circumstances.

MmeLindor Thu 31-Jan-13 13:19:26

We need a hashtag

#goadyfuckers should do it

I think Floaty should send a haiku with her tax return.

neriberi Thu 31-Jan-13 13:24:49

Every forum has goady fuckers, I used to frequent dance music forums and the goady fuckers on there are much much worse than MN. IMHO the MN goady fuckers are pretty tame by dance music forum standards...

BIWI Thu 31-Jan-13 13:57:57

I can't imagine that the Goady Fuckers are really full of joy, are they? <feels sad for them>

FloatyBeatie Thu 31-Jan-13 14:12:29

I have PAID MY TAXES!! So now my soul is much too light for poetry.

Am reporting the Inland Revenue to MNHQ, though, for being goady fuckers.

BIWI Thu 31-Jan-13 14:17:30

grin

amillionyears Thu 31-Jan-13 14:32:28

Problem is, some of us dont notice the goads. So carry on posting.
and I presume MN will not allow someone to shout "goad"?

Pagwatch Thu 31-Jan-13 14:44:24

Well done floaty.

I'm not sure my soul would feel light of I'd just paid my taxes all in one go. I don't even bother looking at the gross pay bit on my pay slips. It would just be too depressing. Never mind the bit that tells me cumulatively how much tax I've paid that year... Denial is the way forward (for those of us who have the luxury of not having to do our own taxes).

Pandemoniaa Thu 31-Jan-13 14:48:15

Could we have a goadyfucker smiley thing? Like a biscuit but much less palatable?

FloatyBeatie Thu 31-Jan-13 14:51:12

Thank you pag.

Arbitrary, I don't pay very much and I make sure I've got a lump sum in the current account for it at the right time of year. It is really depressing, actually, how little I pay -- since it reminds me of how little i earn.

Still, even a very small payment entitles me, as a respectable taxpayer, to go and goady fuck on all the benefits threads. grinwink

BIWI Thu 31-Jan-13 15:01:30

Hmm. Turning Goady Fucker into a verb. I'm liking your work, Floaty.

BIWI Thu 31-Jan-13 15:02:03

To boldly goady fuck where no-one has goady fucked before ...

Maryz Thu 31-Jan-13 15:05:56

Do you think Justine would allow "your posts on this thread make you sound like a GF"?

Maryz Thu 31-Jan-13 15:06:22

Or would SWMNBN sue us?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now