Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

... to be tired of the Goady Fuckers?

(371 Posts)
MmeLindor Thu 31-Jan-13 10:00:17

Is it just me or has there been an increase in goady thread derailing in the last couple of weeks? It seems even the most innocuous of threads are being deliberately diverted by posters who only post offensive or ridiculous comments then refuse to back down.

Here's what I use MN for:

Fun
Support
Advice
Chat
Activism and feminism
Bloggers chat
Politics

Not to have arguments with Goady Fuckers who are sitting at home delighted to have got us all off topic.

A lot of threads I've been on in the past few days have been taken completely off topic or detailed. Have we been invaded MNHQ or is it the work of a couple of fuckwits individuals?

Who wants to join me in an Anti Goady Fucker Campaign?

I vote that when someone tries to derail a thread that we all ignore and do a mass report to MNHQ. They are fed up hearing from me in the past weeks.

JustAHolyFool Thu 31-Jan-13 11:32:48

Actually, LaQueen the sky is white today? Cos there's clouds in it? Duh?

LaQueen Thu 31-Jan-13 11:34:27

[narrows eyes at Just ...raises any eyebrow...]

Have you noticed that the initial of Goady Fuckers also relates to SWMNBM?

Coincidence?

[Phoebe face]

LifeofPo Thu 31-Jan-13 11:40:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Took mw ages to work out how anyone could goadily fuck (or fuckily goad?) About a vacuum cleaner (vax)

blush

MmeLindor Thu 31-Jan-13 11:44:19

Think it would be fuckily goad.

Yes, I noticed the abbreviation was the same as SWMNBN.

<spooky music>

JustAHolyFool Thu 31-Jan-13 11:45:08

ANY eyebrow LaQueen ?

wink

bunchamunchycrunchycarrots Thu 31-Jan-13 11:45:37

Ignoring only helps if we all recognise this type of trolling.

So true. Don't want to fall foul of the Talk Guidelines, but there is one, recurrent, goader who draws people in every time she posts, and it ends up with people being sucked into feeding her agenda, despite having being banned several times over already. MNHQ do what they can, but unfortunately not everyone does ignore, and so the whole cycle repeats itself.

I don't know what the answer is tbh. Other than report & ignore, but it doesn't seem enough somehow.

JustAHolyFool Thu 31-Jan-13 11:46:26

In all seriousness, I am sick of people fuckily goading on the feminist threads. It is rare you can get a decent chat going on there without someone going "but it's not faaaaaaaaair, I want to sleep with prostitutes" or whatever the fuck they're going on about.

This is MN, I think people could gladly fuck with a thread about vacuum cleaners. Some people have very strong views about such things. Surprisingly so!

manicbmc Thu 31-Jan-13 11:49:18

I have a very strong feeling about my vacuum cleaner... I feel it is clogged and that I shall have to disassemble the damn thing to get it sucking again.

Fool, but those women are all small businesswomen who earna squillion pounds a year and go home after their incredibly short shiftf laughing don't you know.

Pagwatch Thu 31-Jan-13 11:49:50

It is amazing what people get incredibly worked up about.

I think I sometimes struggle along the line between goady fucker and just really thick and combative.
It's a challenge.

JustAHolyFool Thu 31-Jan-13 11:53:53

Yes SPB obviously I KNOW that, I just hate sex so I want everyone to be a big old feminist prude like me.

And yes, I DO have a dried-up old fanny. Now can everyone stop being so nubile?

sob

MmeLindor Thu 31-Jan-13 11:54:49

You've got to watch those vacuum cleaner threads. They always turn into nasty bunfights. Generally Miele vs Henry - almost as contentious as ff vs bf

manicbmc Thu 31-Jan-13 11:57:20

I should be okay. I have a Vax. And have no idea about these things as I am a slattern who only bought that model because it was half price. grin

LaQueen Thu 31-Jan-13 11:59:10

Just - I can raise any of my eyebrows [talented]

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 31-Jan-13 12:09:25

Right then, thanks for raising this MmeLindor

To all of you

Any fucker poster you think might be goading?
Please please please report to us.

It takes about 1.5 secs to report a thread.

It makes not a jot of difference who reports (i.e. we don't get sick of folk reporting) but please do it.

We may not get back to you straight away and obviously goading may take a bit longer to look into as opposed to whether a post contains a personal attack but if we don't know about it we certainly can't do anything to stop it.

You don't need to type an essay in the comments box - we don't mind acronyms or just "hmm" or "goading?" or "Wtf?!"

Or you can tell us a joke in the comments box if you like.

Hope this helps.
Thanks as ever
Peace and Love
OliviaMN

Pagwatch Thu 31-Jan-13 12:11:43

Olivia should prepare for a tidal wave of wtf reports.

I am so going to 'wtf' report in future. So pithy!

manicbmc Thu 31-Jan-13 12:13:19

'Gets knock knock joke book from the shelf and blows off cobwebs' grin

HesterBurnitall Thu 31-Jan-13 12:15:07

It's not about dissenting opinions, Floaty, they've always been around. The goady fuckers do it on purpose, they aren't trying to express a viewpoint, they're trying to fuck with the flow of conversation and the dynamic of whatever site they're playing on.

Some are single interest fuckers who are trying to disrupt for a reason, like the MRA trolls who see themselves as a crack team shutting down feminist debate online or the political astroturfers who are employed to seed ideas and to try and manage the parameters of the debate online.

The rest are just flat out trolls and being a goady fucker is where it's at when it comes to keeping themselves entertained.

Dissenting opinions are fine, they're the lifeblood of any decent forum. Goady fuckers are disingenuous, they're interacting with other posters in a manipulative fashion and in pursuit of their own agenda. Whether they're pathetic or sinister, they have a negative affect on forums.

Narked Thu 31-Jan-13 12:15:19

I'm withholding jokes until we get a haiku deletion message.

MmeLindor Thu 31-Jan-13 12:16:04

Sorry for adding to your workload, Olivia.

I think tell a joke reports is a great idea. I will get DS to help me. Sure MNHQ would love his poo-willy-bum jokes.

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 31-Jan-13 12:20:41

MmeLindor

Sorry for adding to your workload, Olivia.

I think tell a joke reports is a great idea. I will get DS to help me. Sure MNHQ would love his poo-willy-bum jokes.

Oh god.
Can open. Worms Everywhere.

FloatyBeatie Thu 31-Jan-13 12:24:42

Haiku deletion message a good idea. How about:

This thread deleted
Because hairs that warm hands will
Chill chat's gentle heart

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now